Assisting in the effort were members of patrol, the K-9 division, alcohol enforcement coordinator, Leonardtown COPs officer, and Maryland State Police.
Deputies responded to calls in several locations throughout the evening regarding large disorderly crowds loitering, fighting, CDS, and alcohol citations.
These areas included a private party at the Hollywood Volunteer Fire Department (HVFD), The Lexington Lounge, Pegg Road Shell Station, and IHOP.
As a result of the joint effort, several violations and arrests were issued:
- Two marijuana civil citations were issued by Deputy First Class A. Beishline on February 5. One was at the HVFD and the other at the Lexington Lounge.
- Four alcohol citations were issued by Corporal W. Ray, Deputy First Class V. Pontorno, and Deputy First Class A. Beishline. Three were at the HVFD, and one was outside the Lexington Lounge.
- Dontevious Trevon Dorsey, age 22, of Lexington Park, who was charged with assault on officer, disorderly conduct, and resisting arrest at the IHOP, by Deputy First Class A. Beishline
- Kentwuan Lionel Wills, age 18, of Great Mills, who was charged with trespassing and disorderly conduct, at the IHOP by Sergeant Safford.
- Michael Andrew Dorsey, Jr., age 25, of Lexington Park, who was charged with trespassing and disorderly conduct at the IHOP, by Deputy First Class V. Pontorno.
- Michelle Angela Dorsey, age 26, of Lexington Park, who was charged with trespassing and disorderly conduct at the IHOP, by Corporal J. Stone
- James Nathaniel Watkins, age 32, of, Lexington Park, who was arrested for multiple outstanding warrants, at the HVFD by Deputy J. Bittner.
SMNEWSNET contacted Lieutenant Michael H. Gardiner, who is the Supervisor for the Office of Professional Responsibilities for the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office and asked for dash camera videos from the night’s events, and were provided with the following response.
It takes approximately 1 hour per downloadable file and burning the data to a DVD. The first two hours of obtaining the data are at no charge. Therefore it is estimated the cost of completing your request will be approximately $598.00 (based upon a rate of $46.00 per hour) which will be due at the time the requested information is delivered. The costs indicated are just an approximation. The costs may be lower or higher depending on the time it takes to collect, download and burn to DVD.
The following dash camera videos shot at the Lexington Lounge and IHOP were not recorded from police vehicles.