Waldorf Woman Burned as Result of House Fire

September 30, 2014


Fire MarshallThe Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshall reports on September 24th at 12:33 p.m. Firefighters from the Waldorf Volunteer Fire Department responded to the 2300 block of Slys Place in Waldorf in reference to a house fire.

Investigation revealed a small fire occurred in the dining room floor due to embers from a candle igniting combustible materials. A 33 year old female suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns to her hand when attempting to extinguish the fire.

She was treated and released from Fort Washington Hospital.