Fire on Christmas Day at Lowes Ruled Accidental

December 27, 2014

lowes fire679On Thursday, December 25, 2014, at approximately 12:45 p.m., firefighters from Bay District VFD, Hollywood VFD and the Naval District Patuxent River Fire Department were alerted to report of a commercial fire at 45075 Worth Avenue, in California

Crews arrived on scene at Lowes Home Improvement to discover an audible fire alarm and heavy smoke inside the building.

The firefighter’s made entry to the building and discovered the damage.

The accidental fire began in a trash container located in an aisle of the store. The fire extended to nearby foam sheets and plywood which resulted in the activation of the sprinkler system which quickly extinguished the fire.

There was no structural damage to the building and the damage was limited to approximately $10,000 worth of merchandise.

No injuries were reported.

Maryland State Fire Marshall’s were called to the scene and continue to investigate.


lowes fire684 lowes fire678 lowes fire679

lowes fire680 lowes fire681 lowes fire682 lowes fire683

5 Responses to Fire on Christmas Day at Lowes Ruled Accidental

  1. dissident on December 27, 2014 at 4:55 pm

    LOL Crazy!!

  2. fred50 on December 27, 2014 at 7:14 pm

    How does an accidental fire occur in a trash container if smoking is not allowed in the building?

    • Anonymous on December 28, 2014 at 2:41 pm

      Chemicals and spontaneous combustion.

      • Anonymous on December 29, 2014 at 10:23 am

        Thank God some people have common sense.

    • SMH on January 6, 2015 at 12:46 pm

      Did you see the word “smoking” used in the article!?