UPDATE: Name Released in Fatal Motor Vehicle Accident in Clements

June 6, 2014

fatal crash

UPDATE: On June 5, 2014 at 6:53 PM, deputies responded to the area of Colton’s Point Road and Oakley Road for a motor vehicle accident.

The preliminary investigation revealed a 2010 Kia Forte operated by Amber Dawn Jarboe, 22, of Mechanicsville, was traveling south on Colton’s Point Road.

For unknown reasons, Jarboe lost control and the vehicle crossed the center line. Jaroboe overcorrected and her vehicle left the roadway. The vehicle struck and embankment, continued airborne, overturned, and Jarboe, who was unrestrained, was ejected. The vehicle continued and struck a tree. Jarboe was pronounced dead on the scene. A child, age 3, was also in the vehicle at the time of the collision and was transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

The Sheriff’s Office Collision Reconstruction Team responded to the scene and assumed the investigation. Alcohol and speed appear to be contributing factors in this collision. Anyone who may have witnessed this accident, who has not already come forward, is asked to contact Corporal Brian Connelly at 301.475.4040.

6/5/14: On Thursday, June 5, 2014 at 7:00 p.m., police, fire and rescue crews responded to a report of a serious accident along Coltons Point Road in Clements.

Crews arrived on scene to discover a motor vehicle accident with one adult ejected from the vehicle, and pronounced dead at the scene.

One other patient was suffering from serious injuries.

That  patient was flown to Children’s Hospital.

The cause of the crash remains under investigation.

Police continue to investigate.

41 Responses to UPDATE: Name Released in Fatal Motor Vehicle Accident in Clements

1. Bryan on June 5, 2014 at 9:36 pm

It was a horrible scene!

2. Bryan on June 5, 2014 at 11:40 pm

R.I.P Amber…..

3. werwe on June 6, 2014 at 7:27 am

Not good news when a child was flown out and the adult was killed. I can only assume at this point that this was a parent and their child. My heart goes out to them

4. hmm on June 6, 2014 at 8:53 am

seat belt?

• No Shame on June 6, 2014 at 9:32 am

I’d say the word “unrestrained” answers that one for you

5. parent on June 6, 2014 at 9:55 am

This irritates me. Alcohol and speed are factors. Praying for the family and especially the little boy, but to put your child’s life in danger says a lot about the victim.

6. Kenny Chezz on June 6, 2014 at 10:00 am

Can we get a picture of this woman?

• Anonymous on June 9, 2014 at 1:08 pm

On the Southern MD 1-10 scale, she was average looking at best. But anywhere else, maybe a couple Lincoln’s.

7. Anonymous on June 6, 2014 at 10:02 am

Very sad. She obviously had an issue with alcohol with her record. The report states alcohol was a contributing factor. Her decision to drink and drive again ended her life and changed the life of her young child forever. My prayers go out to the litte one and her family.

8. Anonymous on June 6, 2014 at 10:43 am

She was a good parent! Those crys will begin, but drunk driving with your child in the car says otherwise. That is all.

9. John on June 6, 2014 at 11:01 am

Unknown reasons umm the article did say alcohol and speed I’d say that’s a reason

10. Grandma on June 6, 2014 at 11:20 am

Prayers go out to all family members. So sorry you have to go through so much pain. May God give you the strength to get throught this.

• Anonymous on June 6, 2014 at 4:56 pm

11. Leasa on June 6, 2014 at 12:04 pm

Hi everyone, Amber is my niece, her son Dylan was the passenger. Dylan is recovering from multiple bumps and bruises, as well as a broken collar bone. I’ll miss our Amber, this is all to unreal at this point. Please send out love and support to my sister? Her name is Dawn Zinn. Amber was my sisters only daughter, her dad, Joe Jarboe’s only child. Please give them support. If you can? ❤️

• jo daddy on June 6, 2014 at 1:12 pm

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you & your family.

• Anonymous on June 6, 2014 at 4:55 pm

Thank you Jo!! ❤️❤️

• Anonymous on June 7, 2014 at 12:01 am

amber was a beautiful young woman and will be missed by so many. she touched the lives of everyone she met. God rest her soul my thoughts and prayers are with you, her father and her mother, and to all who knew her. may God’s grace and love help heal your broken hearts.

• pamel osborne on June 7, 2014 at 12:04 am

May God’s grace and love help heal your broken hearts, Amber was a shining light to so many of us who knew her. she will be missed and loved always.

12. Anonymous on June 6, 2014 at 12:55 pm

Drinking and driving with your young child in the car? I don’t understand it. I’m sorry for her family, and the little boy who will never grow to love his mama. That being said, I live off Colton Point Rd. and travel it multiple times a day with my daughter and so does my husband. To jeopardize the lives of everyone else on the road — it’s pure luck she didn’t crash into and kill someone else as well.

13. Anonymous on June 6, 2014 at 1:15 pm

It’s very sad to know that this young lady was intoxicated, and had her child in the vehicle. This young lady made some very poor decisions that cost her, her life, her childs saftey and now leaves behind a greiving family and a motherless child..so very sad :-(

14. Melissa on June 6, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Love and support to your nieces’ family. I know you guys and your family, I am so so sorry for everyone’s loss.

• Anonymous on June 6, 2014 at 2:56 pm

Thank you!! Regardless, of why….there is a child without his mother, a mother without her daughter, a father without his only child, grieving the loss if this beautiful, young girl.

• Kenny Chezz on June 6, 2014 at 8:35 pm

I don’t get the phone number thing? Someone help me out..

• Real McCoy on June 7, 2014 at 6:54 am

I’m actually surprised they published the comment with a phone number in it.

15. .... on June 6, 2014 at 1:32 pm

apparently this woman had a previous DUI at the age of 20 in 2011. This is so very sad…. RIP. Alcohol is just NOT worth this risk. Driving with your child in the car while drunk… this could have been far worst. Thank goodness this innocent child lived. My heart goes out to family… I am sure she was a great mother. Alcohol alters the mind and doesn’t allow you to think clearly. :(

• Anonymous on June 6, 2014 at 2:43 pm

Bad combination, case search shows she was busted with alcohol at age 18 & two drunk driving charges in 2011 in less than a month, one contributing to an accident. I’m glad to hear the toddler is going to be OK, praise to the car seat manufactures.

16. bee cee on June 6, 2014 at 8:31 pm

Alcoholism is a sad thing to live with. It’s a disease and if only she could have gotten the help she needed, maybe an intervention…so sad

• Real McCoy on June 7, 2014 at 6:53 am

It’s not a disease. That statement is a cop out.

• John on June 7, 2014 at 11:34 am

Alcoholism is a choice Cancer is a Disease

• Nan on June 7, 2014 at 9:56 pm

Alcoholism is not a choice. To drink is a choice, yes, but the alcohol takes over and it is not a choice anymore. I have actually had a doctor tell me that while dealing with a loved one who is an alcoholic. It is an illness and obviously, you have never had to deal with someone you love become an alcoholic and I hope you never do. It was a horrible unfortunate tragedy that has happened. Do you really think her family needs to read all your negative comments during their time of greiving. Let them deal with their loss and their grandson’s recovery. Have some respect!

• Leasa Hogan ( Amber's Aunt) on June 8, 2014 at 3:08 pm

Thank you!❤️

• Jillmd23 on June 7, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Alcoholism is a disease. Medically recognized. Check yoUr facts. Opinions are like butt holes every one has one. Keep it to yourself.

• Anonymous on June 9, 2014 at 7:51 am

If this young lady had this disease then she should NOT have been allowed to have custody of or be able to transport the child in any way shape or form. Unfortunatley, the childs mothers disease has left him to grow up without her, but the only fortunate this is that he is young enough that this tradgedy will not be remembered.

People are going to talk, make negative comments, etc…it’s a given, but at the same time we neeed to remember the family and friends she left behind. They didn’t ask or deserve any of this. We all know this young lady made a horrible decision, which costs her life, but her family did not chose this so please just keep the family in your thoughts and prayers!

17. Catherine on June 7, 2014 at 6:29 am

Come on people. Case search?? Really?? Talking about her drinking and no seat belt?? She is gone…someone’s mother, daughter, sister. The family has a sometimes unbearable time ahead of them so emotional support is needed here…not “holier than thou” comments. There, but for the grace of God go all of us.

• Jay on June 7, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Welcome to the age of the internet and the public’s right to know everything…….

• KG 301 on June 8, 2014 at 11:33 am

I thought the same thing. A mother leaves her son in this world and that guys first thought is “Maybe I should check her criminal record before I commit to feeling any sort of way about this?”

I mean come the f*** on….

18. Jillmd23 on June 7, 2014 at 10:31 pm

Until you’ve walked in Ambers shows and know her trials you have no room to judge her. You are not perfect I’m sure. The bible says judge not least you be judged. Only God can judge. Praying for her family especially her precious little boy. I guess none of you haters out there ever watched Bambi. I’d you has you’d know “if you can’t say nofin nice don’t say nofin at all”. People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

• Anonymous on June 8, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Thank you!❤️

• Ann on June 9, 2014 at 10:43 am

Really people!!! Is it so necessary to put such comments on here. This is such a target thing that happened. Can’t write something comforting or supportive kept your comments to yourself. Hopefully nothing like this will ever happen to you or one of your love ones!!!

• John on June 9, 2014 at 10:30 am

Actually our criminal justics system is setup to do just that…judge… Not everyone lives their life by a book of Bronze Age fairy tales.

19. MamaMia on June 12, 2014 at 2:36 am

I came across this article while searching her name go find out what happened. The family and friends are trying to raise money for her funeral and little boys bills. Apparently through go fund me. Everyone will have an opinion bc this is public. I have dealt with addicts myself in family and friends. It’s very hard on the family. I feel so bad for her family but my heart breaks for her son. I simply cannot donate though. I don’t agree with donating to irresponsible ppl. They couldn’t stop a loved one from driving and endangering a child and public on multiple occasions obviously.