May 16, 2017
Russell W. Gribble, 35, of Chesapeake Beach

Russell W. Gribble, 35, of Chesapeake Beach

On Friday, May 12, 2017 at approximately 9:45 a.m., Trooper First Class Barlow, from the Maryland State Police Prince Frederick Barrack responded to a single vehicle accident on Ponds Wood Road in Huntingtown.

Russell W. Gribble, 35, of Chesapeake Beach, was taken to the hospital for injuries.

A search based on Controlled Dangerous Substance and Paraphernalia in plain view was conducted.

Numerous plastic baggies prepared for distribution were located throughout the vehicle as well as a digital scale and prescription pills.

Upon discharge, Gribble was arrested and incarcerated at the Calvert County Detention Center.

Russell W. Gribble, 35, of Chesapeake Beach

Russell W. Gribble, 35, of Chesapeake Beach

34 Responses to Chesapeake Beach Man Arrested for DUI & Possession With Intent to Distribute Heroin

1. Farmz on May 16, 2017 at 8:12 pm

That dumb look.. him din do nuffin

2. Anonymous on May 16, 2017 at 8:25 pm

Alright Russ, when driving dirty you can get busted by having an accident.

3. J on May 16, 2017 at 9:25 pm

Damn

• Bob Lob Law on May 17, 2017 at 7:58 am

Dud was really to throw the party of the year.

4. Anonymous on May 17, 2017 at 9:17 am

Another upstanding citizen junkie/dealer driving high and putting everyone at risk.

5. Breezy. on May 17, 2017 at 12:37 pm

I got u Rusty! U need help, but u have that and more, were here for u! Trying to figure out bond now. U know who this is, but I’m not saying. U hid this very well. We love u bud! If u got something negative to say, just don’t leave a comment. People have problems, lets not spread all his darn business!

• Obi Won Jabroni on May 17, 2017 at 2:51 pm

Do you think he is gonna read this from his jail cell??? “Trying to figure out bond now”. LMFAO. Thanks for the update…

• Anonymous on May 17, 2017 at 6:39 pm

Thanks for not commenting and putting his business out there. His best bet is to stay in jail.

• Anonymous on May 18, 2017 at 6:33 am

Breezy sounds like his #1 enabler

6. xMosquito on May 17, 2017 at 12:46 pm

Hope he gets lots of spoon time in prison.
    No sympathy for opioid distributors!

7. Breezy on May 17, 2017 at 12:47 pm

People stop talking crap! I lived near him nd never knew! We’re here for u Rusty, waiting for u to call! Hang in there bud!

• Anonymous on May 17, 2017 at 3:57 pm

That’s great that he kept it to himself unfortunately if he is driving around with it and getting into accidents he is now putting everyone at risk and his problem just became everyone’s problem. For future reference, once he is arrested and it is posted on here it is everyone’s business since it is my and everyone else’s tax money being used to process him, house him, and court costs. This is just the start of his downward spiral and hopefully it won’t take him driving high and killing someone for you to figure that out.

• Anonymous on May 17, 2017 at 6:40 pm

Stop enabling him. Leave him in jail. At least he will be clean while he’s there.

• Anonymous on May 20, 2017 at 12:30 am

That’s funny….it is not that hard for inmates to get what they want…a lot of addicts are worse when they get out then they were when they went in. Barstow is no exception…if he knows someone on the inside, he will have heroin or worse in no time…especially if his enablers put money in his commissary…

• Anonymous on May 20, 2017 at 11:41 pm

You have the facts to back up this ridiculous claim, right? Idiot.

• Anonymous on May 19, 2017 at 10:03 am

NOT HIS FIRST RODEO

8. Confused on May 17, 2017 at 5:05 pm

Where are all the lock this animal up comments?

• Anonymous on May 17, 2017 at 6:40 pm

Reading isn’t your thing, eh?

9. A CONCERNED CITIZEN OF THE COUNTY ! on May 17, 2017 at 6:27 pm

Hey Breezy,
    Your buddy’s got a “rap sheet” 3 pages long, I think your just upset he didn’t make it to your place to score a deal !!!!
    Lock his stupid ass up and toss the key, you’ll save a few lives in Calvert County !! If not, he’s going to end up killing someone !!

10. Christy on May 17, 2017 at 11:23 pm

It breaks my heart to see this! I went to high school with him. Addiction is painful to see someone go through it but also painful for the addict themselves. Addiction = jails, institutions and death.

• Losers gonna Lose on May 19, 2017 at 8:18 am

And yet people still think its worth it to be a junkie. Getting high is so important, that even knowing it is going to lead to jails, institutions, and death, they still do it. Now I get that when you are addicted the drug takes over your body and you do crazy things. But there was a time before the addiction, when using the drug was a choice. No one accidentally uses meth, heroin, etc. They wanted to use it, even knowing the consequences. So I have very little sympathy

11. Anonymous on May 18, 2017 at 6:38 am

“…I don’t always drive with drugs in my ride…okay, actually I do. Stay strung out, my friends.”

12. Nobody . on May 18, 2017 at 8:32 am

Rusty isn’t isn’t a bad guy he just went down the wrong path . He is a great father and an excellent worker . He would do anything for anybody . It’s so funny how everyone points out the bad things people have done but not once do they share all the good things the man has done ! He made a mistake and I’m positive he knows this and will take the actions of getting help . You’ll be good dude just keep your head up stay strong . You’ve beat this once you can do it again ! Praying for you man .

• Bob Lob Law on May 18, 2017 at 10:07 am

Probably because you don’t get arrested for doing good things. I would say you’re smarter than this, but we all know that’s not true.

• Anonymous on May 18, 2017 at 12:11 pm

He is a worthless POS junkie. Too bad he didn’t die.

• Anonymous on May 18, 2017 at 1:28 pm

Sorry “Nobody”, people with his record are not a good dude and if his kid is seeing any of his criminal activity (assault, drugs, theft, multiple serious driving violations, etc…)he is not a great father. Great fathers would put their kids first before anything, even drugs. Even if his kid doesn’t see it everything he does affects them indirectly. As for doing good things, It is easy to give someone the shirt off his back when he stole the shirt in the first place. He did not make a mistake he made a conscious choice to do drugs unless you are trying to say he went out for a pack of cigarettes and accidently purchased heroin instead. If he got clean before I am sure he can do it again, his kids should be the only motivation he needs.

• Anonymous on May 19, 2017 at 6:39 am

You’re right. Other than that whole heroin distribution thing and that long criminal record, yes, I’d say he’s not a bad guy. Enable much?

• Losers gonna Lose on May 19, 2017 at 8:21 am

Considering the facts of the case, can we honestly “you beat this once”? I’m guessing he didn’t, cuz you know, he’s using drugs… That’s the problem with “junkies”, you never “beat” the addiction. You might be able to control it for 5 years, 10 years, 20 years, but its always there, waiting to consume you again.

13. Anonymous on May 18, 2017 at 10:10 pm

Sad

14. Anonymous on May 18, 2017 at 10:11 pm

They also found military grade illegal weapons guns explosive lewd sexual parphenalia and tons more drugs back at his house but that’s all being kept under wraps property value and future development concerns… money over peoples safety chesapeake beach has a history of covering up shady stuff downplaying it to protect tourism and the property tax rolls and certain interested ‘stakeholders’ (good ole boy fat cats) hope this guy get a the help he needs sad of course the biggest crooks profiting are the drug companies and politicians themselves

• And...? on May 19, 2017 at 8:25 am

Whats wrong with lewd sexual paraphernalia??? I get your point about the rest of it, but if the dude has a sweet college of mags and dvds, good for him. And who defines “lewd”? 50 years ago a bikini was lewd. Assuming its legal, more power to you. More getting your stroke on and less getting your driving while high…

15. Anonymous on May 19, 2017 at 10:01 am

Not his first rodeo

16. Anonymous on May 19, 2017 at 11:43 am

If you have any sympathy for him you are a true idiot.
    How dare anyone defend someone selling heroin.
    He punched his ticket to a long time in jail

• Anonymous on May 24, 2017 at 1:18 pm

Knowing him sober, he has been a good person. I think depression took over after he started using. Went as far as isolating himself. It’s sad, the drugs do so many things it’s unreal. I unfortunately lost my husband bc of his addiction. No he didn’t die, but I had to leave him bc we’ve got a child that I never wanted to be around any of it, see the fights, the sickness, have my child pay for it basically. I wasn’t having it, yet now I’m divorced and don’t have my family. My children suffer either way. Though thankfully they’ll never see (hopefully) or know any of what that life is like. My ex-husband seems to be getting better, but will I ever forget the years of watching him try to fight and lose and ask him to do it for his children and I and see that we weren’t worth it? NO. Sad thing is I never knew he had a history of drug abuse in the first place. U make a choice, put your priorities in order. Yes drugs consume u, BUT if you can’t put your children before drugs. There’s something wrong. I never wldve thought being a old friend that this man was doing this and how bad it really was, but is it our place to judge? Who knows what he was personally going through or has been through. All I can do is pray for him and his family. If he has any, everyone needs someone who will stand by and help. Though in defense, how long do u stand there to help when they won’t take it? It’s a very hard situation. Sad he will lose all he has, if anything. Also, one last thing. Sadly, since I’ve first hand seen what jail does to men, that’s a horrible place for him to be. That isn’t helping him get better. There aren’t going to be people there for love and support to rehabilitation. He’ll adapt and be another one of the “institutionalized”. People don’t see what jail or prison do to people. Although if u just follow the “law” u won’t get into trouble. We’re all a part of the system. Even us tax payers. This goes way further than just this one person. All we can do is pray…