UPDATE – Alan Michael Rangel Found Guilty of Murder in Cody Lacey Case

January 28, 2016
Murder suspect Alan Michael Rangel was located in Jessup, Maryland, and taken into custody without incident by officers with the United States Marshals Service Task Force Fugitive Unit

UPDATE 1/28/2016: A St. Mary’s County Circuit Court jury found Alan Michael Rangel guilty of the second-degree murder charge of Cody Lacey.

The jury found Rangel not guilty of first-degree murder.

UPDATE 7/28/15 @ 10:45 a.m.: Charging Documents Added for Alan Michael Rangel

CLICK HERE TO READ THE CHARGING DOCUMENTS FOR ALAN RANGEL.

On July 27, 2015, Murder suspect Alan Michael Rangel was located in Jessup, Maryland, and taken into custody without incident by officers with the United States Marshals Service Task Force Fugitive Unit.

Amanda Raye Hartmann age 24, who was with Rangel at the time of his arrest, was also arrested and charged with Accessory After the Fact – First Degree Murder.

Rangel and Hartmann were transported to the St. Mary’s County Detention Center and incarcerated.

Alan Michael Rangel, 21 of no fixed address, was wanted for the July 25th shooting on Lavender Lane in Mechanicsville, which resulted in the death of Cody Lacey.

Rangel was charged with First Degree Murder, Second Degree Murder, First Degree Assault, Reckless Endangerment, and Use of a Firearm in the Commission of a Felony/Crime of Violence.

AMANDA RAYE HARTMANN+

Amanda Raye Hartmann, 24, charged with Accessory After the Fact – First Degree Murder.

68 Responses to UPDATE – Alan Michael Rangel Found Guilty of Murder in Cody Lacey Case

1. Richard on July 28, 2015 at 12:16 am

Great job law enforcement! Glad his A** is off the streets!!!

• Basic Arithmetic on July 28, 2015 at 10:23 am

And hers too! She’s a thug just like him.

• Dora on January 29, 2016 at 12:39 pm

agree!!! lock her up too

2. someone on July 28, 2015 at 6:28 am

Why would you go to jessup dummy

• Dirt on July 28, 2015 at 9:51 am

He wanted to get a preview of the prison

• Anonymous on July 28, 2015 at 11:38 am

Now that’s funny…

• Anonymous on July 28, 2015 at 10:13 am

lmao, glad I’m not the only one to think that….

• Basic Arithmetic on July 28, 2015 at 10:24 am

To get a better look at his future home.

3. ANONYMOUS4000 on July 28, 2015 at 6:41 am

His mama say he good boyz

4. Anonymous on July 28, 2015 at 7:40 am

Dis gunna be good.

5. Anonymous on July 28, 2015 at 8:29 am

I hope she gets plenty of jail time also. Stupid woman, she knew what she was doing. They better not let her off easy.

• anonymous on July 30, 2015 at 5:43 pm

Yes sir/mam…better not!!

• Dora on January 29, 2016 at 12:41 pm

but i bet she will. cute little white girl. yeah she will get off easy

6. Localboy on July 28, 2015 at 8:33 am

They should have left with the Marshals instead of bringing him back here for a slap on the knuckles!

7. Sea of Joy on July 28, 2015 at 8:56 am

Thank goodness they got him. He didn’t go too far…kill someone in front of a bunch of people that can identify you and flee to Jessup? Shows how smart he is. He probably didn’t care since he has done this before and walked free…I’m sure he thinks the judicial system is a joke, so why run?

8. Anonymous on July 28, 2015 at 9:03 am

His life was already headed towards prison. She’s an idiot. What is wrong with women these days?

• Christina on July 28, 2015 at 9:48 am

We like bad boys. No woman likes a nice guy.

• Keith on July 28, 2015 at 11:16 am

Women are dumb…bad boys get you nowhere

• Tc on July 28, 2015 at 11:37 am

Bad boy he is a murderer not a bad boy he is evil like the devil

• Sea of Joy on July 28, 2015 at 11:49 am

Speak for yourself. Not all women.

• DumbandDumber on July 28, 2015 at 2:57 pm

Except educated women with college degrees and goals.

• Christina on July 28, 2015 at 6:38 pm

So far it’s been all men disagreeing with me. My point stands guys. Sorry t hurt your feelings, but it’s true, no matter how much your woman lies to you and tells you it’s not. ;)

• Linda on July 29, 2015 at 1:42 am

Lol everyone in this thread disagreed with you and 3 are women including myself..how does your point still stand exactly and how are they “all men”?? LOL FAIL

• Anonymous on July 29, 2015 at 8:06 am

How do you know that its only men disagreeing? I see only one name that indicates the person is a man.

• Christina on July 29, 2015 at 9:53 am

OK Linda, so every man you’ve ever dated has been straight laced? You can lie to yourself, just don’t lie to us. And so a handful of women disagree, and that speaks for all women? So much disillusion in one place.

• Anonymous on July 29, 2015 at 11:27 am

Cristina, just because you have a personal opinion and taste in men, doesn’t mean that EVERY woman thinks like you. I am sorry, but I do have my own brain and can think for myself. In the past, yes, I may have been with a guy who was a sort of “bad boy”. I can honestly say that I was never into guys who had wrap sheets though. I dated a guy once who I didn’t know what into drugs, as soon as I found out, I broke it off, because, guess what, I didn’t like it. You may be into guys who are in and out of jail, but I myself, am far from attracted to that. I’ll stick with my good guy who I love and know is reliable and trustworthy.

• Christina on July 29, 2015 at 1:56 pm

I never said I liked guys that were in and out of jail. You admitted you’ve dated bad boys in the past, which proves my point, Thanks for playing. You might be with a good guy now, but deep down your not truly happy. You can admit it.

• Anonymous on August 2, 2015 at 1:39 am

Yes Christina , a good majority of GIRLS like bad boys. When they are young and careless . Then they see where it gets them which is no where good and they become attracted to real men . The hard working , trustworthy , loving kind . Now THAT is attractive to me . I’ve had my share of bad apples but I grew up. The difference between these women here and you is that they are WOMEN. You are a delusional little girl who needs to grow up . I’m sorry you feel ‘bad boys’ who don’t care about you or themselves are what ALL women want but that is so far from the truth . I think you keep this entire thing going for your own amusement because you pity your own life and want to try to justify it . You’ll wake up one day. In the meantime , how about you stop making stupid comments on an article like this.
        ? People lost someone very near and dear to them and this article brought a lot of justice to the community . Take your Jerry Springer sh*t elsewhere.

• Christina on August 2, 2015 at 7:46 pm

LOL You really think I still go for that type? I’m older and more experienced than you are!

9. Anonymous on July 28, 2015 at 9:44 am

This guy is nothing but a punk @$$ little pussycat. I had to add the cat or it would be deleted. Young boys today think pulling a trigger makes them men but anybody, even a 5 year old girl, can pull a trigger. It takes a real man to take an @$$ whooping and live to fight another day. The father on the movie “Friday” has it right, kids these days are sissified.

• Anonymous on July 28, 2015 at 11:35 am

OK old man, you can stop reminiscing about yesterday and get back to your crossword puzzle now.

10. Anonymous on July 28, 2015 at 10:01 am

When is it enough when one violent act extenuates to an atrocity. The judicial system doesn’t have any problem with throwing the book at traffic offenders or even child support offenders but those who commit the most heinous of offenses seem to always get a second chance to advance their dastardly deeds. Smh

11. kingkong on July 28, 2015 at 10:29 am

Wow it’s a white girly involved too

• Anonymous on July 28, 2015 at 11:36 am

And here we go……

• Anonymous on July 28, 2015 at 4:31 pm

No one has much to say about her being involved.

12. 10oz boys on July 28, 2015 at 11:27 am

Glad to see this piece of sh*t put away. Cody was a great person & didnt deserve this,always the good die young.

13. Anonymous on July 28, 2015 at 12:32 pm

So I’m confused she wasn’t involved in the crime was she ?

• Anonymous on July 29, 2015 at 7:52 am

Let’s see: Accessory After the Fact – First Degree Murder. Yeah I’d say she was involved in some way. Don’t worry, I won’t charge you this time. next time it’ll cost you though.

• anonymous on July 29, 2015 at 3:02 pm

She was with him two days later when he was arrested. She was not with him when he committed the crime.

• Anonymous on July 30, 2015 at 8:15 am

Hence why it says “After the Fact”. Man you people are slow.

• anonymous on July 30, 2015 at 4:59 pm

She was with him the wgole time!! ,I was there dumba##

• Anonymous on July 31, 2015 at 8:18 am

Just because she was with him the whole time doesn’t mean she conspired in the crime the whole time dumba##. Man you people don’t know the law from a hole in the ground.

• Anon on July 31, 2015 at 7:21 pm

Will you testify to that?

• Citizen on January 29, 2016 at 11:33 am

She was with him during and after the crime, she was aware of the crime he committed so therefore it makes her an accessory after the fact. That’s the law. Charge her and maybe she will testify against him, if so they will drop her charges.

14. Anonymous on July 28, 2015 at 12:49 pm

Too bad the didn’t put up a fight the Marshalls could have done us a favor

15. Anonymous on July 28, 2015 at 3:20 pm

I wish people would just stop with the stupid racial profiling who the hell cares what the race of the individuals are. They still committed the crime regardless, like a previous poster posted he was shot in front of a group of people, duh do you not think SOMEONE is not going to rat them out. People living in a dream world. What the hell is wrong with society these days.
    Looking at the case search files doesn’t appear the apple falls far from the tree with some of them; crime runs in their families.

• anonymous on July 29, 2015 at 3:03 pm

Not in her family.

• Anonymous on July 30, 2015 at 4:27 pm

How do you know?

16. J on July 28, 2015 at 3:46 pm

He will get off just like that guy that killed his kid on base.

• Me on July 29, 2015 at 3:40 am

WTH does this have to do with this incident?

• Christina on July 29, 2015 at 9:55 am

Absolutely nothing. It’s just something to get worked up about. People aren’t happy these says unless they’re “offended” about something.

17. enough on July 29, 2015 at 10:58 am

Another productive member of society gunned down by a tax leach. Where’s Rev. Al? This one of your sons Obama?

• James on July 30, 2015 at 10:35 am

Yes finally someone has the kahonas enough to say it

• Christina on July 30, 2015 at 2:59 pm

I’ve got more giblets than most men here. Pathetic.

• Loophole on July 31, 2015 at 3:39 pm

Lmao….your a funny girl Christina. The only thing you have more of is time, because it appears that every story that involves a crime, you come along and put your .02 in. (while I understand you have everyright to voice your opinion and make comments, it obvious you have ALOT of time on your hands young lady!

• Anonymous on August 1, 2015 at 4:57 pm

So you acknowledge that she has every right to comment, but complain about it at the same time? You’re either for or against free speech, no in between. Oh wait a second, you don’t get to decide what or how often sometimes posts something here.

18. Anonymous on July 31, 2015 at 1:39 am

nope Christina you just sound dumb I am gonna take a guess and say you are a welfare queen?

• Anonymous on August 1, 2015 at 4:58 pm

Not that I’m defending her, but what exactly has she said that makes her a welfare queen? She’s dumb (her and the “original” too), but a welfare queen? Nah.

• Anonymous on August 2, 2015 at 1:43 am

Hahaha I agree ! She needs to get a a life . And a JOB!

• Christina on August 3, 2015 at 9:20 am

I’m not a welfare queen, but nice try. Also, I have a great job, as well as a great life. Thanks for expending so much useless energy fretting about me and my life though!

19. FREDDY CRUGER on January 29, 2016 at 7:52 am

#justiceforcody

20. big dookie on January 29, 2016 at 10:11 am

so was she also convicted?

• Beamer on February 3, 2016 at 3:53 pm

No. She was given immunity for her testimony against Rangel!

21. Anonymous on January 30, 2016 at 4:40 pm

Donald Trump, come and bail your daughter out of jail. She turned Michael into a bad guy and now everyone is picking on him.

22. The Dude... on February 1, 2016 at 1:36 pm

Don’t worry kid. You’ll be out in just a few years.

• big momma on February 4, 2016 at 2:27 pm

you mean a few as in 30 years? because that’s what the fool got. I hope he gets “bib bob” branded on him by a coat hanger from his jail lover. POS sissy. guns are for the weak.

• Anonymous on February 4, 2016 at 8:56 pm

Free alan

• Anonymous on February 5, 2016 at 8:08 am

Don’t think that will happen.