Murder in Great Mills

February 19, 2013

murder 1587On February 19, 2013 at 3:30 A.M. police units responded to a residence on Douglas Court in Great Mills for the report of a suspicious person. Upon arrival police units encountered a man who was nude. The man advised he had been inside a residence visiting a woman when he was approached by a man he described as the homeowners ex-husband. A struggle ensued, the man stated he had been assaulted by the ex-husband who is thought to have entered the residence by breaking a window to the rear of the house. The man fled the residence to a house on Terrace Court for help. Police units checked the area of the residence on Douglas Court, where the struggle ensued and discovered a female lying in the rear yard of the residence deceased. BCI was notified and assumed the investigation.

murder 1589Detectives are currently on the scene conducting the investigation. Multiple interviews are being done at this time and a person of interest has been located at Kingfisher Court, in Great Mills and taken into custody however no formal charges have been filed at this time. The deceased will be transported to the State Medical Examiner’s Office in Baltimore where an autopsy will be performed to determine the cause and manner of death. The names of the victims are not being released at this time.

murder 1588 murder 1590

View Larger Map

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

12 Responses to Murder in Great Mills

1. Anonymous on February 19, 2013 at 11:53 am

Where is Douglas Court in Great Mills? I found a Skipjack Court in Bay Ridge but there is no Douglas Court or Terrace Court nearby.

• Anonymous on February 19, 2013 at 12:11 pm

If you use the convenience of the interative map below the story you will see where Douglas Court is located.

• Anonymous on February 19, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Thanks, I did not notice the map before.

• Anonymous on February 19, 2013 at 12:37 pm

it off of Chancerllors Run Road

• Anonymous on February 22, 2013 at 12:19 am

It is Taras Court it is the next street down. Sadly this happened on our street. We are a quiet neighborhood of professionals and families. This is so sad we did not know to look out for him as she never let any of us that live on the street to look out for him. We are always questioning people who wonder into our neighborhood and always keep an eye out for each other. So sad!!!

2. Lusbyscooter on February 19, 2013 at 12:09 pm

It’s the new houses across from Greeview Knolls Elm. On Chancellor’s Run Road.

• Anonymous on February 19, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Thanks.

3. Really? on February 20, 2013 at 8:11 pm

This is very tragic and I am sorry for the innocents whose lives have been forever changed but I can’t believe the guy left her to fend for herself. You can’t tell me that there wasn’t a phone around to call for help. Now a woman is dead and you have to wonder if he could have prevented it instead of running away.

4. roxy on February 21, 2013 at 5:49 am

If your in the middle of visiting a woman, your naked and vulnerable, it’s the witching hour, and some dude walks up on you, you would probably run too. Where would you keep your cellphone while naked and happy? You gotta put it down sometimes! That poor girl probably ran too, her ex caught her, and she died. Poor girl, she was just getting on with life.

• Anonymous on February 22, 2013 at 2:45 pm

The guy must of felt she was safe prior to taking off. That is all I can think of. Roxy you may be right – the ex must of gotten a hold of her. We will never know.

5. Brian on February 25, 2013 at 11:15 am

My God I grew up with Kim. I know her brother and family well. I’m so sorry for the loss and my heart is heavy. I wish that I could be there to give my condolences in person but I am not able to at this time. My prayers go out to the kids who lost both of their parents to this tragic set of events. Now they have to deal with the heavy heart for the rest of their lives. God bless you kids. I love you all Richards family, and you are in my prayers….. I am truly sorry….

6. Jack Joy on February 25, 2013 at 12:06 pm

I am so sorry to hear about Kim. My children grew up wth her and all attended the same church. Kim was a delightful young girl as I am sure she was as a young woman. I only hope that good ole ST’Marys County can get a conviction and not play around and be more professional than they were in the murder of my father and his murderes were let go and no one was ever convicted, I look at the 2nd degree murder charge and I shake my head. lesser charge so tey won have to work so hard.I just believe it should be more of a first degree, no doubt thisbumb was stalking her in some way. I pray that the St’Mary’s county law enforcementbys can stay out of a donut shop and do her rigt. My heart and prayers go out to her children parents and brother. I love you guys