UPDATE: Charles County Arson Suspect Apprehended

December 28, 2016
Eric White, 40, of Waldorf

Eric White, 40, of Waldorf

UPDATE 12/28/2016: Investigators from the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office, along with members of the US Marshals Fugitive Task Force, have successfully located and apprehended Eric White (40).

White was linked to an arson fire located at 6706 Coati Court in Waldorf which occurred on December 15th. Information received after the fire determined White had fled to North Carolina.

On December 27, 2016, at 2:30 p.m., White was taken into custody at his parent’s residence in Hickory, North Carolina, and is currently being held at the Catawba County Detention Center with a bond of $500,000. White is awaiting his initial court appearance and extradition hearing at this time.

The fire was intentionally set in his own home while his family was inside the residence, which caused approximately $35,000 in damages. White faces charges of First Degree Arson, Attempted Second Degree Murder, First Degree Malicious Burning and Reckless Endangerment.

Eric White, 40

Eric White, 40

12/15/2016: Investigators from the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office and the Charles County Sheriff’s Office are investigating a house fire at 6706 Coati Court in Waldorf of Charles County.

At the time of the fire, the house was occupied by Ms. Leandrea White and her children. Ms. White was alerted to the fire after hearing loud noises coming from the first floor.

The investigation has revealed the fire was intentionally set by Eric White, 40, her husband, after a domestic dispute occurred. Waldorf and local volunteer fire departments were alerted to the fire around 6:57 on Thursday, December 15, 2016.

The fire occurred in a two story, single family dwelling and caused approximately $35,000 in damages. Ms. White and children have been displaced due to the fire and are being assisted by family and friends.

As a result of the investigation, Eric White has been charged with First Degree Arson, Attempted Second Degree Murder, First Degree Malicious Burning and Reckless Endangerment.

At this time, investigators are attempting to locate Eric White.

Anyone with any information in reference to this fire and/or the whereabouts of Eric White are asked to call the State Fire Marshal’s Office at 443-550-6820 or the Maryland State Police at 301-392-1200.

Eric White, 40, of Waldorf

Eric White, 40, of Waldorf

25 Responses to UPDATE: Charles County Arson Suspect Apprehended

1. Robin on December 15, 2016 at 4:28 pm

DB. Wants to kill his ex and his own kids? String him up!

• Smitty on December 22, 2016 at 7:36 pm

The news articles have always said “her children,” not “their children.”

• Robin on December 28, 2016 at 2:46 pm

“while his family was inside the residence” Regardless of the fact if they are his biological children, no sane person is going to set fire to a house occupied by his wife and children.

2. Nick on December 15, 2016 at 7:12 pm

My cousin, her grandson and a 7 month old baby died in a fire caused by an arsonist, to get “even” with the mother of the baby.
    (This took place in my home town)

Any SOB that starts a fire know people are in that house, should rot in hell!

3. Anonymous on December 16, 2016 at 8:13 am

What a true piece of garbage. Wanting to kill or displace his wife is bad enough but his own kids? Too bad he didn’t mess up and catch himself on fire, I think his kids would be better off.

4. Big Dookie on December 16, 2016 at 10:24 am

Pyscho white boy who can’t take no for an answer- white privilege at its best SMH

• Riddick on December 16, 2016 at 12:59 pm

Yeah, the BLACK community accepts “no” so much better

• Anonymous on December 16, 2016 at 2:01 pm

White privilege? Please explain. I’ll wait.

• Anonymous on December 16, 2016 at 2:58 pm

I am starting to think you don’t know the meaning of “white privilege”. I wish I could have found some of that privilege early on in my life but I was too busy working 2 jobs and putting myself through college. I guess people like you think everyone is privileged while you sit on your @$$ and do nothing to better yourself then wonder why everyone else has nice things. I am here to tell you if you work hard, stay out of trouble, and put in the time anyone can have a so called privileged life. Everyone in the office where I work makes the same no matter race, gender, or any other defining characteristic and we all worked hard to get where we are.

• Willie on December 17, 2016 at 7:44 am

You are wasting your time. That idiot posts the same crap everytime a white person is arrested yet ignores all the black on black crime. Hypocrisy at it’s finest.

• Anonymous on December 17, 2016 at 10:30 am

I think he is referring to if while u were putting yourself threw college and all that..did u have to worry about the roof over ur head growing up..did u have to pay any bills while u were a teen..and put food on the table.

• Big Dookie on December 19, 2016 at 3:27 am

No I didn’t need to worry about that because I am from the mean streets of Waldorf

• Anonymous on December 19, 2016 at 4:22 pm

That explains a lot.

• Anonymous on December 19, 2016 at 8:24 am

Yes, I started working odd jobs at 12 (hay, tobacco, cutting grass, crawling under houses to lay moisture barrier, and anything else to make a dollar). I started kicking in for the bills at 14 due to my dad being laid off and having a hard time finding work in his field. He ended up working 2 jobs and was still making way less then he did before the layoff. If I didn’t work we would of had to give up electricity, phone, heating oil or possibly default on the house loan. At 18 I moved out but still helped with my parents bills as much as I could until my dad got a decent job when I was in my mid 20’s. I was in my mid 30’s before I finally was making a comfortable salary. That is also when I finished college because I could only take one class a semester if I was lucky, sometimes it was 1 class a year. All I knew is that if I worked hard and stayed out of trouble I would have a good life in the long run. Not every white person has this golden road and diamonds coming out of their @$$. White privilege is what lazy people say when they are failures but the truth is they really didn’t try that hard to succeed.

• cheywolf on December 19, 2016 at 8:41 am

Yes some of us did, but too many people assume we were all born with a silver spoon. I paid for my own college, rent and everything else. No grants or help from my parents. I worked my butt off to get to where I am now. I worked two jobs in college and probably the first ten years after I graduated. I have earned everything on my own with no one’s help. It’s ridiculous to think that all whites all privileged. That would be like saying all black are criminals, which they are not. So instead of judging someone by their color, judge them by their character. There would probably be less hatred in this world… imho

• Through on December 29, 2016 at 9:29 pm

I have a sneaking suspicion the you never put yourself “threw” college. LMAO

• Willie on December 19, 2016 at 12:12 pm

White privilege? I’ll give you white privilege. Like when I was told I wouldn’t be hired because of my race (I am white). I was told I didn’t meet the demographics they were looking for. SO instead of hiring the more qualified candidate, they hired a minority to comply with Affirmative Action laws. So get that white privilege crap out of my face. Loser.

5. Joy on December 16, 2016 at 10:28 am

Is this a picture from one of those scribble photo booths at the mall??

6. unreal on December 16, 2016 at 12:25 pm

I really hope he spends a very long time in jail. You have an argument you leave and go cool down, not set your wife and kids on fire. WTH is wrong with people

7. AliceW on December 16, 2016 at 2:23 pm

Anyone left in the county paying taxes to house the section 8 apartment people behind me?

• Marcus Welby, M.D. on December 19, 2016 at 2:20 pm

Nope. We all got the hell out of that now cesspool.

8. Anonymous on December 28, 2016 at 1:01 pm

Good, glad they got him. He did not deserve to spend New Years as a free man. I hope he never gets to experience freedom again for the rest of his miserable wasted life.

9. AliceW on December 28, 2016 at 1:33 pm

Who would have thought to look at his parents home.

10. Willie on December 28, 2016 at 4:23 pm

Good job. They’ll never think to look at your parent’s house. Dummy.

11. dummy on December 29, 2016 at 6:54 am

bwahahaha mom and pops house, ya big dummy !!!!!!!!!!!