Vehicle Ignites Garage Fire in Chesapeake Beach

September 21, 2014

1 (2)On Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at approximately 12:27 p.m. firefighters from Huntington, North Beach, Dunkirk, and Prince Frederick VFD were alerted to a “vehicle fire next to a house” at 4220 Christiana Parran Road, Chesapeake Beach.

Crews arrived on the scene to discover a large detached garage & vehicle fully involved, with a majority of the building already burned down. Noticeably was a propane tank that was venting due to the heat.

Fire crews worked quickly to extinguish the blaze.

No injuries were reported.

The Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshall reports the fire was determined to be accidental from a malfunction involving a vehicle inside the garage. The garage and its contents were completely destroyed.

The estimated total loss is $60,000.

Photos Courtesy of  Huntingtown VFD


20140917_HOP_0021 (2)