UPDATE: Name Released in Fatal Motorcycle Accident in White Plains

February 29, 2016

fatal crashUPDATE: On Feb. 28 at 5:29 p.m., officers responded to the 8900 block of Turkey Hill Road in White Plains for the report of a motor vehicle crash.

A preliminary investigation showed the driver of a motorcycle was traveling south on Turkey Hill Road when he crossed the centerline and struck a Ford Expedition which was traveling north.

The driver of the motorcycle, Eric Donnell, 42, of Bel Alton, was transported to the Charles Regional Medical Center (CRMC) where he died upon arrival.

The driver of the Expedition was transported to CRMC with non life-threatening injuries.

PFC. C. Collins of the Traffic Operations Unit is investigating.

2/28/16: On Sunday, February 28, 2016, approximately 5:50 p.m., police, fire and rescue crews responded to a report of a serious motor vehicle accident involving a motorcycle on Turkey Hill Road in White Plains.

Crews arrived on scene to discover a motor vehicle accident involving a Sports Utility Vehicle and a motorcycle.

CPR was immediately initiated, however the operator of the motorcycle was subsequently pronounced dead.

The cause of the crash remains under investigation by the Charles County Sheriff’s Office.

35 Responses to UPDATE: Name Released in Fatal Motorcycle Accident in White Plains

1. Kim Brown on February 28, 2016 at 10:25 pm

I was at this scene. All I remember was hearing his name was Eric. I prayed for this man and everyone involved. The lady has to be devestated by all this and the children were so upset that they were also in the SUV. I will pray for these families involved

• KATHY on February 29, 2016 at 6:59 pm

THAT WAS MY BROTHER IN LAW THAT WAS KILLED-THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS WE REALLY APPRECIATE IT

• Anonymous on February 29, 2016 at 8:52 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss. You and your family have my condolences. I witnessed the accident and called the police as soon as it happened. My husband and I stayed on the scene until the ambulance took him. I hope you and your family can find comfort in the memories you have of him.

• Chanea on February 29, 2016 at 8:54 pm

2. Anonymous on February 29, 2016 at 12:23 pm

My prayer is that he did not suffer. Prayers to all involved.

• Ted on February 29, 2016 at 4:34 pm

Very sad to see the biker died I got there just after it happened and tryed to do what I could to help I ride myself hate to see this happen may he rip and may the fellow riders and his friends and family stay in are prayers I had hope he might make it after EMS revived him was sad to hear he passed RIP sr.

3. Anonymous on February 29, 2016 at 2:01 pm

According to court records he had 2 DWI’s. I wonder if alcohol was involved and his luck just ran out. The only reason I bring this up is maybe someone will see this and make the right decision that driving impaired just isn’t worth it. Especially with a motorcycle, that is just suicidal. My condolences to the family, 42 is way too young to die.

• Really on February 29, 2016 at 8:08 pm

How would you feel if this was your son, or husband, or brother or anyone in your family, and someone was making assumptions at such a tragic time, & you went on here and saw a comment like yours? His past has nothing to do with it. Regardless if alcohol was involved or not, this man lost his life. Don’t be so quick to judge. Please keep in mind that this is a tragic loss, that was very unexpected for the family. You wouldn’t like it if it was your family, and someone was making assumptions about alcohol being involved during that persons death. I’m not trying to be rude, I’m just saying. The family
      Is going through enough, I’m sure. They don’t need to come here and see a comment like that….

• Anonymous on February 29, 2016 at 8:51 pm

That’s what you do when you see something like this?!?! Go looking through court records?! He is a great man, father, grandfather and friend who oh by the way defended your judgemental butt in the service. So yeah… You are awesome.

• Anonymous on March 1, 2016 at 2:48 pm

Just a plain out ignorant comment. My Prayers are with the family.

4. Maggie on February 29, 2016 at 3:37 pm

Sorry for the loss in the Donnell family….Sal, Sam, Doug, Lyle, Scott…I only met Eric twice but hearing Sal speak of him often I knew he was a great man.

5. Crystal & Ian on February 29, 2016 at 6:11 pm

We love you Eric!! Ian, Chase and I are going to miss you so much. We are so blessed to have worked with you and have you as our friend. Our prayers go out to Heather and your families.

6. Anonymous on February 29, 2016 at 8:19 pm

There’s always some idiot who wants to dig into someone’s past. Ass hat.

7. Peewee Jr on February 29, 2016 at 9:34 pm

It was an honor to work with you Eric. You were a hardworker and you were determined , no job was too big for you. You will be truly missed. My condolences goes out to Heather, and your family because I know you will be watching over all of us from heaven.

8. Myra Hardesty on February 29, 2016 at 11:22 pm

I don’t care what his record was. He was a hell of a man. Many people loved him. Hey Mr/Ms Anonymous- my name is Myra Hardesty. Why don’t you shove your record searching fingers up your axx. Post your name. Always one in a crowd.

9. Anonymous on March 1, 2016 at 8:15 am

You drink, you drive, you lose. Another drunk off the roads.

• Rick Heilman on March 1, 2016 at 9:58 am

I suppose to you are just responding to the other idiots post. Please get a life and do you preaching somewhere else.

• Keepin It Real on March 1, 2016 at 10:27 am

He was drunk? I missed that part of the article. Oh wait, it doesn’t say that.

• Myra Hardesty on March 1, 2016 at 7:33 pm

Always an axx in the crowd. I hope Kharma finds its way to you. I didn’t see your name was GOD. Take your judgemental axx and shove your words up your axx. You run your mouth, you lose.

10. Sherri Southern on March 1, 2016 at 9:52 am

WTF is wrong with you people????? You know absolutely nothing about this man and the kind loving soul he was……. you come one here with your judgments and cruel comments at a time when so many people in this community are hurting over the loss of his precious life…… Eric was one of my best friends, and Heather still is one of my very best friends and show so damn respect…… he deserves better than this, and BTW….. I was with him before he went out to ride and he was not drinking, he was very responsible and that should be the least of your concerns on here….. everyone has a past, I’m sure if you were brave enough to show your name we could put you in case search and see just exactly what you’re all about!!! My name is Sherri Southern and to the comment above “Another drunk off the roads” there is a special place in hell for people like you! and then there is KARMA….

• Keepin It Real on March 1, 2016 at 4:18 pm

I don’t disagree with that you’ve said, but threatening people with “hell” or “karma” doesn’t make you any more morally superior than the very people you’re talking about.

• Thomas Moreland on March 2, 2016 at 11:13 am

Sherri, Don’t waist your breath on this clown he is not worth it. People like him will slip up I will be waiting and I will be his Karma. I am your huckleberry boy.

• Keepin It Real on March 2, 2016 at 3:58 pm

You just “waisted” your breath. LOL

11. Rick Heilman on March 1, 2016 at 9:53 am

1st of all to the 2 people that posted here about Eric and drinking. You have your right to your opinion but this is not the forum and very insensitive to the people that read and post to this article. Obviously, you did not know Eric or your tone might be different. I only knew him a few years, but Eric made my job and life a better place to be. The only family member I met was Heather but heard plenty of stories about others(both good & bad…lol) from Eric. Eric was foremost a family man and he and I loved to talk aboutour grandbabies. My thoughts and prayers go out to his work family and also his immediate family. Eric my friend, you will be missed

12. T on March 1, 2016 at 10:24 am

Eric was a really great guy and coworker. He was smart and a dedicated employee. It is such a shame that nasty individuals feel they must spew their negativity here, while his family and friends are grieving. What comes around goes around. Your thoughts of self perfection are limited. Be a jerk somewhere else. Eric will be loved and missed for years to come!

13. Tommy Jennings on March 1, 2016 at 11:22 am

If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say a Fu**ing word at all. Eric you were a great boss, friend and person. You will always remembered and never forgotten.

Premium For Life!!!

14. Tommy Jennings on March 1, 2016 at 11:25 am

If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say a Fu**ing word. Eric you were a great boss, friend and person. You will always be remembered and never forgotten.

Premium For Life…….. RIP

15. Anonymous by choice on March 1, 2016 at 12:07 pm

To all of you jumping over the two that posted about alcohol, you have your right to your opinion but so do they. This is not a obituary and these two were not posting a eulogy. This is a public forum and they posted their opinions. All the one guy said was learn from this and he made a good point. Sure he didn’t have to bring up his past but a persons life is filled with good and bad and both parts are what make that person who they are. If you don’t want to read peoples opinions then stick to reading the obituaries where everyone just has nice things to say. Most of you are making an issue where there is none. The 2 that posted obviously didn’t know the deceased so what do you care what there opinions are. You are all judging them off of one post at the same time asking people not to judge the deceased off of a couple of bad choices he made. Now, let the public shaming of my comment start in 3….2…..1….

16. Angela on March 1, 2016 at 4:49 pm

To “Anonymous” aka heartless SOB: I am Eric’s ex wife and have nothing negative to say about this man. If you don’t know him and have nothing positive to say, keep to yourself and to your limited knowledge of what transpired. Let’s not forget he was an Officer who served over 20 years in the US Air Force and he was an amazing soldier….served and protected your pathetic freedom of speech. He was an amazing husband and father…..him and I didn’t work out due to our lives at the time but don’t take away the love and loyalty he had from day one for Heather and his family for eternity….I’m sickened by Ass hole “anonymous”…..but I will happily meet you anytime, anyplace. Tread lightly “anonymous”…kharma is a motha.

• Anonymous on March 8, 2016 at 8:47 am

Oooh, I am worried.

17. Jo buck on March 2, 2016 at 7:20 am

Went crabbing with aric a few times. very nice guy.the kinda guy you really enjoy spending a day with.he love crabbing.he will surely be missed.thoughts and prayers for his family.

18. Sebastian Rodriguez Villamil on March 2, 2016 at 2:01 pm

Eric my friend, saying you will be missed is an understatement!! Knew you for little over a year, since I started working at Premium, and it was an honor to do so. I can honestly say I found in you an inspiring coworker, an honest man, a friend, a Family man. Always displaying a positive attitude, I never saw you get mad at anyone or anything, you always had that smile and positive attitude that made you were. Eric my friend, thank you for your service, thank you for having done what you did and how you did it. You will always be in my heart my friend.
    My condolences to Heather and the rest of your Family, we will be praying for you all.

Sebastian and Catherine Rodriguez Villamil

19. Dave Amadei on March 2, 2016 at 2:49 pm

Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Information are both important rights but nether should be abused. I was involved in a motorcycle accident almost 7 years ago. Some one posted online the I was probably drunk or on drugs. My accident was caused by a truck pulling out in front of me at an intersection at 6:30 in the morning as I was on my way to work. I only had the pleasure of meeting Eric once, he was my wife’s cousin.

20. Beth Thompson on March 2, 2016 at 3:03 pm

What a sad sad world we now live in. A young man loved by many has lost his life and people want to throw stones at him like God on the cross as they sit in their glass houses. Regardless of what the cause of the accident was, a young man loved by many has left his loved ones. I pray the family reads past the negative comments made by ignorant judgmental fools and focuses on all of the wonderful positive words that people have shared with regard to their love for Eric. Dear Lord please comfort this family during this time and let them feel you presence and loving arms around them. In Jesus name I pray, AMEN

21. Jacob Brandel on March 3, 2016 at 1:22 am

Eric, it was a true pleasure working with you. I will always remember the time we worked together, you always had the right attitude, and whenever I needed your help, you were there. May God Bless you and give your family the strength they need to accept that you are now in a better place. You will be missed.