Accident Involving a Garbage Truck in Lexington Park

October 29, 2014

news 687On Tuesday, October 28, 2014 at approximately 11:35 a.m. police and rescue crews responded to a report of an accident with injuries at the intersection of Alydar Drive and Seabiscuit Lane in Lexington Park.

Crews arrived on scene to discover a t-bone style collision involving a Hyundai Sonata and a garbage truck.

Three patients signed treatment refusals at the scene.

Investigation revealed that the Hyundai Sonata was traveling on Seabiscuit Lane when the female driver failed to stop at a stop sign. The Sonata entered into the intersection after failing to yield to the right of way for the garbage truck traveling on Alydar Drive. The garbage truck was struck in the rear set of wheels, causing damage to one of the rims and a tire.

news 688news 689news 687

11 Responses to Accident Involving a Garbage Truck in Lexington Park

1. Eric on October 29, 2014 at 6:47 am

how can u miss that big truck? texting and driving?

2. Anonymous on October 29, 2014 at 7:20 am

Really…you didn’t see the big blue and orange truck passing as you approached the intersection?!

3. Anonymous on October 29, 2014 at 7:57 am

Bet she had her phone in her hand at the time.

• dissident on October 29, 2014 at 8:53 am

I think she shouldn’t drive at all for rest of her life. Thank god it wasn’t a child.

4. JusticeIsn'tServed__--""""''..b.6.1/\ on October 29, 2014 at 10:55 am

You were saying what about the drivers again??? “Failed to stop at the stop sign” and “failing to yield the right of way” is only one example of the recklessness. I can assure you that a “jaywalking pedestrian” wasn’t at fault for this one.

• dissident on October 29, 2014 at 1:12 pm

It was so funny when I read your comment. I agree with you. Don’t you see we have many speed camera around schools in Charles Country which I completely disagree with. However, in this housing community and I am sure there are children roaming around there. I am very surprised that lady didn’t killed a child in that area. Maybe we should install speed camera and red light camera on all HOA communties to save a child’s life? Yeah I am using left’s propaganda style on this tim, just as they used on guns.

• Richard Head on October 30, 2014 at 8:24 am

I agree with dissident, I DEMAND cameras in every home and every room from every angle!…Right next to the MANDATORY fire sprinklers. If it will save just one precious snowflake!…DEMAND CHANGE! hope&change hope&change hope&change hope&change……..Good by America, we (some of us) tried.

• Anonymous on October 29, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Well, they definately weren’t parked in the crosswalk…

• JusticeIsn'tServed on October 29, 2014 at 3:35 pm

Could have been before the vehicular collision..I certainly wouldn’t doubt it.

• Anonymous on October 30, 2014 at 8:01 am

No, the article states the driver failed to stop at the stop sign. How could they be parked if they are moving? You can stop commenting now.

• KMA on October 30, 2014 at 8:25 am

the driver sounds like a real bimbo.