Updated Monday, January 9, 2017 at 8:00 a.m.
St. Mary’s County:
St. Mary’s County Public Schools: St. Mary’s County Public Schools will be closed on Monday, January 9, 2017 with a Code 2 for employees.
St. Mary’s County Government:
- All St. Mary’s County Administrative Offices will open on time. Liberal leave for employees.
- All St. Mary’s County Public Schools will be closed for students. Code 2 for employees.
- All Recreation and Parks programs operating in the Public Schools are cancelled. The Gymnastics Center will remain closed and morning classes are cancelled. Evening programs will be re-evaluated by Monday afternoon. All Before and After Care programs are cancelled. All other Recreation & Parks facilities will open on time and operate on normal schedules.
- STS Transit is running on a normal schedule.
- The six (6) Convenience Centers and St, Andrews Landfill will be open.
- All three Senior Activity Centers (Garvey, Loffler and Northern)
- All St. Mary’s County Library locations (Charlotte Hall, Leonardtown & Lexington
- St. Mary’s County Circuit Courthouse will open for employees at 9 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. to the general public. Court sessions will begin at 10 a.m.
- St, Mary’s County District Court will operate on a one hour delay … offices will open at 9:30 a.m.
- All College of Southern Maryland campuses will open at 10 a.m.
Recreation and Parks: The Gymnastics Center will remain closed and morning classes are cancelled. Recreation and Parks will re-evaluate in the afternoon to make a decision about evening programs.
Please call 301-475-4200, ext. *1840 for updates.
All other Recreation & Parks facilities will open on time and operate on normal schedules.
Due to St. Mary’s County Public Schools being closed on Monday, January 9, all Before & After Care programs (SAC) are cancelled.
Aging and Human Services:
Due to the lingering effects of this weekend’s snowstorm, the St. Mary’s County Department of Aging and Human Services has cancelled all scheduled Home Delivered meals for Monday, January 9. Meals will be available and served at the three Senior Activity Centers (Charlotte Hall, Garvey and Loffler) and those centers will operate on a normal schedule today
Calvert County Public Schools: Calvert County Public Schools will be closed on Monday, January 9, 2017. When schools are closed, child care is closed. Code Green for 12-month employees.
Charles County Public Schools:
NAVAL AIR STATION PATUXENT RIVER: On Monday, Jan. 9, 2017, NAS Pax River is OPEN WITH UNSCHEDULED LEAVE. NAS Pax River is open with the option for unscheduled leave, telework, leave without pay. Critical personnel must report to work as scheduled. Check with your command for specific guidance.
SMECO Power Outage Map
Southern Maryland News Net LIVE Traffic Cameras
Southern Maryland News Net Scanner Page