Driver Flown to Trauma Center After Accident in Leonardtown

March 11, 2016

mva14On Tuesday, March 8, 2016 at 3:30 p.m. police and rescue crews from Leonardtown and Hollywood responded to a report of a serious accident in the area of St. Andrews Church Road and Blacksmith Shop Road in Leonardtown.

Crews arrived on scene to discover a van off of the roadway into the ditch with one person trapped. It took crews approximately 20 minutes to remove the patient in the car.

The single occupant was flown to Prince George’s Shock Trauma Center.

The cause of the crash remains under investigation.

Photos courtesy of ScanMD.

mva13mva12mva11mva14

26 Responses to Driver Flown to Trauma Center After Accident in Leonardtown

1. Anonymous on March 11, 2016 at 7:07 am

Another nodder probably

• Anonymous on March 12, 2016 at 11:20 am

You’re completely stupid and should die

• Gladimnotu on March 12, 2016 at 9:00 pm

Hope you don’t have to hear those words, in your own voice, in your ears while your laying in your bed clutching your chest. Sweating profusely, wondering what the hell is going on.

• Anonymous on March 12, 2016 at 11:22 am

A 75 year old smoking, like that happens

2. Anonymous on March 11, 2016 at 9:02 am

Wide road…with wide shoulders…clear day. Wonder what the causal factor could have been?

• Anonymous on March 11, 2016 at 9:33 pm

Diebetic

3. Anonymous on March 11, 2016 at 9:05 am

Maybe they were going to park in the culvert?

4. Alfred on March 11, 2016 at 11:01 am

Way to show compassion for the person injured by showing their wrecked vehicle. Somd news net wins the Darwin award.

5. Family on March 11, 2016 at 12:52 pm

I know the person who was driving the van, he is like a dad to me-he did not nod off..he PASSED OUT while driving. You are displaying your ignorance by judging when you have NO CLUE what happened.

• Keepin It Real on March 11, 2016 at 4:25 pm

So what caused him to pass out? You can tell us since you know so much about what happened and all.

• Werwe on March 11, 2016 at 5:34 pm

You have a clue what happened

• Missy on March 12, 2016 at 6:57 pm

Praying for him and all of you!

• Keepin It Real on March 14, 2016 at 10:46 am

You really shouldn’t bother. Really.

6. Anonymous on March 11, 2016 at 2:30 pm

Not a nodder, if you don’t know maybe your best bet is to keep your mouth shut

7. Anonymous on March 11, 2016 at 4:58 pm

So thankful my father is ok!! Be ashamed of the rude comments made…. And I will pray for you.

8. heather on March 11, 2016 at 6:12 pm

Wow the amount of ignorance I just witnessed is unreal. Because it was a clear day they must be high? It could have been medical or maybe they swerved to miss an animal. There are more reasons then oh he must have nodded out. Its unbelievable the amount of ignorance and complete disregard for other peoples feelings that I see on, not only this story, but a lot of stories on this page and the baynet. And the other thing even if he had nodded out this person was flown out his injuries serious and that’s all you have to say? How about a little compassion for, if nothing else his family and friends. I see this all the time how would you feel if you had a loved one fighting an addiction every day of their lives and the were injured and killed and someone said something ignorant about them? Just bc someone is a drug addict doesn’t make them any less of a person.

• Gladimnotu on March 12, 2016 at 9:02 pm

We used to be innocent until proven guilty. Now we are all guilty until proven innocent. Shameful. Isn’t it?

• Noneofyourbusiness on March 14, 2016 at 2:17 pm

People are always taking up for the addicts, you are called “enablers”. They have to WANT to make themselves better. It does become a disease but if you want to clean yourself up you work hard at it you can do it. I know, I was one, and I was bad. I have kids and I needed to be there for them, so I got my sh*t together. People like you just keep giving to them and helping them, taking up for them and they get worse and worse. So they are a less of a person if they can’t help themselves. There is plenty of help out in the world.

9. Your choice on March 12, 2016 at 6:06 pm

I agree that people look at these stories and automatically assume the person nodded out or drugs were involved. However due to the lack of information given in some reports you shouldn’t jump to conclusions. The person reporting on this didn’t have all the information, therefore people speculate. WHICH is ignorant!!!!! Also the site puts up the pictures because it’s NEWS!!!! There was no pictures of the driver injured in these shots, so I don’t see how it’s so insensitive… It’s a news site, you have the option to view it. If you don’t like how they report the news, don’t come to the sight. Very simple solution!!!!!

10. Missy on March 12, 2016 at 7:00 pm

Praying for driver and his family. And for the ignorant, uncaring people.

• Keepin It Real on March 14, 2016 at 10:46 am

You should waste your breath on something more productive.

11. Sister In Christ on March 16, 2016 at 12:10 pm

The driver of the van just sent me the link to this page and I’ve been a friend of his for quite some time now, actually more like a daughter. I am also a sister in Christ with this man and he is the most loving, sober, decent man I have met! You who are saying things about this wonderful God fearing man is a discrase! If you don’t know him then you really don’t have any wright to judge him. He has a judge and his conscience is clear with Him. In this year of mercy I hope those who judge, condemn and mi-line the character of others are shown mercy in your time of need. God forgive them, they know not what they do!

• Keepin It Real on March 16, 2016 at 8:11 pm

Maybe Christ could help you with your spelling. Lord knows you need it.

• Sister In Christ on March 17, 2016 at 8:50 am

Peace be with you!

• Keepin It Real on March 17, 2016 at 10:41 am

See you in hell!

• Anonymous on March 20, 2016 at 8:12 am

You should be ashamed of yourself man, talking like that and all. Don’t you have any manners? Maybe a can of whoop ass would help straighten you out. You need that crap hole of yours and all washed out with some good ol’ borax.