The Dr. James A. Forrest Career and Technology Center’s Fire/Rescue Program is now accepting applicants for the upcoming 2014-2015 school year. High School juniors and seniors are eligible to enroll through their respective high school guidance counselors.
The program, in conjunction with the University of Maryland’s Fire/Rescue Institute (MFRI), provides the training needed for students to become “Nationally Certified” Firefighters and Emergency Medical Technicians in Maryland.
Students will earn 17 college credits upon satisfactory completion of all courses. Other program
- Availability of college scholarships
- Priority employment opportunities in other jurisdictions (for those certified)
- State Income Tax Credit for three years’ service as a volunteer
- Length of Service Award (retirement) after 20 years’ service as a volunteer
- Chance to become part of an exciting opportunity in your community
For more information about the program, students and parents are asked to contact their high school guidance counselor.