UPDATE: Names Released in Fatal Motor Vehicle Accident in Prince Frederick

September 28, 2012

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE: On September 27, 2012 at approximately 1632 hours members of the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office Patrol Bureau and Crash Reconstruction Team responded to the area of southbound MD Route 4 and Industry Lane, Prince Frederick, Maryland for a report of a motor vehicle collision involving serious injuries. Upon arrival on the scene units located four vehicles that were involved in a collision.

Preliminary investigation revealed that a white GMC operated by Patrick Shane Harrison, a 27 year old male, of St. Leonard was traveling north bound in the fast lane on MD Route 4, just south of Industry Lane. While traveling northbound the GMC left the roadway for an unknown reason and entered the grassy median. In an attempt to reenter the roadway Harrison steered back into the northbound lanes of traffic at which time Harrison lost control of the vehicle due to overcorrecting to the left. The GMC reentered the median continuing through the median in a northerly direction. Upon crossing the median the GMC entered the southbound lanes of MD Route 4 and collided with a Chrysler Sebring, which was traveling south on MD Route 4. The Chrysler was being operated by Dani Deanna Nicole Tice, a 21 year old female, of Lusby, Maryland and occupied by three passengers. The GMC became airborne as it continued across the northbound lanes of Maryland Route 4 at which time it struck a 2000 Ford Mustang operated by Louis Allen Gross JR, a 41 year old male, of Port Republic, Maryland. Upon impact, the Mustang was forced off the roadway into a telephone pole were it came to final rest. Post impact the GMC truck continued in the northerly direction coming to rest in the southbound lanes just south of Industrial Lane.

Gross was pronounced dead on scene by responding medical staff. Harrison was extricated at which time he was transported to Prince George Hospital Center with non-life threatening injuries. Occupants of the Chrysler were treated on the scene by EMS and released.

Calvert County Crash Reconstruction Team is conducting an investigation into the events that led up to the collision. Anyone with information regarding the above events is requested to contact CPL.. R. Wilson of the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office Crash Reconstruction Team at 410-535-2800 or email at wilsonrs@co.cal.md.us.

ORIGINAL ARTICLE: September 27 at approximately 4:30 pm, Prince Frederick fire department was alerted for a accident at route 4 and Industrial Drive. Units arrived on scene to find three vehicles with 2 people trapped.

One person was flown to an area Trauma center, and one person was pronounced dead on the scene.

There were two signed refusals.

More details when they become available.

[slide]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

110 Responses to UPDATE: Names Released in Fatal Motor Vehicle Accident in Prince Frederick

1. Amanda on September 27, 2012 at 8:05 pm

My thoughts and prayers to those that were involved and the families and friends of those involved as well!

2. brad on September 27, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Terrible accident was in the south bound lane and saw it a 1/8 mile away saw the truck flip in the air. very terrible accident and will never forget. My prayer go out to the families.

3. Anonymous on September 27, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Wow what a horrible looking accident, my thoughts a prayers go out to the families that are involved in this so sorry!

4. Brad on September 27, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Horrific! Please be careful folks, we are having way too many accidents and fatalities lately, very sad.

5. Barbi Eversfield on September 27, 2012 at 8:36 pm

A horrible scene. Allen was a wonderful man and good friend to many. He will be missed by all those who knew and loved him, and by his co-workers.

• Anonymous on September 27, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Allen “Fox” was a incredible man, I have known him for over 10yrs and was my twin boys grandfather! He would do anything for anyone at anytime. R.I.P. Fox!!

• Anonymous on September 29, 2012 at 3:35 pm

We love you “C”. My heart is with you, our boys and your mom. Wish I could hug you. -“J”

6. T on September 27, 2012 at 8:37 pm

How in the world did this happen???

7. James on September 27, 2012 at 8:43 pm

My family was in this car wreck they were in the red car i am glad ther are okay and my prayers go out to the family who lost a loved one.

8. Debbie on September 27, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Terrible accident – happen 2 cars in front of me in the south bound lane. Saw the truck flip in the air, so sad, the telephone poles were rolling everywhere. I happen in a matter of a minute. I was scared to death! I just prayed to God. My prayers go out two everyone and their families. Something I will never forget…

9. Anonymous on September 27, 2012 at 8:59 pm

So sad! Prayers are with all involved and their families.

10. Becky on September 27, 2012 at 9:18 pm

My daughter was driving the maroon vehicle in the median strip. She was taken to CHM and released. Thank God….

• Anonymous on September 27, 2012 at 9:50 pm

she was blessed

• Anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 5:59 pm

No other words to describe her. BLESSED*

11. Denise Anderson on September 27, 2012 at 9:30 pm

I PERSONALLY THINK THAT OUT RESPECT FOR THESE PEOPLE’S FAMILY’S THE PHOTOS COULD HAVE WAITED! AT LEAST UNTIL NAMES WERE RELEASED! I KNOW FIRST HAND WITH THE DEATH OF MY 18 YEAR OLD SON IN A SINGLE VEHICLE ACCIDENT THE ADDED TRAUMA , DEVASTATION SUCH PICTURES CAN DO. THIS IS TRAGIC ENOUGH FOR THESE FAMILY’S AS IT IS. I DO UNDERSTAND YOUR RIGHT TO GET A STORY AND MAKE A REPORT. I JUST THINK OUT OF RESPECT IT COULD HAVE WAITED. MY PRAYERS ARE WITH ALL INVOLVED.

• Anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 6:32 am

i agree. My prayers for the families as well as for you and your loss.

12. Anonymous on September 27, 2012 at 9:32 pm

:( My heart goes out to everyone back home..

13. Debbie B on September 27, 2012 at 9:36 pm

God Bless to everyone.

14. samantha on September 27, 2012 at 9:38 pm

i would like to know the names if anyone knows. i know someone in this accident begging to know if he is alive or not!!!!

15. Marti on September 27, 2012 at 9:51 pm

I could not believe the people on South Bound Rt 4 screaming at the State Highway worker. One was even a Keller bus employee. The SHA worker did his best to be polite, and keep people informed about what was going on, and those waiting in traffic berated him, and one even threatened him. It was positively disgusting.
    The SHA workers were doing their jobs, people. Pray for those injured and killed in the accident and be grateful it was not you. I personally would rather those trapped and injured, or deceased, are cared for, and the scene cared for. I can wait in traffic. I have time. They don’t.

• Anonymous on September 27, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Well said!!! Thank you!!!

• Anonymous on September 27, 2012 at 10:58 pm

AMEN

• Anonymous on September 27, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Well said Marti! Those poor people involved needed everyone’s professional attention! I lost a son in an accident and I can only hope that the parametic’s, police, fire crew gave him their entire attention. Hope the Keller bus employee made it home safe!

• Anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 1:51 am

Thank you!!!!!!!

• Anonymous on September 29, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Very good advice Marti. This was such a tragedy for all involved – especially those seriously injured or died as a result of the accident. We need more respect in this country. SLOW DOWN – RESPECT THE LAW

16. Jean Davis on September 27, 2012 at 10:37 pm

We must remember that life is taken in a split second. Be thankful you can hug your family tonite even if you are a couple hours late in getting home.Prayers to those and their families in this accident.Please be careful people.How many people I saw still driving on cell phones and cutting off other drivers due to impatience.

17. Anonymous on September 27, 2012 at 10:37 pm

They should put a light at that intersection

• Anonymous on September 27, 2012 at 11:09 pm

They need to completely block that intersection. There hv been many accidents and deaths. Remember the ladies that worked at Social Services? Horrible, how many hv to pass before they change this intersection? I cannot count how many times I’ve almost had vehicles shoot across from the old Prince Frederick side…don’t know the road name, while I was traveling north and south. NO MORE CARS CROSSING THE ROAD…PEOPLE C’MON!

• Anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 12:45 am

The intersection had zero to do with this tragic event. Although I agree it is a bad intersection.

• Anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 1:30 am

I witnessed the accident. It had nothing to do with the intersection. The vehicle that caused accident crossed the median over to the other lane without any intention of turning at that intersection. He lost control while driving northbound at full highway speed.

• Stephanie Martin on September 28, 2012 at 4:30 am

I don’t think they are allowed to block that intersection due to the fact that the medic unit is up on that hill off of industry lane. If they blocked it off, everytime a medic unit had to head north they’d have to go south then turn around. Yes it’d be safer for everyone, including emergency personnel, however that short trip up around could be the difference between life and death. As a paramedic student I’ve learned that time is a valuable thing. But then one could also argue that if a medic unit gets smashed at that intersection then no one is going to be recieving care…I guess the county will have to decide the best option and which solution will be the best fit to fixing this problem. If we keep throwing lights up at the bad intersections, then the ones that have worked fine for years will become the new “bad” intersection. Pretty soon you won’t be able to drive 10 ft without having a light stop you. But that’s just my opinion.

• Anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 8:13 am

Anyone who has lived in this county for any amount of time knows that road should only be used to go north into main street and never to come out on route 4. It is a short right and left to go out by the firehouse and there is a light there for your safety. It’s just common sense and it might take you a minute or two more. Isn’t your life worth it? If you are in that big of a hurry then maybe you need to slow down a bit.

• Anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 2:35 pm

why do people keep talking about this intersection that had nothing to do with the accident.

• Anonymous on September 27, 2012 at 11:12 pm

I agree. That is a bad intersection.

• Hyde Von Hitchcock on September 27, 2012 at 11:36 pm

People need to pay 150% attention at intersections! And everywhere else for that matter… Technology has made the human race LAZY about where they focus this…Lights don’t fix everything… COMMON SENSE does…

• Anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 9:03 am

This was not an intersection accident..it was a load issue… with that being said and all the traffic lights on Rt. 4, if people would do the correct speed limit there would not be a need for all these lights.. Rt. 4 is posted 55, people on an average drive 65 +, that is not allow you enough time for people to pull into traffic etc. God Bless all involved and their families. You never know when your last day on earth is, respect and be kind to one another..

18. Anonymous on September 27, 2012 at 10:48 pm

My heart and prayers go out to everyone involved and all family members. This was a horrible accident. May god be with everyone.

19. gigi on September 27, 2012 at 11:07 pm

We drove past this accident about a half an hour after it happened. Within minutes people were cutting us off, using cellphones, and driving like maniacs.Did they not just see what happened? I was enraged. A woman on her phone cut us off and almost caused an accident because she wasn’t paying attention. My life, the life of my family is not worth your text or phone call. It was unbelievable! My thoughts go out to the families. What a horrific scene

20. janell c on September 27, 2012 at 11:20 pm

Good job to the volunteers out there tonight. As a Calvert volunteer I know how hard it is but the people we protect also forget. We are leaving our families. To come save yours for free. Why yell and cuss when you should be thanking us.

• Anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Yes, you are correct. I was stuck in the traffic but I was not mad because
      we all made it home except for Mr Fox. Mr Fox RIP.
      I want to thank all the volunteers in calvert county. You all do a great job. Please everyone slow down and pay attention while you are driving.

21. Anonymous on September 27, 2012 at 11:50 pm

My neice and her child and biyfriend was in this accident. They are in the hospital for tests. I am sending prayers to them and all the families

22. Anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 12:32 am

I used to drive on route 4 for years as I worked as. Nurse at CMH. It’s worse than driving on the beltway. What the heck people? Where u going? Possibly to your grave if u dont slow it down 55
    Means 55!!! Not 80!! I’ve also seen some some crazy — people on route 4 driving. People you are not invincible!!! Trust me I know being a nurse. I’ve seen it all.

23. Jen on September 28, 2012 at 12:48 am

This accident happened just as I passed. Saw it in my rear view mirror as the truck flipped. It was the worst sight you could ever imagine. Especially when it was that close to being you. My thoughts & prayers to the families & friends of the victims. I am still shaking from it every time I think about it. Something I will never forget. Thank god it wasn’t you. I certainly do.

24. Anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 1:06 am

This was not an intersection accident. This was a carelessly tied down load that ended in tragic. RIP Fox.

25. Anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 1:16 am

I would like to give my condolences to the Gross family sorry for ur lost Allen aka fox was a good man and friend and a class mate of class 1988 . I remember 2 years ago when i first seen him racing his mustang over buds creek he laid it down 5.6 i brag on him for days and weeks R.I.P Fox gone love and never will be forgotten!!!!

• Anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 6:09 am

Which school did he graduate from?

• Anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 8:11 am

Calvert high

26. Dani Tice on September 28, 2012 at 1:33 am

The purple car was mine…I saw the man in the mustang that I now know his name is Allen and I do not know the man driving the truck’s name was. I’m sorry about them both and my thoughts go out to Allen’s friends and family….

27. wade on September 28, 2012 at 1:48 am

i dont live there but have family that does please people slow down my family also volunteer at solomens fire they risk there lives to serve and protect you for free please show them some respect and curtasy ty.And god bless to those families .

28. Charity on September 28, 2012 at 6:11 am

Rest in peace Fox. If you never met him you missed meeting an absolutely amazing person who loved life and would give you the shirt off of his back! We love and miss you! To his family…I am extremely sorry for your loss…many prayers for all of you.

29. Sheena on September 28, 2012 at 7:28 am

Our condolences to the Gross family. (our neighbors). We live next to his parents and had just met Allen last week. Our hearts really go out to his family. His dad is the kindest person you would ever meet and you can tell that his son was exactly like him. Praying God surrounds them with a peace, strength and comfort during this unreal time. My heart breaks for them.

30. just sad on September 28, 2012 at 8:26 am

Did the driver of the white truck survive? I saw some comments on other posts that say there were two fatalities. So sad. Sorry for the loss of Mr Gross. Didn’t know him but my thoughts and prayers go out to his family & friends. And people being disrepectful to those who are helping at the scene should be ashamed. Have some respect. Some day these men & women may have to help one of your loved ones or you!!!!!

31. Rew on September 28, 2012 at 8:31 am

Condolences to all who had family members involved. It was awful and many, even witnesses, will carry this with them for a very long time. The intersection is a bad one and had nothing to do with the accident. A light is not going to fix that intersection. It is a beautiful drive going north into town. Only if you haven’t lived here long enough (or just too impatient), you should know that you DON’T go south and try to come out on to route 4. There is a light by the firehouse that will safely allow you to go south on route 4. The wait will probably be just as long if not shorter.

32. Anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 8:49 am

People drive like maniacs on route 4. I can’t wait till my house sells and I move back to SMC. At least people drive with sense over there! Route 4 is gonna give me grey hair and I’m only 24.

I also saw the aftermath of this accident, traffic was crazy and this was the worst accident I have ever witnessed in my life! Why people in Calvert think its cool to drive 80-90 mph and ride your A$$ nonstop, I have no clue! One thing about Calvert is you never see fender benders, you see horrific accidents with deaths always involved!

Prayers go out to the families involved.

• Anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 11:43 pm

The county cops tailgate and drive recklessly, what makes you think civilian citizens would be any different? If one more Calvert County Sheriff tailgates me on 231, Calvert County is going to own my vehicle and be down a squad car, with a heavy lawsuit.

33. Mommacee on September 28, 2012 at 9:25 am

I’m not from that area, but I feel if/// NO since its this bad. there needs to be a petition to close the intersection & make a up & over ramp , so this serious problem can be safely removed. I wish to THANK all EMS, fie, police & all who helped in this tragdy. My deepest sympathy to the families involved. And prayers, & many thoughts to family of the lost. If a petition were to come around I’d sign it . God bless all involved…….
    Love Mommacee

34. Mike Boswell on September 28, 2012 at 10:26 am

This is another reminder that life is way too short and people need to slow down. Rt. 4 is still a country road and now some interstate highway where we can all just go as fast as we want to. To those who complained to the rescue workers about being stuck in traffic just think that at least you get to go on with your life, not so for the guy that was killed. Everyone feels that their life is the only life thats important and to them it is. But you are not the only ones out there that has some place to be and people to see. At least when the road clears you can go on your way. Slow down people, stay off the stupid cell phones. Driving is not a privalage but rather a resposibility and far to many are not resposible when they drive. Rant over.

• Anonymous on September 29, 2012 at 3:52 pm

I so agree with you about slowing down. I always go the speed limit and am constantly ambushed from behind by very angry drivers, especially if on a two-way road where they cannot pass me. They drive VERY close to my bumper and then when they have the opportunity, angrily let me know how much I annoyed them. I was just going the speed limit. That’s all.

35. Anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 10:33 am

Praying for all of these families. I constantly call #77 to report irradict drivers. Never know if they are caught, but at least I do my part.

36. Anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 11:11 am

Has anyone heard anything about the gentleman in the white truck? This happened right in front of me and I rushed to try to help him. He was not conscious, but was breathing when paramedics arrived. My heart goes out to the family of the individual in the mustang. I really feel bad that there was nothing we could do for him. I still cannot believe what I saw when it happened.

37. Pat/Scott on September 28, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Shock and disbelief…Fox is dead. The words are hard to speak or comprehend. After a night of fitfull sleep it is still unbelievable. Fox was one of the most giving, gentle, kind souls who makes you believe in the goodness of people. Not the behavior of those who were “inconveienced” by the accident and his death. You should be ashamed of your self absorbed behavior. My greatest admiration goes to the rescue folks who put their lives on the line to help all of us. May we all look inside ourselves and try to be more like Fox who would have waited quietly with sadness in his heart.

A few words that I found sum up what all of us who loved Fox are feeling right now:
    “What moves through us is a silence, a quiet sadness, a longing for one more day, one more word, one more touch. We may not understand why you left this earth so soon, or why you left before we were ready to say goodbye, but little by little, we begin to remember not just that you died, but that you lived. And we will remember your life gave us memories too beautiful to forget.”

Fox leaves a legacy of love for family, friends (so many)and his Mustangs. None of us will forget.

P.S. Scott says, “Goodbye, my friend, catch up with ya later”.

38. Pat on September 28, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Another P.S. to my earlier post. I am retired and glad to be off Rt.4. It is deadly due to road rage, irresponsible drivers and the me first mentality. When I worked “in town” years ago (and it has gotten much worse) there were bumper stickers that read, “Pray for me, I drive Route 4″. We need new bumper stickers that read, “Pray for me, I drive!”

39. Sms on September 28, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Sad to hear of Mr Gross’ passing. Before his son passed away, he played with my son for PFE. Prayers to his family and to all involved including rescue/police personnel.

40. Route 4 Warrior on September 28, 2012 at 1:57 pm

I didn’t see this accident but was in the backed-up traffic for a long while. I still commute to/from DC every day and agree with the previous posters who see speeding and wreckless driving every day. Also see a lot of cell phones and texters — mostly young (read ‘inexperienced’) drivers doing the texting. I’ve even had speeders pass me on the shoulder of the road to get where they’re headed. Then there’s the ones who pull out in front of you without looking to see if anyone is coming. Counting down to Feb. 1 when I can retire and get off the road. Folks, slow down. It’s better to be late in this life than forever in the next life. I’ve also noted a LOT of motorcycle accidents involving young riders this year — at least 6 come to mind. Let’s be careful out there. Route 4 is not the Indy Speedway although sometimes it feels like it.

Thoughts and prayers to the families of the people involved in this.

41. notamarylander on September 28, 2012 at 2:15 pm

As someone who is not from Maryland, let me just say that the drivers here are the most irresponsible, reckless drivers of any place that I have lived. The roads are narrow with many ins and outs and NO ONE, including the cops, pay attention to the speed limit. I used to drive the speed limit, but doing so on Rte. 4 guarantees that someone will be tailgating you, cutting you off, lifting a finger, or worse. Fatality crashes are making the news on a weekly basis and it seems to bother NO ONE…the driving stays the same, the recklessness stays the same, and the invincible attitude never changes.

I feel so sorry for every family that has lost a loved one to a senseless accident. They do not have to happen. If people would slow down, leave some following distance, stop texting, and pay attention, there would be far fewer accidents. May God grant peace to those grieving and protect the rest of us from those who think they own the road.

42. Russ on September 28, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Unfortunatley, after looking at Mr. Harrisons record, he has several open cases for speeding and driving on suspended license and also psoeesion of drugs & paraphernalia. Apparently Mr. Harrison has no consideration for others on the road, and now due to his ignorance/negligence an innocent man has now lost his life.

• Anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 5:12 pm

you shouldn’t be pointing fingers and blaming someone in this situation just because he has speeding tickets or because of his past. it seems there was an obstruction in the road. just because you looked up someone’s court record doesn’t mean you know all the facts.

43. Suzanne on September 28, 2012 at 3:20 pm

I only met Fox once, but I heard a lot about him from my nephew, who was a close friend. The many people I’ve talked to who knew Fox ALL say, “He was a GOOD man.” RIP Fox. You will be missed, but you will always be remembered for the GOOD man that you were.

44. anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 3:45 pm

i drove from mid-calvert co to baltimore today. guess i was on the road about 5 hours and was so worried about driving on 301, 97 and 695…ha, those were the easy roads. it wasn’t until i got back on rt 4 that i encountered crazy driving. so many horrible accidents lately, makes you wonder if people haven’t heard about them (don’t know how that could be) or if people just don’t care enough about themselves and/or the drivers around them to slow down and drive more carefully! prayers and condolences to the gross family, sounds like you lost a truly remarkable family member.

45. Zigg72md on September 28, 2012 at 5:19 pm

I’m just glad my wife and children survived their encounter with the driver of the white truck. 10 minutes before this incident(I refuse to call it an accident) My wife was cut-off and almost hit by this guy as he pulled out in front of her, without looking or stopping. Then procceded to speed off through a residential neiborhood.

46. anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 5:51 pm

um. i don’t normally even post on these things, but am appalled at your defense of someone who has an extensive driving record and obviously chooses to ignore the traffic laws (perhaps you are a friend or relative). it is well documented that drivers with records are at a much greater risk for an accident than those without. the courts are too lenient on these types of drivers, not sure it would make a difference anyway, obviously this guy was gonna drive whether or not he had a license. too many of these types of drivers are on the road, perhaps if something more were done i would not have lost 2 dear friends last year when another of these types of drivers made a “mistake” that killed them as they were turning into their driveway! i also think it is odd that you are the only person on here who has mentioned a road hazard (“obstruction in the road”), i think mr. harrison was a hazard to all drivers in pf yesterday afternoon.

47. Outraged Citizen on September 28, 2012 at 5:52 pm

It seems the obstruction in the road was Fox’s car. Don’t reprimand someone for speaking the truth. Anyone can go to the Maryland Judiciary Case Search Results (public record) and see the 20 violations against Mr. Harrison. No one is holding his past against him but if he was driving on a suspended license he is to blame. BTW, the charges against him are as recent as late June this year and had yet to go to trial. So, try to think before you comment. I know it’s hard. The facts will come out when the investigation is completed and I hope there will be justice for Fox.

48. Scott on September 28, 2012 at 7:05 pm

Still can’t believe my buddy Fox is gone :o(
    20 years went by so fast and was looking forward to 20 more. Life will
    never be the same without you my friend. And yes we do judge people from their past thats why this is such a hard loss. He was a great Friend, Father,Grandfather,Son,Brother and Boyfriend. Words just can’t express my feelings. It just seems that the good ones die young and the screw ups keep on screwing up without a care who they hurt or what carnage is left in their path. And who’s lives they leave turned upside down. My Prayers and love go out to Fox’s Family. Missing you so much already your Buddy Scott :o(

Catch up with ya later !

49. Anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Zigg – Please report what you posted here to the police. They need to have all the facts regarding that “white truck” on that fatal day. I’m glad your wife and children were spared. We need to get people like this off the road permanently. Yes and the past offenses do go to the truth of the matter that this guy was and is a menace. Suspended license means you do not have the privilidge to drive. Yes, it is a priviledge and many don’t deserve it. I believe you can see from the posts on this subject the feelings run strong for our friend, Fox and the innocent girls who could have lost their lives also. And for that matter your wife and children. What is that saying, Evil survives when good men (and women) do nothing. Well, I for one, choose to do something, even if its to speak out for what is right. We obey the law so we will wait for the police investigation to be done and see where the facts of this take us. Hopefully to justice for Fox.

50. K on September 28, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Patrick Harrison was ticketed on 6/26/12 for speeding and driving on a suspended license, on 8/09/12 for speeding, CDS possession and driving on a suspended license, and again on 8/15/12 for speeding and for driving on a suspended license — so that is three times in less than two months that he was ticketed for speeding and driving on a suspended license. There’s no telling how many times he was driving and wasn’t caught. I doubt his license was suspended after just one ticket. Odds are his license was still suspended yesterday. And you don’t think these charges have any impact on the accident yesterday? Tell Fox’s family that.

51. Scott on September 28, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Can we as a group do anything ? Who can I petition or talk too ? He took my friends life and I can’t sit here and do nothing.

52. samantha on September 28, 2012 at 8:15 pm

how about everyone GROW up yes we lost somebody important to you guys but as you all say mr harrison is important to me this is ignorant and hopefully he survives this terrible thing! dont pick and choose sides unless you know the TRUE history as to one person! god takes people when he wants them even in crazy ways! stop worrieng about his record because that will get you no where the cops can do that, not you! be happy there hopefully isnt two deaths because of it only Mr Harrison knows what happend behind his wheel unless you seen it with your own eyes shut your mouth! find something better to do… better yet go try and turn into a cop, im sure the cops know whats going on with his record or it wouldnt be there.. this just proves the only think calvert county does is JUDGE everyone because of a past etc… noone in this county is better then other… have a GREAT night all and be lucky it wasnt you

• Anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Learn how to spell.

• Anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Where you there? Practice what you preach
      Yes this community lossed a great person
      Yesterday. They have every right to mourn
      Be mad , I think you are also judging others
      And I don’t see where anyone was bad mouthing th
      The driver of the white truck but simply stating
      Facts that all can view. If you have no respect
      For the loss of fox then you need to grow up
      And get a life and be thankful you are able to
      See your family and hug and talk to them because
      Fox’s family can’t they are left to mourn. May Fox’s
      Family find peace and strength at this time
      RIP FOX

• lmao@stupidity on September 28, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Be lucky it wasn’t us!!!! REALLY Samantha you are a piece of work, an innocent, law abiding gentleman lost his life because of the waste of human flesh you are defending!!!! The number of lives he has destroyed by thinking he is above the law is immeasurable! Hopefully justice will prevail and we won’t have to “be lucky it wasn’t us” for many years to come! RIP Mr Fox.

• Anonymous on September 29, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Wow! Samantha I don’t know how old you are but you sound very immature and extremely disrespectful. Especially to people who are grieving. You should be ashamed telling these people to shut up. How dare you say that God is responsible for what happened to Fox!!! So God put someone unlicensed behind the wheel of a truck and had them break the law and caused a horrible accident and pain??? Ludicrous!!! You have a lot of growing to do yourself and a whole lot of learning to do. You really need to apologize to these good people.

53. Anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Samantha…wow! I’m speechless about your response.

54. Scott on September 28, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Your right Samantha GROW UP !!! Your friend gave my friend a death sentence without any chance of any appeals !! I guess it easy for you to take your position since your friend is still alive ! I hope the police take in consideration the size of the load that the truck was hauling and why in the fast or passing lane ? Did he have a cell phone in his possesion ? was it being used at the time for talking or texting. I see people running outside of the lines all of the time looking at their phones. I guess an impact statement at his trial may do some good also. I hope your never on the recieving end like we are and next time it could be me or my family he runs into. Then you can make more excuses for him. I guess I am A child for having Zero tolerance for repeat offenders.

55. I seen it happen! on September 28, 2012 at 9:04 pm

This accident happen right before my eyes yesterday-something I will NEVER forget. All in a matter of seconds and it was over!!! I was going South in the fast lane. Only one car in front of me when the white truck came down… , thank god I was not involved. I pulled into the liquor store to get out of the way… I believe from what I witnessed the white truck was at faulted.… Regardless of Mr. Harrison (White Truck) record (good or bad) on the web – he is still at faulted. I did not see the other two cars do anything wrong. The white truck loss control for some reason (maybe he was driving too fast – or better yet – the load of logs he had on the back of the truck was too much weight for that older truck) who knows!!! Only God and of course him. I seen the White truck bed liner and those telephone poles just flying in the air – I thank god the poles did not hit my windshield!!! I have to say this accident scared me (and I’m sure everyone else too) —-

There are good people in Calvert – they were all there helping all, to include the man in the white truck at fault..

I have read people comments — “must have been the Mustangs fault – since it’s was a mustangs”— People REALLY DO NEED TO GET A LIFE. Mr. Fox was in the wrong place at the wrong time, period.

Why is the road closed, people yelling and asking why is it taken so long.. People — REALLY! If it was your family or love one – you would want the police/fire/EMT there, plus if your love one was killed you would want to know what happen — right?? People questing the fire ladder truck —- Hummmm you ever think that maybe someone was on top taken picture to figure out what happen!! People just don’t think!!

There was road hazard in the road – that’s what cause this to happen…. NO NO NO, I was there, the only road hazard was the telephone poles of the White Truck – which came out of his truck when it when up in the air – the bed liner was flying.

My prayers go out to Mr. Fox family and the other individuals involved.

Yes, I will be calling the investigation team to report what I saw.

56. Jerry on September 28, 2012 at 9:17 pm

It doesn’t make any difference what was going on behind Mr. Harrison’s “wheel” if he was driving on a suspended license then HE was the PROBLEM behind the wheel! And if these people need to vent because they lost somebody dear to them because of the senseless disregard of another individual, then you have no right to judge THEM as you are so almighty to point out

57. Anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 9:39 pm

You be happy there weren’t two deaths. We are sorry there was one and that it was Fox. We are mourning a good MAN, getting ready for a funeral and trying to find the words to express our sorrow to his family. We are all devastated and find your words disrespectful. It’s not your place to tell us how to react, especially when it is reported that Harrison was not supposed to be driving. What do you expect but outrage from people. If anyone needs to grow up and take responsibility it is your boy and you. We will continue to vent our rage and grief as that is all we have now. What have you lost and what gives you the right to JUDGE us? Leave us to our grief and sorrow as we try to heal. Don’t fuel a burning fire. The police will investigate all pertinent facts and interview witnesses (some who have posted here) and in the end God will sort it out. Do us a favor and get off this board. You are not wanted here and add to our grief.

58. Anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 9:48 pm

I first want to say that my thoughts and prayers are with Fox’s family may he R.I.P, but I would also like to state that although Mr. Fox is gone let this be a lesson to everyone. NOBODY knows what happened that day except Mr. Harrison his self. I am not standig up for him as I did not know him, but did know fox. We are all hurt by this in so many ways, but this is no time to point fingers. We know the the person that caused the accident, but not the cause itself. A person should not be judged by his past. A past could have been June. Some people decided to turn there life around maybe this man did to. Just because his charge date is June doesnt mean thats when it accured, but if it was no one said he was on a suspended license. It says he has been charged BEFORE with driving on a suspended. Please people I know this mans family and friends feel bad enough about the inncodent. They do not need to watch people bad mouth and point fingers. This sould be a time to bring people together not bring out the worst in them. Let Calvert counties finest do their jobs, you all stick to yours. I promise answers will come soon enough and the guilty will pay for their mistakes. In the end the truth will come out. Untill then try not to make things worse. Thank you R.I.P FOX you are gone man, but def not forgotten!

59. samantha on September 28, 2012 at 10:06 pm

THANK YOU!!! Mr Harrison ONLY knows im not taking his side but is discusts me to see people judging him i may know him he may be my friend but for christ sakes!!!!!! Mr Harrison has a heart he is a HUMAN like us all… why judge someone for there past… he im sure feels bad and will be haunted for life everytime he thinks about it people like all of you make people go mentally insane and kill themselves so try saving a life people!!! not making it harder for someone your pathetic you make yourselves look stupid.. he turned his life around if you dont know him and can only judge someone because of a record your no better,

60. samantha on September 28, 2012 at 10:07 pm

THIS IS A COMMUNITY BOARD I WILL NOT LEAVE! WHEN YOUR IN CHARGE LET ME KNOW!

61. Scott on September 28, 2012 at 10:07 pm

I can judge people by their past as you can with him. Watch cops sometime you can almost talk for the criminals because you know what their going to say. He keeps screwing up. Looks like a pattern to me. Wouldn’t surprise me if he were on something. My friend was issued a death sentence with no appeals. People are creatures of habit . Thats how criminals keep making the same mistakes. Hopefully it isn’t me or my family that gets sentenced by your friend again. I have zero tolerence for stuff like this. Whats his excuse for next time ? Its time for him to be a man and do his time instead of like the past keep skating by. I hope the police check for every drug , Cell phone text or conversation maybe to make him leave the road. Make sure the truck wasn’t overloaded as you can see a lot of going up and down RT4.

62. DJ on September 28, 2012 at 10:09 pm

I FEEL LIKE I AM DREAMING IN MY SLEEP. THIS JUST DOES NOT SEEM OR SOUND REAL. IF EVERYONE IN THIS WHOLE WORLD HAD A PERSONALITY LIKE FOX, IT WOULD BE A MUCH BETTER PLACE TO BE. FOX WAS AN AWESOME DUDE. WORDS CANNOT EXPLAIN HOW EVERYONE LOVED THIS MAN. TO THE GROSS FAMILY OUR HEARTS ARE HEAVY. TRUST IN THE LORD, BELIEVE HIS WORDS, HOLD ON TO HIS UNCHANGING HANDS. MAY THE LORD BLESS EVERYONE INVOLVED AND THOSE WHO SUFFERED INJURIES.

63. samantha on September 28, 2012 at 10:10 pm

And i am sorry for everyones loss it broke my heart seeing the pictures! im letting you guys know that yes maybe his license was suspended BUT, lets be serious everyone be gratefull everyone in this accident is okay and continue to mourn the loss of Mr Fox.. But Mr Harrison is a good man and may be messed up for the rest of his life because of what he did, let up a little.

64. samantha on September 28, 2012 at 10:13 pm

And when you have proof his license was suspended on that day, then prove it i see it NOWHERE.. STOP JUDGING!!!

• Anonymous on September 29, 2012 at 3:24 pm

LOOK UP ON MARYLAND CASE SEARCH AND YOU WILL SEE FOR YOURSELF

65. Anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 10:25 pm

Many people know what happened that day. Have you not been reading? We are not pointing fingers, we are pointing at the truth of the tragedy. Should we just look the other way as people do as they please? Harrison has been reported to be driving on a suspended license. That comes from State Records, not from we, the people who suffer. Everyone is judged by their actions. We are not talking about this man’s past but his reported present. According to State records he is due in court on previous(2012) charges at the end of this year. I suppose that will change now as new charges are added. He was reported to be driving on a suspended license in 2009 also so this is apparently nothing new to him. I guess you just can’t trust those State records, can you? I can’t feel sorry for someone who purposely disregards the law. Did you read the post from ZZ who stated the “white truck” almost ran his wife and children down before he entered Rt. 4. I guess he was lying. If you have any common sense it is pretty easy to figure out what happened from the pictures and the postings from eye witnesses and the other victims who by the grace of God survived. Fox would not turn away from a friend so don’t try to softsoap what happened to him. Fox was the first person to come to my house when my husband died to bring the family a big ham and hug. I’ll never forget him for his kindness and his soft spoken ways. I feel for his beloved as I know what it is to lose your soulmate before their time. It chews your heart up and spits it out. I’ll never forget the tragic loss of his son, Trey, either. Fox handled that with a strength I could never had mustered. To lose a child is the ultimate sacrifice. Now Fox’s parents must endure the loss of their child as well as that of Trey, their grandson. They are Christian people who readily forgive. I am finding forgiveness a little hard right now. Perhaps in time. The anger only eats you up but it is a normal reaction. One day we will talk of Fox with smiles on our faces and remember the days all you guys raced your Mustangs (at the track), Fox the most dedicated. You young bloods who enjoyed life with such gusto back in “the day” make my heart smile. God grant us all peace and hold tightly to our hearts as we travel our journey of grief. But give us time to vent, it does the soul good.

66. Anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 11:29 pm

OMG…really….did everyone miss the other people in the accident? What about the injuries they got? What about her car? Did the guy have insurance. I understand and respect a person died….but what about the living. Everyone is totally forgetting the girl who was hit head on. Sick

67. Anonymous on September 28, 2012 at 11:39 pm

This gentleman has a long record of driving on a suspended license/registration and getting caught. My question to Calvert County Police, why did you not impound the car until his tickets were paid or he went to trial, a life could’ve been saved if they simply would’ve followed protocol and taken the car away. Any other county tows it when you’re ticketed for those things. I hope he gets charged with vehicular manslaughter, he’s obviously a careless individual.

68. Rob on September 29, 2012 at 5:40 am

I waited for a long time in this accident, and the thing that I have found is that folks down here are a lot more courteous than in other areas. Fortunately, I didn’t see any of the rudeness others have mentioned. When traffic finally began moving and we all had to merge into one lane and then proceed south bound- in the north bound fast lane- folks were just merging easily, every other car, none of this me first as is typical in other areas and especially after having waited so long for the road to open. With so much of the roadway – north and south bound- being involved in the accident the choices for safely opening the road were few and safety has to be the primary consideration no matter how inconvenient.

Even if you saw the accident, it is not always clear who is at fault or what triggered the accident. We once saw a car A cross Route 4, which caused another driver, car B to lose control and wreck (luckily only 1 car was involved). Clearly, car A was at fault, right? Well, it was dusk and from our perspective what we didn’t know was that Car B was going in excess of 100 mph. We found this out when we went back to the scene to report that Car A had cut off Car B, and then left the scene. I’m not taking sides here, just saying the accident reconstruction team may know things don’t but they will figure it; speculation doesn’t seem fair to those involved.

People make mistakes, we’re only human. In the last two weeks, I have had numerous incidents on Route 4 where I reacted quickly and avoided an accident…had I not been paying attention for even a second or two, it could have been disasterous. So think about that next time you want to text, make a call, get something that fell under the seat…
    And yes, I’ve seen younger drivers texting and not staying within the lines, but I’ve also seen just as many bone headed older drivers do stupid things like pull out on Route 4 without being aware they just cut someone off, and they are in no hurry to get up to the posted speed limit. That intersection is a terrible design, and I’ve seen a lot of close calls there as well. Something weird about the angle causes a blind spot or something, and trying to cross 4 lanes of traffic is not a good idea…after a close call 10 years ago, I never try to make it southbound from that road (I think it is 765? Why are there 4000 roads named 765 in this county???)

Kudos to the rescue personnel and those who helped out at the scene. I knew it was bad news when I saw the ambulance from Solomons headed north bound, lights on but only going about 40 mph. In general, Calvert County does a great job clearing accidents quickly, but a fatality and multiple injuries will always take a lot longer.

Being late was stressful for me, but at least I made it home and didn’t end up being flown to shock trauma. Or have a knock on my door from an officer with bad news.

69. Anonymous on September 29, 2012 at 2:44 pm

This guy needs to be locked up and the key thrown away. Apparently, he won’t abide by the law, was caught (recently three times driving on a suspended license) and with oxycodone residue under his nose. This is according to a report from one of Maryland’s troopers. Why wasn’t this trash put away long ago. No way has he gotten his license back as his court date for the past suspensions hasn’t even come up yet. I didn’t make this stuff up it was reported in a local newspaper.

No one would be responding so vehemently to this if it truly was an accident. It wasn’t and nothing that anyone can say can change the fact that a good man died while the person responsible still lives to drive our roads and maybe kill someone you love next time. He won’t stop driving as he has proven.

If you condone or take up for the “white truck” guy you are as despicable as him. The only people who are feeling sorry for him are fellow law breakers or just plain ignorant.

70. Anonymous on September 29, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Samantha, you are not doing your friend any favors and if you are a friend of Mr. Harrison than I would suggest to you to step away from the keyboard.

I don’t know any of the people involved, however if you are any indication of the type of people Mr. Harrison associates with than I have no problem paying higher taxes for Mr. Harrison’s lifetime commitment to the criminal justice system.

71. WOW on September 29, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Will Assume the police tooks this guy (WHITE PICKUP) and had a drug/alcohol screening done with a Victim pronounced DOA at acident site (RIP Fox). For all you lovers of the Pickup drivers sake, hope he comes up clean, and it was just terrible accident. Heaven help him, if he’s driving without driving priv’s or had drugs/alcohol in his system, then I want on that jury !!!!

72. Scott on September 30, 2012 at 8:52 am

Went to Fox’s parents house yesterday evening. They both were there with their daughters and Petra. His daughters and granddaughters were there also. They are the most loving and caring people. They really make you want to be like them and they make you realize their are some really great caring people in this world. Fox just told his sister earlier this week Thank You for helping out all of those years with his kids. He loved his kids and family so much. How many people does anybody know that would actually take the time to say something like that out of the blue ? Very few and Fox was one of them. It just breaks my heart that Fox had to leave this earth so early. Fox’s dad said that God won’t put anything on you that you can’t handle and everything will be okay. I wish I were that strong, I just can’t forgive what happened to my friend and never will. An accident is one thing, but with the record of the man in the white truck it wasn’t and accident. Just like when a person decides to go out drinking without a sober ride home and ends up driving drunk and causes an accident. Thats not an accident !! It shouldn’t have happened !! I do realize that the guy in the white truck has ruined his family and friends lives too. Its ashame that people dont’t take time to think what they may leave behind. I feel sorry for his parents if he has any. I know the man’s name in the white truck fron seeing it in this article but I refuse to say or spell it out. It just brings anger and that is doing me no good.

God Speed Fox until we meet again brother ( I always considered you a brother from a different mother and father :o) ) I really hope you know how much you and your family were cared about and loved even though we never said it out loud. Your passing made a lot of people cry including us all of us men. I won’t say goodbye but see you later my friend :o)

Scott

73. Mary L on September 30, 2012 at 12:31 pm

I can say that the world was a better place because of Fox. He was a true friend to all. He was at Don’s garage many evenings and we did a lot of “table top racing”. Such a kind, gentle, dedicated man to his family, Petra and friends. I feel so blessed to have known you. We will miss you. RIP.

74. Pat on September 30, 2012 at 3:38 pm

We were brought to our knees this week. We lost someone we loved and our hearts have been broken but not our spirits. We will endure and live to tell people about our friend and the many lives he touched so profoundly.

His life was a testiment to living with humility, strength, faith and love. Fox would be the first to say, “I’m okay, that guy who caused my death is not worth your anger or another second of your time.”

Band together, Fox’s MIR Band of Brothers, remember the good times, and there were many. Remember Fox as the soft spoken guy whose passion for cars was only surpassed by his passion and love for family and friends.
    Don’t lose touch with one another as life can be taken in a heartbeat as we have witnessed. Keep your promise to stay in touch as life is so fleeting and precious.

May we all find peace and not be blinded by rage for it can turn our hearts to stone. Fox would want better for us…

75. Anonymous on October 1, 2012 at 11:38 am

I just couldn’t leave this alone. It will take time. I just read another newspaper report from Friday that said Fox was pronounced dead at the scene and he was wearing his seatbelt. Scott said he always wore his seatbelt. It just made me start crying all over again. He did everything right and it just wasn’t enough to escape a person who did everything wrong. God help me to stop, because I can’t get rid of this knot in the pit of my stomach. I watch my son, one of Fox’s best friends, in such pain and that continues to break my heart. I watch all of his buddies who just can’t stop crying. I grieve for Petra as I know what it is to lose your soulmate. She is inconsolable, rightly so. I think of his Mom and Dad and can’t imagine their pain but know their faith is strong. His sisters, his daughters and grandbabies all bear a heavy burden. I just read there is a word for someone who loses a spouse, widow or widower, losing a parent makes you an orphan, but losing a child (no matter the age) – there is no word for that because it is so damn awful.

Maybe, just maybe when Fox is laid to rest, we can start to heal. It won’t be easy but as Fox’s Dad said, “God won’t give you any more than you can handle.” We’re trying God, but we’re going to need some help.

76. Shawn on October 1, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Fox was a great man ! He will be truly missed ! I will miss u so very much ! But I will always have the memories we share! May you RIP my friend

77. Anonymous on October 2, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Allen Gross aka (FOX) was a great man, Always happy and always had a smile on his face. He will surely be missed by all of us. If anyone was a friend of Fox you know what I am talking about. FOX ” You will never be Forgotten”. Friends and Family of Allen’s (aka Fox) viewing will be 6pm to 8pm Wednesday Oct. 3 @ Sewell Funeral Home on Dares Beach Road. Thurday, October 4, 10 am…viewing @ Mt. Olive Church, Dares Beach Rd. 11am Homegoing Service @ 11am..Mt. Olive Church. Continue to send up prayers for his children, Sharaze, Sharnisha & Sharquette. Following the service, he will be buried at Brooks United Methodist Church, 5550 Mackall Road in St. Leonard.
    You are in a Better place and all of us will see you again….

78. Pat on October 3, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Just came from viewing. This man was (and is)LOVED!!!!!!!!!

79. unbelievable on October 5, 2012 at 10:17 am

Good morning to you all! I am not here to bash anyone, but the truth is the truth! I have a lot of friends and family I haven’t seen in a few years after moving away from Calvert. To all my family and friends back home, please be careful and if you can, avoid Rt.4’s “CARELESS KILLER” drivers!
    It has taken me a week to digest this entire situation after losing a great, long time friend of mine and honestly a friend to everyone he knew and met. Just off the top of my head, I can name at least 50 people “FOX” was friends with and I’m sure most of you can too!! Because the numbers are endless!
    “FOX” Buddy, you are truly, one of a kind! It was an honor to even know you my friend! No matter how bad a situation, I always saw you smiling and you were always ready to lend a helping hand! I will miss you and so will so many other people! I remeber years ago, pulling motors with the tree in your mom and dads front yard. There are just so many great memories to end without a fighting chance! Can anyone tell me, why do the guilty always seem to walk away from these types of accidents, and the good never had a chance?
    You know, everyone blames Rt.4 and the intersections, and that is always the easiest excuse! The truth is, it is the disrespectful, non driving people on Rt.4. Especially people that have multiple offenses against them that should not even be able to have a set of keys to a lawn mower! Our laws suck! These people do not need as many chances as they get!
    That day when Mr. Harrison loaded that bullett in the chamber of that white GMC, no one knew who he would be aiming it at. Driving erratic out of the community, then up Rt. 4, with no respect for anything or anyone! People, if you were anywhere on Rt.4 that day, each and everyone one of you could have been the victim! This could happen to any of you, at any time with drivers like this on our roads. Do people forget that driving is a privilege?
    When Mr. Harrison was reaching the Prince Frederick town limits, he decided to pull the trigger on that white GMC. Nearly missing other vehicles, the bullet first struck a very lucky family, and as the bullet grazed off of their vehicle, now airborn,then landing on that 2000 mustang, the bullet that just killed Fox came to a rest, further up the road! Unconscious but still alive in the white GMC, Mr.
    Harrison still has ability to do this again later in life! Come on people, we have to fight to keep our roads, family and friends safe from these people!
    My prayers go out to the Gross family, and to all the people involved in this accident. I am thankful that everyone that was in the other cars are safe now! To Mr. Harrison, you knew better when you pulled that trigger on that white GMC truck that killed my friend.
    “FOX” I am at a loss for words my friend. I honestly cannot think of enough words I can say to sum up how we all feel and thought of you and all of our friendships. I will truly miss you and I know, we will meet again my friend.

80. Anonymous on October 5, 2012 at 2:37 pm

I want to thank Southern Maryland News Net for keeping this forum open to those of us who need to grieve and speak of the wonderful man who was killed way before his time. I hear and feel the pain from all of those who loved Fox. There were over 600 people at his viewing and many never got a chance to sign the memory books. The measure of this good man is everywhere, just ask anyone who knew him. He had so much to live for and lived for others, not himself.

It is so sad that there was a person who was the complete opposite of Fox on the roads that day, a very selfish, self absorbed person who didn’t play by the rules. Hopefully, this groundswell of anger will be used for good. Perhaps through us, we will seek justice for Fox and all those who travel our roads. I think we are all in agreement, but let the facts determine, if laws were broken that day and had been for months previous to this tragedy. We need to be the force behind the people who make our laws. We need to tell them how strongly we feel about the senseless deaths on our roads. It is time to stand up for Fox (and the others who nearly missed death that day)and what is right, no more slaps on the wrist for people who turn our worlds upside down. We aren’t the first as I understand, people have been lobbying our lawmakers for seven years to put some teeth into our laws and make people accountable. Let us be a Band of Brothers (and sisters) and do what we can to make a difference. A difference like Fox made in his lifetime. Let’s make him proud. Let’s help to make the roads safe for everyone.

P.S. And yes, we will be watching and monitoring the outcome of this one.