Charlotte Hall Man Caught Stealing Batteries from Construction Site

January 10, 2017
John Tyler Garrow, 22, of Charlotte Hall

John Tyler Garrow, 22, of Charlotte Hall

On Monday, December 26, 2016, Corporal J. Kirkner of the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office observed a male subject, later identified as John Tyler Garrow, 22, of Charlotte Hall, attempting to access the battery compartment of a piece of construction equipment at a construction site next to the 30000 block of Three Notch Road in Charlotte Hall.

Corporal Kirkner recovered four batteries from various pieces of equipment at the construction site.

Garrow was arrested and transported to the St. Mary’s County Detention Center where he was charged with Theft Under $1000 and Rogue and Vagabond.

John Tyler Garrow, 22, of Charlotte Hall

John Tyler Garrow, 22, of Charlotte Hall

17 Responses to Charlotte Hall Man Caught Stealing Batteries from Construction Site

1. Anonymous on January 10, 2017 at 7:48 am

POS thief. He has been on here before, maybe he should consider a new line of work.

2. Rocky on January 10, 2017 at 8:47 am

Another brain-dead youth, stealing what others worked to obtain.

3. Tyreese Williams on January 10, 2017 at 9:34 am

Dude was just trying to get his life jump started again!

4. brian on January 10, 2017 at 12:53 pm

This only happend weeks ago…

5. Anonymous on January 10, 2017 at 4:44 pm

He was just stealing batteries for all his Christmas gifts that didn’t come with batteries.

6. Anonymous on January 10, 2017 at 7:57 pm

You can stfu about my family that’s my little brother don’t talk when you don’t know a damn thing I’ll do anything when it comes to my two brothers. Y’all…. I swear if I knew you. You don’t even wanna know and I wish I was back home because honestly yeah. I’ll defend him

• Anonymous on January 11, 2017 at 10:59 am

Oh man, nice! Keyboard warrior talking hard. Psssst, your brother is a thief. He has probably stolen from you and other family members. So you are defending him for stealing? Stop enabling people, you are part of the problem. Oh, and you do know me and I know what you and your family are all about.

• Anonymous on January 11, 2017 at 11:29 am

Why don’t you reimburse the people he stole from? That would be a good start. I really don’t see how anyone could defend a common thief. You may consider it a family issue but when he is out stealing and hurting innocent people it becomes societies issue. Now our tax money is wasted on getting him through the system. I don’t know what tuned him into a thief but there is no good reason for anyone to steal. If he is hungry there are multiple soup kitchens and food pantries in the area, if he needs a place to stay there are multiple church organizations that would set him up in a motel, there are loads of options for anyone to get what they need in the area. What that means is anyone who steals in this area is stealing for a want and that is unacceptable. If it is drugs then you need to walk away now or he will pull you into the crapper with him. Maybe seeing you turn your back is the push he needs to get clean.

• Ruth Bader Ginsburg on January 11, 2017 at 11:49 am

I guess we are lucky you didn’t make bail or parole, then we might be in deep trouble, tough guy! You FAILED your little brother, maybe our criminal justice system can help raise your turd brother now.

• Cops Mom on January 11, 2017 at 1:10 pm

What you need to do instead of “defending” him is give him a real good swift kick in the azz and help him get his sh*t in one sock….stealing is nothing to be defending….don’t be a brother badazz because it is your brother that people are commenting on for doing something stupid….be a brother badazz to your brother to get him to straighten his life up!!!

• Rob Stark Sr on January 11, 2017 at 1:18 pm

Good for you. I’m guessing (from the way you write) that you are uneducated as well. You can defend him all you want. That doesn’t change the fact that he’s a low life thief ! Does it run in your family? Just asking.

• Anonymous on January 11, 2017 at 2:16 pm

Another proud product of the public school system. What a moron!

• Big Dookie on January 11, 2017 at 3:30 pm

internet tough guy- FYI your brother is a POS dope fiend.

• Farmz on January 12, 2017 at 12:37 am

Stfu… u ain’t doing nothing

7. WAKE UP on January 11, 2017 at 12:14 pm

@ his loving and caring brother, how about instead of defending him of his wrong doing you teach him how to follow the right path and GET A JOB so that he can BUY the things he needs vs stealing from someone else! This is why ADDICTS continue to lie steal and cheat because family members enable them instead of actually trying to get them help. I have several family members that are battling drug addiction so I don’t want to hear the “you don’t know what it’s like” speech SAVE IT! Your brother needs to put on his big boy pants and GROW up and from the sound of your threat on the internet you do as well. BEST OF LUCK!!!

8. Anonymous on January 11, 2017 at 3:52 pm

Well maybe you should help him get his life back on track rather then defending the fact that he clearly committed a crime and stop threatening people who have had it with those that just help themselves to other peoples things? Sounds like a better idea to me!!

9. Anonymous on January 23, 2017 at 4:25 pm

this is my cousin and i wish he would get help