Ambulance Involved in an Motor Vehicle Accident in California

January 31, 2013

southern maryland accident 041On Thursday, January, 31 at , 6:10 am, police, fire and rescue crews responded to a report of a motor vehicle involving an ambulance at Route 235 and Patuxent Beach Road in California.

Crews arrived on scene to discover a two vehicle accident involving ambulance 388 from Lexington Park. The ambulance was responding to a call at the time of the accident.

Two people were transported from the scene to St. Mary’s Hospital with minor injuries.

Police continue to investigate.

12 Responses to Ambulance Involved in an Motor Vehicle Accident in California

1. Anonymous on January 31, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Glad only non life threatening injuries. Any news on the accident they were responding to? From co-workers it sounds as thoug it may have been even worse. It definately had a significant impact on the mornings commute! Hope all are okay.

• Great Read on January 31, 2013 at 3:28 pm

I’ve been a bit shocked there is no word or info. on the big accident this morning at 4 & 235?? Usually the local news is all over something like this.

• Anonymous on January 31, 2013 at 3:41 pm

This was the big accident at 4 and 235.

• Anonymous on January 31, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Rt 235 and Patuxent Beach Road is the entrance to Cracker Barrel and all those other restaurants. NOT the Rt 235 and Rt 4 accident. Only thing these had in common was they happened the same day.

• Anonymous on February 1, 2013 at 8:00 am

Um, no.

Patuxent Beach Rd is another name for Rt 4 from the Calvert County side to Rt 235.

The road by the Cracker Barrel is Shady Mile Road.

The ambulance accident occured on the southbound side of Rt 235, at the entrance to St Andrew’s Church Rd, across from Rt 4 (Patuxent Beach Road).

2. Ethan on January 31, 2013 at 3:38 pm

No kidding… why only a blurb

3. vp on January 31, 2013 at 4:46 pm

What happen to the van that was there

4. Dr Hatch on January 31, 2013 at 5:34 pm

I was trying to get to work *cough cough* and this darn ambulance was in my way. Who was driving that thing? *cough cough* It think I may need an ambulance too! *cough cough*

5. Jay-kobb on January 31, 2013 at 5:35 pm

I mean I mean I mean I mean. You have seen how I drive right!? Like, I mean you know, ughhhhhhhhhhh

6. Githin Norge on January 31, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Is that a Utiliee? I really like Utiliees!

7. Tim on January 31, 2013 at 6:34 pm

The picture of the ambulance is definitely pre-accident

8. Anonymous on February 4, 2013 at 8:04 pm

The ambulance was tboned by the van. The ambulance was on his way to a call with lights on and the van had the right of way but didn’t slow down and hit the ambulance, spun it and made it hit the truck.