UPDATE: High Speed Police Chase Covers Three Counties

September 12, 2011

UPDATE: On Sept. 8, 2011  at 3:53 p.m., Trooper Oles stopped a vehicle for traffic violations on Route 4 at Lore Rd. in Solomons.  The driver did not have proper identification and provided a false name to the Trooper.  The driver then drove away and a pursuit began.  The pursuit continued across the Solomons Bridge, continued north on Route 235 and north on Route 5.  During the pursuit, the driver drove towards an officer on foot who was attempting to use a tire deflating device on the suspect vehicle.  The suspect vehicle suffered a flat tire and lost control on Route 5 at the Hughesville bypass.  The driver fled on foot but was apprehended.

The driver, Terry Gene Brown, 47 of Capitol Heights was arrested and charged with assault, possession of drugs and numerous traffic violations.  He also had numerous open warrants in several counties and in Virginia.

The passenger, Paula Krauchuk, 49 of Washington, DC, was also arrested and charged with possession of drugs.  Both were incarcerated at the Calvert County Detention Center.

High Speed Police Chase Covers Three Counties
Maryland State Police in Prince Frederick continue to investigate a high speed police chase the crossed into three counties.

The chase began shortly before 4:30 p.m. on Sept. 8, in Calvert County as the vehicle was pulled over for a routine traffic stop. The driver of the vehicle then fled the scene once the officer approached. The suspect vehicle continued across the Thomas Johnson Bridge into St. Mary’s County travelling at a high rate of speed, weaving in and out of traffic and at one point caused a collision near the intersection of Three Notch Road and Loveville Road. The suspect vehicle continued to elude authorities and even ran over stop sticks.

The suspect vehicle then made his way into Charles County where in Hughesville, he lost control of his vehicle after crashing into a guardrail and then fled on foot leaving a female passenger behind. The female passenger was immediately detained.

The suspect was located near the bypass and taken into custody following nearly a two hour long search.

Charges will be forthcoming. The name of the suspect has not yet been released.