Two Stabbings Reported in St. Mary’s County

September 30, 2014
GILLIS, FELIX 11.14.79

Felix Alexander Gillis, 34, of Great Mills

On September 29, 2014, Corporal O’Connor of the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office responded to a residence on Heather Street in Great Mills, for a reported stabbing.

Corporal O’Connor observed a wound on the victim’s arm consistent with having been cut with a sharp object; however the victim was initially uncooperative.

Further investigation revealed the victim and suspect, identified as Felix Alexander Gillis, 34, of Great Mills, were arguing when the victim threw a can of wood stain at Gillis.

Gillis allegedly then attacked the victim, cutting the victim on the arm with a knife.

Gillis was placed under arrest and transported to the St. Mary’s County Detention Center.

Gillis  was charged with 1st and 2nd Degree Assault, and appeared before District Court Commissioner Joseph Clarkson, bail was set at $10,000.00.

____

Frankie Lee Russell, 18, of California

Frankie Lee Russell, 18, of California

On September 30, 2014, Deputy Lawrence of the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office responded to Bridgette Lane in Lexington Park, for a reported assault.

The investigation revealed suspect Frankie Lee Russell, 18, of California, started a fight with two victims.

Russell produced a knife during the fight and cut one of the victim’s on the hand. He swung the knife at the second victim, cutting him on the chest.

Russell was placed under arrest and charged with 2 counts of 1st Degree Assault and 2 counts of 2nd Degree Assault.

Russell went before District Court Commissioner Joseph Clarkson and bail was set at $10,000. Russell was released after posting the established bond pending further action by judicial authorities.

30 Responses to Two Stabbings Reported in St. Mary’s County

1. Anonymous on September 30, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Frankie has always been a messed up kid. It doesn’t surprise me that this is what has come of him. I hope he can straighten out after this, but I can’t say that I see that happening.

• Anonymous on September 30, 2014 at 8:40 pm

That’s my best friend a great kid your wrong

• Jack Wagon on October 1, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Sounds like a great kid. All the great people stab/cut people with knives. He’s a lowlife that nees to sit in a prison cell until he can play nice.

• Anonymous on October 1, 2014 at 6:35 pm

He was stabbed before and was not going to be stabbed again I would’ve done the same

• Anonymous on October 2, 2014 at 8:32 am

He has been in and out of juvie most of his life, that is not a great kid. He hasn’t had the best upbringing either, BUT, he is an adult now, and he is responsible for his own actions. I pray that he wises up and turns his life around.

No need to try to convince me that he is a “good kid” because I already know the truth.

2. Anonymous. on September 30, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Whole time this story is wrong he had come to fight one boy and they tried to jumped him , if the boy didn’t have a knife trying to stab him while the other brother coming at him from the other side trying to fight him so yeah if I had two boys coming at me at once while four other ones standing in the back waiting for Frankie to fall so yeah I would pull a knife out too . He ain’t stab nobody whole time so the correct story needs to be told .

• ICALLBULL on September 30, 2014 at 3:34 pm

Please learn to talk or just stop doing it. My head hurts now

• fred50 on September 30, 2014 at 7:10 pm

good one keep the faith!

• YouCanBull on September 30, 2014 at 7:29 pm

If you don’t like what I said don’t read or comment on nothing you wasn’t there so you don’t know #### that happened stay in your place .

• Anonymous on October 1, 2014 at 7:26 am

uhm….what?

• Jack Wagon on October 1, 2014 at 12:14 pm

This is a public forumn. We can say whatever we want about this piece of trash, and there is nothing you or Stabby Cutter can do about it.

• Anonymous on October 1, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Stabby McStabins

• Anonymous on October 2, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Stabarella O’Cutter

3. Anonymous on September 30, 2014 at 2:30 pm

them deans always try to jump lil kids. and they call cops when they get hurt lls GO FRANKIE!!!

4. Anonymous on September 30, 2014 at 2:31 pm

HAHAHAHAHA!!! He deserved this

5. Anonymous on September 30, 2014 at 2:56 pm

yup I knew it. Frankie was defending him self. why didn’t they get charged also?

6. Hope on September 30, 2014 at 3:03 pm

If you’re going to bash someone at least have the guts to do put yor name on it on be anonymous I grew up with Frankie went to elementary school and middle with him. He was always sweet. Yes he had his moments but who doesnt. Learn the full story before you jump to conclusions and reports like this tend to not tell the full story. He has the right to defend himself especially if its against more than one person.

• Anonymous on October 1, 2014 at 7:27 am

STFU

• Jack Wagon on October 1, 2014 at 12:15 pm

I have had my moments too. But I’ve never been so much of a wuss that I needed to pull out a knife.

7. none business on September 30, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Everybody runs there mouth. Regardless of who it is n how others feel nobody knows shit except those who were there. Nobody deserves to get jumped nor stabbed.jus saying. These police out here harass people and sit with no lights no parking lights n still can pull u over. Charles county n st Mary cops are worried about small ####. Go worry about big ####. Or people over dosing on dope. Stop harassing innocent people BC others are retarded.

• Jack Wagon on October 1, 2014 at 12:17 pm

The police didnt make this piece of crap stab someone! Quit blaming them. “Oh man, police with no lights on makes me so mad, I gotta stab someone, becaue I’m a bitch!” Don’t want to have run ins with the cops, DON’T BREAK THE LAW, JACKASS! Its pretty simple!

• Anonymous on October 1, 2014 at 12:44 pm

@ none business…ahem…STFU!

8. Anonymous on September 30, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Not guilty. He was ganged up on alone by numerous guys and was defending himself. However, when five guys say he attacked him the police have no choice but to believe what five guys say versus one.

9. Anonymous on September 30, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Lee Is a great person I personally know him from the island

10. ezg1 on October 1, 2014 at 12:06 am

Young Frankie better hope he is tough enough to defend his manhood without a weapon! The boys @DC are going to like this pretty boy!

11. Anonymous on October 1, 2014 at 6:54 am

Trust me he is ain’t no push over that’s my bro he is fine no matter what

• ezg1 on October 1, 2014 at 12:04 pm

Your “bro” may come out your sister or perhaps your girlfriend!

• Anonymous on October 1, 2014 at 4:52 pm

bwahaha…yup, goona be a changed woman when o’l Leroy backs that purdy thang up. Turds goona tumble out, end over end.

• Anonymous on October 1, 2014 at 6:36 pm

He’s not going anywhere for defending himself jerk

12. Sg on October 1, 2014 at 9:51 pm

Drop all charges self defense