Update: Lexington Park Man Charged with Attempted Murder and Home Invasion

October 14, 2016
Michael Vincent Moore, 55, of Lexington Park

Michael Vincent Moore, 55, of Lexington Park

UPDATE 10/13/2016 @ 5:20 p.m.: Michael Vincent Moore, 55, of Lexington Park, was charged with the following:

• Attempted Murder
  • Home Invasion
  • Reckless Endangerment
  • 3 Counts of 1st Degree Assault
  • 2 Counts of Use of a firearm in Commission of a Violent Crime
  • Assault on a Law Enforcement Office
  • Possession of a Handgun on a Person
  • Possession of a Handgun in a Vehicle
  • Reckless Endangerment from a Vehicle

Moore is currently being held at the St. Mary’s County Adult Detention Center.

UPDATE 10/13/2016 @ 11:50 a.m.: On October 13, 2016, at 7:40 a.m. St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office deputies and Maryland State Police responded to Mayfaire Lane in Lexington Park for reports of shots fired.

The preliminary investigation has revealed the suspect, Michael Vincent Moore, age 55, fired multiple rounds into an apartment door at the Park Villas Apartments (formerly Mayfaire Apartments). One occupant was inside the apartment at the time the shots were fired but the victim was uninjured.

Moore then fled the scene and fired rounds at a motor vehicle on Pegg Road. Moore returned to the apartment complex, where he was met by law enforcement officers and taken into custody at which time Moore assaulted Detective Michael Boyer who received minor injuries.

The driver of the motor vehicle was transported to MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital for the treatment of injuries caused by the motor vehicle’s window shattering – not gunshots.

The Criminal Investigations Division is continuing the investigation. Additional information will be provided pending formal charges.

10/13/2016: Deputies from the St, Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office are investigating reported shots fired in the area of the Park Villas Apartments on Mayfaire Lane, in Lexington Park and a separate incident on Pegg Road.

At this time, there are no fatalities, the suspect is in custody, and the incidents are related.

The investigation is ongoing and additional details are forthcoming.

There is no immediate threat to the public.

Michael Vincent Moore, 55, of Lexington Park

Michael Vincent Moore, 55, of Lexington Park

20161013_082543

45 Responses to Update: Lexington Park Man Charged with Attempted Murder and Home Invasion

1. Anonymous on October 13, 2016 at 12:33 pm

More chaos in Lexington Ghetto. Definitely getting close to the time for me to move out of this county and state. Too many crazy thugs and gang members with guns.

• Reality on October 17, 2016 at 11:32 pm

I agree. This place has been taken over by all these crap people with nothing to lose.

2. Citizen on October 13, 2016 at 1:29 pm

Shooting at a passing vehicle?

Too bad the officers didn’t put a couple center mass.

Doesn’t sound like this fine upstanding individual needs to be among the free/living.

I be there will be a sob story about how this person was putting their life back together, etc.

• Anonymous on October 14, 2016 at 2:42 am

No the funny thing is, Mike had his life together. He isn’t a thug at all. Not a gang banger.

I am guessing a crime of passion. I don’t know the details, but assuming isn’t intellectual.

He is a very kind man. Had a great job, works hard, and is very knowledgeable. He is a veteran.

He obviously made some very bad and dangerous decisions that night. I make no excuses for his actions and certainly do not condone his violence. I am glad there wasn’t fatalities or serious injuries. I hope whatever ails him is resolved internally, and that he is punished for his actions. I also am concerned for his health and well being.

But a deviant, thug, gangbanger or whatever else the lex park judgmentalists will call him, I can assure you, he certainly was not.

• No name on October 14, 2016 at 3:49 pm

Your reply is perfect. None of us know when a human can snap. Unfortunate, but it obviously happens.

• Anonymous on October 15, 2016 at 10:38 pm

He is definitely not a thug. I don’t know what his mind frame was at the moment but I know him personally and would rather hear from him what is going on. I hope that he is punished accordingly. It just does not sound like something he would do and I am very hurt by his aaction. Even he doesn’t condone what took place.

• Anonymous on October 19, 2016 at 11:36 pm

thank you.

• Anonymous on October 21, 2016 at 8:47 pm

I agree, I worked with mike in the past, I also know him personally, I couldn’t believe it when I heard about this…so out out of mikes character…mike was a veteran and he knew his job. Mike is far from being a gang banger.

• You'renotagood"citizen" on October 14, 2016 at 2:58 am

No. No sob story.

Mike HAD HIS LIFE TOGETHER. He is a retired Veteran. He had a great job. He took care of himself, his friends, and his family. He was, until this event, an excellent citizen.

Advocating more violence because of a very bad, dangerous choice is the problem with the world, and more importantly, this country.

He made some obvious poor choices yesterday. My guess: Crime of passion. But I do not know the backstory or the details.

But to immediately assume that he was some gang banger, thug, deviant like most do, just because he is a black man on this site, is reckless and ignorant. Good people make stupid decisions everyday. It is human nature.

People that advocate for more violence, like wishing he would have been shot, are the people that need evaluated and/or locked away.

Obviously what he did was wrong. And I am in no way excusing or giving a pass because he was a kind and gentle person. He should pay to the fullest extent of the law. And my thoughts are with the victims, if there are any in this unfortunate event.

I am also glad that the police force handled a “shots fired” call with non-violence. That is a bravo-Zulu for the St Marys Co Sheriffs Department.

STOP ASSUMING. STOP JUDGING YOUR FELLOW MAN. STOP THE VIOLENCE.

• Anonymous on October 14, 2016 at 9:33 am

Ahh, so he is one of the magical ones like you see on TV vs what you typically encounter in everyday life, got it!

• Citizen on October 14, 2016 at 12:20 pm

Don’t care about some sob story.

Just proves that he’s mentally unstable.

Shooting at a passing vehicle? What if he killed someone? Crime of passion… Don’t care.

Normal people don’t do these kinds of things.

He’s not too smart – lost it all because he couldn’t be level headed.

• Youreabad"citizen". on October 19, 2016 at 11:42 pm

I do not disagree. The OP mentioned how they wished he had been shot. My point still is that further encouraging more violence should be a last resort. We need to change this mindset of our citizens wishing other countrymen dead before a trial and justice can occur.
          You can argue all you want. I never made light of his actions, or offered any excuses. On another comment, I even said I hoped he is punished to the fullest extent of the law, and gets the help he needs while he is there.

Everybody has a breaking point. You aren’t above making an irrational decision. Lie to yourself if you have too. Nobody here is fooled

• Little Dookie on October 14, 2016 at 12:44 pm

Sorry, hate to burst your bubble, but he quit being a model citizen the moment he decided that whatever the problem was, he could solve it with a gun. Model citizens don’t shoot at moving cars nor do they assault deputies who are doing their job. He will have a long time to think about his poor decisions while he sits in a jail cell.

• FoxiMaiden on October 18, 2016 at 9:51 am

I think you’re missing the point- they were just correcting the assumptions the OP was making about the shooter.

3. Patrick Henry on October 13, 2016 at 1:48 pm

Hillary will stop this kind of violence! Only the new Federal Police Force will have weapons, all citizens will be required to submit to the government and turn in your firearms. Its gonna be OK, the government and Mrs. Clinton will protect us. Don’t you feel safer now?

4. Hondoroshei Evans on October 14, 2016 at 2:36 am

You don’t know all the details yet to make judgments

• Little Dookie on October 14, 2016 at 12:45 pm

People are judging based on what is released and what is reported. What’s the problem? When you don’t commit crimes and follow the law, it absolutely gives you the right to judge others who can’t/won’t follow the law.

5. Danno on October 14, 2016 at 4:14 am

There has to be more to the story. This may involve revenge for a family member being killed.

• Anonymous on October 14, 2016 at 4:43 pm

That was genius! Thank you.

• Danno on October 15, 2016 at 1:30 am

And you are a idiot!!!

• Anonymous on October 15, 2016 at 12:36 pm

Good comeback!

6. Anonymous on October 14, 2016 at 5:19 am

Don’t be to quick to judge someone. This man is not a thug or gang member. I worked right next to this person for a year and 1/2 on a daily basis for a top defence contractor on a very high vis program. None of us were in his shoes or situation when this all went down.

• Brian on October 14, 2016 at 9:22 am

“top defence contractor” LOL it is DEFENSE, like, National Defense!

Not defence, like, letz go watch Leo climb de fence. AMAZING!

• ThrowUpTheX on October 17, 2016 at 10:52 am

In fairness, ‘defence’ is how they spell it in the UK (and yes, I know we’re not in Great Britain), so maybe this poster is from there. Then again, if they were they would have spelled ‘program’ as ‘programme’. Never mind. Glad I could add nothing to the discussion.

And yes, it was a crime of passion. I know first hand from someone who was there that he mentioned something about a situation with his wife.

• Little Dookie on October 14, 2016 at 12:46 pm

So you are condoning his actions? So if he had a mental break down it makes it OK? Got it.

7. Len on October 14, 2016 at 6:32 am

When is Governer Hogan going to push for Maryland becoming “shall issue”? My guess is never. I wanted two things from him: A good budget that sees a decrees in tolls, taxes, and spending and making Maryland 2nd Amendment friendly with “shall issue” for concealed carry permitting and ditching of SB 281. I’m not holding my breath.

• Anonymous on October 14, 2016 at 4:45 pm

He has to get re-elected first. Give him a chance. He squeaked in so he needs to keep things level for now. He can’t undo decades of failed liberal policies overnight.

• Anonymous on October 14, 2016 at 9:53 pm

Polices and detectives who arrested me for growing cannabis said Maryland will never support concealed carry weapon. They gave me their opinions that I should move out.Maryland if you really embrace your 2A. I agree with them completely because you can’t win without three big counties PG, B-more, and MG.

• Anonymous on October 15, 2016 at 12:38 pm

Wrong. Most officers are very pro 2A and do not fear law abiding citizens carrying for protection. They said that because they knew the leftist MD assembly would never allow it.

8. bo on October 14, 2016 at 8:59 am

The car he shot at was driven by a lady that didn’t even know Mr. Moore. She just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

9. Anonymous on October 14, 2016 at 1:37 pm

• Anonymous on October 14, 2016 at 4:46 pm

And some people need to figure out how and where to use punctuation. This way people don’t have to try and decipher that failed attempt at a sentence.

• Anonymous on October 14, 2016 at 5:20 pm

You need to stop typing.

• Brian on October 18, 2016 at 6:36 am

“No matter who get in white house guns will get into the hands they definitely do not belong to so some people need to shut up”

I’m not really sure what to say here. Did you eat paint chips when you were a child?

10. Sohcie Burd on October 14, 2016 at 11:24 pm

They got the wrong guy in jail. It should have been the guy in his apartment

• Anonymous on October 15, 2016 at 12:39 pm

What about the victim in the car? Did the guy in the apartment shoot at her?

11. Trilllife on October 16, 2016 at 8:53 pm

This is my uncle . & he is no criminal. He is suffering from mental illness!!! Get background before you sellout!!!

• Anonymous on October 17, 2016 at 8:43 am

Ahhh, the old mental illness dindu excuse. no one saw that coming, lol

• JCC on October 17, 2016 at 1:09 pm

Didn’t he lose a son recently? I worked with Michael awhile back. He is one hell of a nice guy.

12. Anonymous on October 17, 2016 at 4:23 am

Just another hood rat thug

• Mr. Mr. on October 17, 2016 at 7:37 pm

Just like you.

13. Anonymous on October 17, 2016 at 10:51 pm

WHAT WAS THE MOTION FOR THIS MURDEROUS RAMPAGE???? I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHAT COULD CAUSE ALL THIS HOSTILITY.

• Brian on October 19, 2016 at 6:54 am

Decaf brother, you need decaf.

14. Anonymous on October 17, 2016 at 10:55 pm

Ok…..you have a Rep. Governor and I haven’t seen much change. So do all you right wing so called conservative bible toting white folk have to say now.

• Little Dookie on October 18, 2016 at 12:56 pm

He is a republican but far from right wing. Try again.