House Fire in Waldorf Ruled Accidental by State Fire Marshal

May 14, 2015

024_6170On Wednesday, May 13, 2015, at approximately 3:35 p.m., firefighters from Waldorf, Brandywine, Accokeek, Hughesville, Bryans Road, LaPlata and Baden VFDs were alerted to report of a house fire, at 4301 Sandwich Court, in Waldorf.

Crews arrived on scene to discover a one story single family dwelling on fire with heavy fire showing.

It took approximately 20 minutes for over 45 firefighters to bring the blaze under control.

A family member who was home at the time was able to get his dog out safely and called 911 from a neighbor’s house.

There were no injuries reported.

Maryland State Fire Marshals were called to the scene and determined the fire to have been accidental.

The fire started due to an electrical malfunction at the electrical panel inside the garage.

The occupants of the home were displaced as a result of the fire and are being assisted by American Red Cross.

The total damages to the structure and contents was estimated at $150,000.


024_6286024_6280 024_6261 024_6257 024_6248

024_6237 024_6215 024_6197 024_6183 024_6177 024_6170 024_6168024_6293 024_6298