Hoyer Remarks on Executive Order Targeting Federal Employees

January 24, 2017

“Yesterday, President Trump issued an Executive Order. He imposed a hiring freeze on the federal workforce. It was not only a freeze, but an attack on those serving our country and a misguided action that will achieve the opposite of what is intended.

“For those who are listening in the chamber, Mr. Speaker, let me say that I’m proud to represent 62,000 federal employees. Hopefully all of us refer to them as working people. We all say we want to be supportive of working people. Some people, however, in this body and down the avenue, exempt federal employees as working people. They are not only working people, but they are working for the American people.

“Let’s not forget that two-thirds of federal employees live and work outside the greater Washington area. It’s very nice to say, ‘all those bureaucrats in Washington,’ but two-thirds of our federal employees serve in every community around our country, serving and protecting them.

“The FBI agents, agents around the world who work for the Central Intelligence Agency, 117 of whom who died in service, the President spoke in front of their memorial the other day. Employees of the Centers for Disease Control [are] keeping us healthy as communities and as a country, protecting our children and families from diseases that would attack us. Federal employees at the National Institutes of Health [are] studying how we prevent and cure cancer, heart disease, lung disease, diabetes, autism, other afflictions that confront our country, both health care from the physical and mental standpoint. And, yes, nurses at our veterans’ hospitals. A freeze so that if a nurse leaves, you can’t replace her or him. A doctor at a veterans hospital leaves, you can’t replace that doctor, apparently. Even at the IRS where we talk about making sure our tax system is fair and making sure that everybody pays their fair share, we undermine the ability to make that a reality. Our Border Patrol keeps our borders safe; [employees at the Department of] Homeland Security keep our homeland safe. They serve the public in every state and every Congressional district in the country.

“This hiring freeze will not save us money or do anything to make the government more efficient. Should we do both? Yes. Will this policy do it? No. Its effect will be a reduction in the level of service benefiting the American people; greater difficulty in recruiting and retaining the most talented Americans to public service; and increased costs as a result of having to hire more expensive, private contractors to do the work that still needs to be done. That’s something that the public doesn’t understand. That, frankly, we exploded in the early part of this century the contracting out, which gave us less control and more cost. It’s more expensive to contract out.

“Already our federal employees made significant sacrifices toward achieving a greater fiscal sustainability in this country. Now, let me give you the magnitude of that. Federal employees over the last ten years have given up $159 billion in pay and benefits to which they would otherwise have been entitled, but we withdrew those resources from them.

“Instead of continuing to vilify federal civilian employees as they have done for years, when I say they, the politicians have done it. Mostly on the Republican side of the aisle, but perhaps not exclusively, vilified our federal employees. Republicans in Congress and in the White House ought to be thanking them for their hard work.

“I can’t imagine any of us would treat our own employees, Mr. Speaker, in a fashion that said we’re going to lay you off, we’re going to undercut your pay, we’re not going to give you the benefits which we promised you, and think they were going to keep personnel onboard with high morale and highly motivated to do the job, not only for us Members but for the American people.

“No employer would think they could mistreat their employees and expect the highest performance out of them, and certainly no employer would think if I treat my employees the way we’ve been treating federal employees that we could recruit and retain the best and the brightest to serve our country.

“Mr. Speaker, I urge the President to rescind his order. That is not to say executives in all of these agencies should not look in making sure we have the proper number of employees onboard and are acting efficiently and effectively and working hard to accomplish the objectives that we as a Congress, on behalf of the American people, have given them. That’s the issue.

“I urge my Republican friends in this House and in the Senate to speak out against it, and I urge all federal employees and their families to speak up in their communities across our country to remind their fellow Americans of the important work they do, and why this hiring freeze would be so harmful to our country.

“Giving one another respect in America is not political correctness. It is the way we ought to treat one another, and we ought to treat our public employees who work for us and our country with the same kind of respect that we would want for ourselves. Frankly, respect of one another was a victim in this last campaign, but it should not be and must not be the norm and I yield back the balance of my time.”

148 Responses to Hoyer Remarks on Executive Order Targeting Federal Employees

1. Arthur on January 24, 2017 at 4:57 pm

time for you to go Hoyer – we need some fresh blood not the same old BS you deliver

• Anonymous on January 27, 2017 at 2:48 pm

Why are Republicans forced to use phrases like, alternative facts, instead of just saying because we lie ? Can someone on this site tell me republicans don’t lie?

2. BillyBob on January 24, 2017 at 5:19 pm

You are like a loaded diaper Steny…Full of CRAP! I can say that this time I agree with Trump. The government welfare system you call civil service is a joke. They are serving themselves to healthy salaries and great big fat asses after 40 yrs of sitting on it. It is asking for people to abuse the system. They haven’t given up jack doodley squat in the last 10 yrs. They were over paid and underworked. Try that crap in the private sector and see how long you last. No …not the brightest because the brightest got sick on sitting on one thumb with the other in their mouth waiting for someone to holler switch. Freeze it and figure out what needs to be lopped off…due to the spread of the gangrene.

• Angry Fed and Fed Up on January 25, 2017 at 7:28 am

From your answer, you obviously don’t know how your government works. There are very few workers left that have been working 40 even 30 years. The civil service system was replaced by FERS, and even newer employees must contribute more to their retirements. If you think we are overpaid and under worked, then why don’t you find a Vet with a disability claim and see how long it takes just to get reviewed. You cannot compare government to the private sector– that is comparing apples and oranges. The federal workforce comprises only 1.8% of the total federal budget- Congress— the ones that have created this mess have been lopping off the federal workforce for the last 10 years. In case you care to notice, the federal government is smaller now than it was in 1967. If you are that stupid to think that we don’t need the federal workforce, then shut it down and see what happens— truckers won’t be able to move goods because the DOT won’t be there to ensure their vehicles are safe. Planes won’t fly because there won’t be any air traffic controllers. Roads, sewers, bridges and other infrastructure won’t get done. States budgets will be wrecked— why? Because they rely heavily on FEDERAL FUNDING. It is pure ignorance such as yours that is the real embarrassment to our country. Shut the federal government down and lop off the workers and you sir, will probably be out of a job— oh, and you won’t be able to collect unemployment because there won’t be anyone there to issue you a check.

• NavyGuy on January 25, 2017 at 12:52 pm

Looks like you had ample time to pen this response on your tax payer funded laptop, at your tax payer funded job. Federal employees like you are the problem

• Anonymous on January 25, 2017 at 3:49 pm

BOOM!

• Anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 3:09 pm

Write something that’s pertinent please. Don’t be a DSP.

• BillyBob on January 25, 2017 at 1:01 pm

I see your lips a moving but I can’t hear the words coming out of your mouth. I tried working around the yahoos at PAX and Webster and they think a work ethic is actually showing up for work. I moved on to a more rewarding position. My father warned me…He quit “working” at Indian Head” because as a civil “servant” he was tired of having to sit their and do nothing. Great pay but god forbid you want to accomplish something. You spew about a Vet’s claim? Yeah…you could have found a better example if your telling me that the folks at the VA are hard chargers and getting it done. The VA is a perfect example of where the gov’t could use the “if you don’t get off your ass and do something you’re fired” method. there are a ridiculous amount of jobs filled by our bloated gov’t all the time. Try hiring by quality instead of just using affirmative action. I personally don’t give a rats ass what color the person is…if they are the best for the people then they should get the job. That is a real issue. No sliding scale BS. They ought to make about 75% of the Gov’t employees reapply for their jobs every 5 yrs. And for god sake make it where they can be fired for gross negligence and incompetence. Half of them should be operating a rake or a shovel. Bunch of window lickers!

• Anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 6:29 pm

Alternative facts are just big lies. BUILD A FENCE AROUND pENCE.

• Bill Cantanelli on January 30, 2017 at 9:34 pm

That would be cheaper than building one around your momma! Just say’n..,,

3. salute on January 24, 2017 at 5:35 pm

Steny sit down.

4. Gary Tice on January 24, 2017 at 5:44 pm

Great speach, sadly it falls on deaf ears.

5. George on January 24, 2017 at 6:56 pm

You ought to be used to it there skippy. Your previous buddy ruled by executive orders. Don’t feel so good does it? Go Trump!!

6. LiberalAndEmployed on January 24, 2017 at 7:32 pm

What? No comments from the Trump crowd? And here you thought he’d only go after those welfare moms and illegals. Thanks comrades. You can get in the bread line next to Jose’.

• deplorable on January 26, 2017 at 8:16 pm

Speak for yourself numbnuts.

• WTF on January 27, 2017 at 8:02 am

$peny needs to be laid off and no doubt you too.

• Anonymous on January 27, 2017 at 2:57 pm

It’s common for that crowd to vote against themselves. That’s why they have no excuse.

7. William Mattingly on January 24, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Please STFU and retire! You are a worthless POS!

• Anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 6:31 pm

You call people names? Dip S-IT DEPLORABLE !

• William Benfield on January 30, 2017 at 9:38 pm

Shut your wrinkled piehole Hillary!

8. Steve on January 24, 2017 at 7:37 pm

I’m surprised Pelosi let him come down off her lap long enough for him to speak. We all know the Federal Budget is a mess give the new Administration time to figure things out because if the crybabies in the future find out we needed temporary freeze and it did not happen they will be crying 24/7.

• Anonymous on January 27, 2017 at 3:04 pm

Alternative facts, for people that can”t accept that President Obama and the democrats brought this country back from the brink of complete economic collapse. Pelosi and Hoyer worked to help people and along the way thats what helped everyone to prosper.

• anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 8:28 am

Right, economic collapse huh? Nevermind the fact obama and the democrats put this country in more debt than all previous administrations COMBINED! Go kick rocks dummy.

• Anonymous on January 31, 2017 at 8:31 pm

You liar.

• Ura Douche on February 5, 2017 at 1:08 pm

TWO WORDS

RAIN TAX.

9. AKA on January 24, 2017 at 8:50 pm

Steny is just trying to stay relevant.

• Anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 6:33 pm

I’m sure you never have been relevant that’s why you’re so angry. You DIP S-IT DEPLORABLE SOB.

• Ura Douche on February 5, 2017 at 1:10 pm

Why are the children of this generation so angry? Name calling, cursing. Shame. I’m sure you kiss your mother with that mouth on visitation days. Keyboard commmando.

10. Tell You What on January 25, 2017 at 6:27 am

He needs to go

• Anonymous on January 27, 2017 at 3:05 pm

You need to go.

11. Marcus Welby, M.D. on January 25, 2017 at 6:47 am

Tired of looking at his Something About Mary Matt Dillon caps.

• Anonymous on January 29, 2017 at 9:39 am

We should all be like Steve Bannon and never take another bath. I heard he STINKS.

12. Getting By on January 25, 2017 at 7:05 am

Just trying to turn it around again. Feeling some pain there, Steny, because you have no more coat tails to drag you along? I call BS on 90% of your remarks

• Anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 6:37 pm

Steny has spent his entire career trying to help people you can criticize him for helping people but at least be brave enough to admit it. Who have trump, pence and oily stinky cannon ever tried to help?

• Anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 6:38 pm

cannon

13. Anonymous on January 25, 2017 at 7:48 am

Steny,
    Hasn’t each new president put at least a temporary freeze on government hiring…Just as this one has? Go read the Executive Order, as certain portions are exempt (National Security being one). You remind me of when Nancy said, “We need to sign it, to see what’s in it”, about the Affordable Care Act.

Put your pitch fork down before you hurt someone.

P.S. How’s Social Security these days? Maybe you could concentrate your efforts on getting the government to put back the money they took from it. A worthy cause for someone with as much influence as you portray to have.

• Anonymous on January 27, 2017 at 3:07 pm

Alternative facts are lies.

14. Anonymous on January 25, 2017 at 8:58 am

In the private sector, what we hard workers call the “real world”, we are expected to do more with less every day. Maybe the Fed government should try it some time. I am not a bog fan of Trump but I agree with this. Lets take a step back and see if any of those vacant jobs are actually needed instead of just filling them “because.”

• Anonymous on January 25, 2017 at 8:59 am

**big fan (stupid fat fingers)

• Angry Fed and Fed Up on January 25, 2017 at 10:34 am

Tell that to the Veterans that have been waiting for months to get an appointment because there is no staff at the VA to process requests due to hiring freezes, sequestration and budget cuts. What exactly do you think federal workers actually do? Who do you think actually makes the government work? It sure as heck isn’t Congress and certainly not this President- if they actually knew how and who makes things work, they might actually realize how bad it is.

• Anonymous on January 25, 2017 at 3:53 pm

I am living it. That is the point. The VA is filled with a bunch of lazy workers who give a rat’s arse about our Vets. That would be the first place I would start. Do your job or you are fired! There are plenty of people out there would like to have that job that can do it 10 times better. No one is irreplaceable.

• Mike on January 25, 2017 at 10:39 am

“expected to do more with less every day”

Sounds exactly like gov work to me.

15. Abc3 on January 25, 2017 at 10:50 am

From these comments from Steny, I’d say he didn’t even read the EO. The Military is exempt and there are several provisions for other exemptions. Steny needs to go!!!!

16. AliceW on January 25, 2017 at 12:54 pm

This is a good start now for his next promise to thin the ranks, come on Don drop the next shoe!

17. farmboy on January 25, 2017 at 3:05 pm

There’s just no shutting up a democrat……….. I don’t think the world is going to end Mr. Hoyor…..

• Mike ill on January 25, 2017 at 8:58 pm

Being a federal employee for 30 years in the 3rd branch (judiciary). Let me tell you some facts: as of 2006 my annual salary has been maxed out and have not received any increases unless the president gave a cost of living increase which is usually 1% and we did not get it every year. Beside paying my payroll taxes I pay half of my monthly health insurance,pay to my life insurance,me pension,my 401k,and other taxes nothing is
      Free. If I retire after 35 years of service at the age of 57 I will get an annual pension of $30,000.00 for life. Most employees work until they have 40 years of service for a bigger pension, but that is not me. Actually you can’t retire until you are 56yrs old and have 30yrs service. Now if you think a $30,000.00 annual pension after 35yrs of work is being rich & getting over then you are right. Oh my figures are for Ny only. Other states get less. I am a native ny’er.we have no union not permitted to & can get fired for no reason at any time

• Anonymous on January 26, 2017 at 11:34 am

So by your logic, should there be unlimited steps for employees? Also, do people automatically get their steps or do they have to be earned with hard work? The truth is your average government worker has a stigma attached to them. My guess is from people going to the local DMV, but I digress. I think hard work should be rewarded but U don’t think the sky should be the limit on government workers. There has to be a min and max step. And I agree with your COLA statement, however remember, we taxpayers are funding those steps. I hope things work out for you, but that pension is terrible for the amount of service given. Oh, and the ACA didn’t help with the health insurance costs. I am personally still waiting for my $2500 savings.

• Anonymous on January 29, 2017 at 9:45 am

Really, you couldn’t shut anyone up. We still have freedom of speech in this country and people have died in wars for that right. I suppose that the republicans want to abolish that.

• Anonymous on January 29, 2017 at 9:54 am

Have you taken a look at the state of the country after one week in office? Constant protests, countries from all over the world in turmoil and re-accessing their relationships with the USA, our oldest and strongest friends being betrayed for Russia, etc. I could continue to go on here. I really think it’s time to be at least a little bit concerned.

18. Melissa Davis, La-playtah (LaPlata) on January 25, 2017 at 8:50 pm

Executive Orders are not set in stone, Congress has a certain amount of time to act on them. Good question: how many Executive Orders that have happened within the last 8 years are ones that Hoyer, Van Hollen, Mikulski, Cardin, etc., have let be, have taken no action on? If there is action taken on Executive Orders, whereas there was no action before, to cancel an order, so to speak, an explanation ought to be given. Why not speak up, and then speak up? A Full explanation should be given on action taken on Executive Orders. Its too bad these Congressional websites aren’t easier to read, to go through, to understand. On the Congress website, there should be an easy-to-understand explanation of legislation, an easy-to-read voting record, and it wouldn’t hurt to have an explanation of why a yes or no vote was cast. Why not have Congress on record and have every vote be a roll-call vote?

19. Mike on January 26, 2017 at 7:34 am

I’m sure most of these comments are written by the same jealous, angry,hateful Trump supporters that would like to see anyone with a good job be as miserable as they are. Your simple-minded lack of economic reality is dangerous and non productive. If you have to do with so much less in the private sector maybe its because you don’t understand business. Don’t try to make everyone else as big a miserable failure as you are. Don’t believe the alternative facts (lies) that the republican political operatives are posting here and all over the internet. How about some Comet Pizza?

• Anonymous on January 26, 2017 at 11:42 am

Wrong. We Trump supporters are tired of footing the bill for everyone else. Taxes, healthcare, fees, regulations etc, where does it end? I get it, people need help. Many people, however, are abusing the system and you know it. Case in point. I am speaking from experience on this so I know it is true. I am a small business owner and one of my employees quit to go work with a friend that paid more than I did. Good for him, I thanked him, shook his hand and told him he had a job with me if he wanted it back. A month later I get a letter from DLLR telling me he filed for unemployment because I fired him. I had documentation and they paid him anyway. I kept calling and they wanted nothing to do with my information. Sick of this crap. Too many people on the government teat.

• Anonymous on January 27, 2017 at 8:10 am

You’re not larger than the system. Just because you had one employee that did this to you doesn’t mean that the whole system that made this a Great Country should be destroyed. You said that he was a good worker pay him more.

• Anonymous on January 29, 2017 at 9:25 am

Didn’t say I was. I just know, from personal experience, there is corruption in the system and no one seems to care. You obviously don’t mind your tax dollars funding these liberal programs that breed corruption. As for paying employees more, I pay what the market allows. It’s called capitalism. You should try it sometime.

• WTF on January 27, 2017 at 8:05 am

Did you turn in your free phone and unicorn?

20. Mike on January 26, 2017 at 7:55 am

Alternative fact, run for office on replacing jobs that the last Republican administration destroyed and then start a hiring freeze. Love the alternative facts.

• deplorable on January 26, 2017 at 8:27 pm

Your triggered snowflake.

• WTF on January 27, 2017 at 8:10 am

Is your last name Gump?

21. Mike on January 26, 2017 at 8:02 am

Sounds like a lot of alternative facts on this site. If your doing with so much less in the private sector maybe its because your not a very good business person. Don’t take it out on everyone else .

• Crack is whack on January 26, 2017 at 11:41 am

Get off your high horse and go back to 3rd grade English, you need a refresher. “You’re”

• Anonymous on January 27, 2017 at 8:00 am

Contractions are sometimes difficult for us ignorant folk. I guess I shouldn’t respond if I’m not sure of the spelling. However I do know that I would never be rude enough to correct anyones spelling on one of these sites. Are you the grammar master on this site ? Oh maybe I’ll just continue to respond and you can go —– yourself.

22. Andrew on January 26, 2017 at 8:31 am

Paid political operatives should not be on these sites without at least admitting that they are being paid to say these things. Comet pizza? You’re a sneaky little rat.

23. Anonymous on January 26, 2017 at 8:47 am

You think that no-one works as long or hard as you do, so your solution is the US government should have a hiring freeze? That may sound like a valid economic policy to you but its only an alternative fact in your dim dark world.

24. Anonymous on January 26, 2017 at 9:46 am

Will the Senators and Representatives also loose their health insurance when they repeal the Affordable Care Act ? Will they replace it with the same insurance that they have? Are they entitled to better insurance than the citizens they represent?

• Crack is whack on January 26, 2017 at 11:44 am

They already have better insurance. Conservative look at the facts and come to conclusions. As in, all of these people that wanted to pass Obamacare, refused, vehemently, to be included. If it was such a good deal, why did they make sure they were able to have their own special health insurance??? If its not good enough for them, one could conclude that it isn’t good enough for us. Liberals didn’t see it that way for some reason. In the mind of a liberal, obamacare is the best thing ever, and if conservatives change it in any way, even if they make it better, the sky will fall

• Anonymous on January 27, 2017 at 8:45 am

This liberal thinks that the Affordable Care Act is the only thing that millions of our fellow Americans could afford. I agree that it wasn’t the Cadillac policy that these congressmen have but at least it was something, and now they want to take even it away. In the meantime they keep their top shelf, everything paid for, them and their families. Its not a liberal or a conservative issue, its unfair and hypocritical. Conservatives won the election on abolishing the Affordable Care Act, not improving it. Or is this another alternative fact?

• Anonymous on January 29, 2017 at 9:27 am

“We will work with your insurance companies to lower your premiums by up to $2500 a year.” What the ACA did do, was screw the people who were already doing the right thing by making them pay for those who weren’t.

• Anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 8:03 am

Would you mind saying which right thing and making them pay for those that weren’t? Do you mean that no one else paid??? Deplorables really are STUPID. We can ALL call one another names can’t we little fingers? Did you vote for the donald because he called people names and made fun of them is that what you like?

25. Anonymous on January 26, 2017 at 11:14 am

Lets build a wall along the Mexican border just like the Russians did in Berlin. This president wants our country to follow Russia’s FAILED policies.That way maybe Vladimir will like him and he’ll be able to build lots of hotels and golf courses in RUSSIA.

• WTF on January 27, 2017 at 8:12 am

Bill’s a Rapist

• Anonymous on January 27, 2017 at 10:36 am

I would call the ACA a failed policy. But maybe you are OK with paying 45% more in premiums. I for one, am not.

• Anonymous on January 27, 2017 at 2:09 pm

You lie, lie, lie like the rest of the Republican Party. You can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time. You can’t even come close to proving that 45% premium increase, alternative fact, but the truth doesn’t matter to you or the rest of the phony trump supporters. Please feel free to prove the 45% premium increase then I won”t call you a phony and a liar.

• Anonymous on January 29, 2017 at 9:31 am

Fact. My healthcare costs in 2008 were $148 every two weeks. That’s $296 a month for a family plan. I am now paying over $300 every two weeks. So, yes I am not paying 45 % more. I am paying over 100% more.

• Anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 8:04 am

Alternative facts?

26. Anonymous on January 26, 2017 at 11:15 am

Successful business does things for people not to them.

27. Anonymous on January 26, 2017 at 11:21 am

How much is the Republican gathering in Philadelphia costing the American taxpayer. Are they staying at a Trump hotel ?

• WTF on January 27, 2017 at 8:13 am

Not as much as Obama Vacations did

• Anonymous on January 27, 2017 at 2:22 pm

Obama didn’t do things to people he did things FOR people. I suspect that the bought and paid for by lobbyist republicans in Philadelphia are conspiring on things like how to torture people, take their insurance, discredit the press,ruin our relationship with Mexico and thats in just one week. How blind are you? Forgot to mention NATO,re-charging the Nuclear Arms Race etc,.etc.,etc.

• Anonymous on January 27, 2017 at 10:37 am

Get over it already. The sooner you accept that he is the President, the sooner we can move on. I guess you were OK with us flying Obama all over the country to play golf and raise money for other Democrats? Please don’t be a hypocrite, it doesn’t look good on you.

28. Anonymous on January 26, 2017 at 11:30 am

Lets hope Trump doesn’t send Russian troops to Chicago.

• Shauna on January 27, 2017 at 11:03 pm

Or Waldorf for that matter! Might be a good idea though.

29. Anonymous on January 26, 2017 at 11:53 am

Time for you to go Hoyer….you are outdated. As a 32+year Got employee, I see both sides of the coin. SOME in Govt overworked and underpaid …. then there are those that somehow manage to come in late, take two hour lunches and wander from desk to desk talking everyday. They are only part of the problem; the rest of the problem are the managers who allow them to get away with it.

• Anonymous on January 27, 2017 at 9:15 am

Steny Hoyer has been good for Maryland and the Country. Southern Maryland has prospered while he helped to lead the Country. Lexington Park and the base have provided thousands of jobs to people living in southern Maryland.

• ltowntaxpayer on January 27, 2017 at 3:09 pm

Baloney!! The people who have made the base prosper have been the people working at the base and getting the job done. Once they started moving other bases to Pax, it would have been extremely difficult to close Pax down. Hoyer wasn’t our congressman until AFTER BRAC had started moving other bases to Pax. And if he did anything to sway the BRAC process – he broke the law. BRAC was put in place because Congressmen and women couldn’t/wouldn’t decide to close obsolete bases.

• Anonymous on January 28, 2017 at 5:21 pm

Why do republicans continue to tell bold faced lies?

• Ura Douche on January 27, 2017 at 4:18 pm

–” Steny Hoyer has been good for Maryland and the Country. ”
        Are you mental??
        This is the same idiot that voted for the rain tax. I’m sure the kool-aid was tasty, but put the glass down. (there’s a tax on it too)
        Your Obummer phone is now your alarm clock, snowflake. Sorry for your luck, but it’s time to get a job. Welfare is not a career.
        You ARE what is wrong with this country. You are welcome to leave, the egress is to the South.

• Anonymous on January 28, 2017 at 5:17 pm

Steny Hoyer has been good for Maryland and the Country.

• Ura Douche on January 28, 2017 at 7:43 pm

And by “Maryland” you mean his own pockets, and by “Country” you mean himself?
            tax tax tax.
            You obviously are not from this country. Only a moron would vote for $teny or Owe’Malley. Both taxed us to the point that business had two choices; leave or close.
            With the new President not 10 days in office – gas is already down .10 per gallon and dropping.
            Our republican Governor is working to strengthen businesses, not destroy them with taxes.

Wake up.

You have won the Douche of the Year award, and January isn’t even over yet. Congratulations.

• Anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 8:15 am

The lies that Ura Douche continues to shout serve only his own purpose which is pulling the wool over everyone’s eyes. Ura thinks he shouldn’t have to pay taxes but we tried that with Bush. Reduce taxes fight 2 wars. It resulted in world wide depression. THATS THE TRUTH. The government doesn’t work that way ECONOMIES don’t work that way. Hell,small really doesn’t work that way. You are against education and you refuse to accept history.

• Ura Douche on February 2, 2017 at 8:20 am

So, you are saying you LIKE to pay for the rain?
            There is a tax in the senate right now for the sunshine. (adding more taxes to your energy bill) you REALLY want to continue to pay more and more and more to the democrats? Gov Hogan is making this a better state without raising taxes, without adding new taxes. This state and this country need to be run like a business. Wake up, snowflake, there’s a participation trophy waiting for you.

• Anonymous on January 27, 2017 at 10:38 am

Perfectly stated.

30. Anonymous on January 26, 2017 at 8:50 pm

Does this effect US postal employees? The monopoly on PO boxes must be worked around.

• Anonymous on January 27, 2017 at 10:38 am

What monopoly?

31. Hans Solo on January 27, 2017 at 8:49 am

How about freezing Steny in Carbonite? Works for me! May the Trump be with us!

• Anonymous on January 27, 2017 at 11:56 am

Now that sounds like an intelligent remark. Deplorable=not really very smart. Read about some basic economics before destroying a billion dollar market.

• Anonymous on January 27, 2017 at 12:01 pm

Now that sounds like an intelligent remark. Read about some basic economics before destroying a billion dollar market. How many people do you think his latest action with Mexico will put out of work? Would he be doing this if his clothing line had not failed and he was still out sourcing jobs to Mexico ?

32. Anonymous on January 27, 2017 at 11:27 am

Lets add ignorant and extremely slow to deplorable.

• Ura Douche on January 28, 2017 at 7:44 pm

Go keyboard commando!!

Sit down, snowflake.

33. Anonymous on January 27, 2017 at 11:51 am

In a matter of a few days trump has been able to destroy this countries relationship with one of it’s closest neighbors over paying for and building a meaningless wall. Mexico is our third largest trading partner. Somehow trump supporters think that its a good thing. What good is going to overshadow the damage that he has already done. How has he helped anyone ?

34. Anonymous on January 27, 2017 at 3:16 pm

The Mexican people are starting to boycott American goods and going against American businesses like Starbucks and McDonalds. There goes the market. Is this wall really worth it ?

• Shauna on January 27, 2017 at 11:04 pm

Or Waldorf for that matter! Might be a good idea though.

• Juan Valdez, Jr. on January 27, 2017 at 11:06 pm

Ahh, YES, amigo!

• Anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 3:29 pm

Time for trump to lead with what little brain he has and not his hair.

• Ura Douche on January 28, 2017 at 8:58 pm

“Is this wall really worth it?”
      Wow. Thanks. I needed a good laugh.
      Lets start with you, snowflake. You don’t need to lock your house or your car, do you? But you do. Faithfully. Every night. Why? Why make it harder for the thieves to get in? Just welcome them. Turn off all of the lights (so they feel secure). Don’t lock your door (so they don’t have to make any noise or break anything to come in). Make sure you have milk and cookies on the
      table every night. ( thieves get hungry, too)

Tell me how well that works out for you and I can stop the wall. Seriously. I know people that know people. It can happen. But YOU take the first step. Stop locking your doors, windows,
      cars, etc. After you lose EVERYTHING to thieves. Lose it all again. Thieves don’t care about you. They only care about what will meet them once they are inside. Will there be violence or not?

SO…. A Mexican boycott of American businesses in Mexico. Amazing.

That’s not surprising.
      402 Starbucks in Mexico.
      21,366 on the planet.
      That leaves – 20,964
      Oh yeah, the Mexicans are going to put Starbucks clean out of business….

Oddly enough –
      also 402 McDonald’s in Mexico (must be across the street from every Starbucks)
      36,615 on the planet.
      That leaves – 36,213
      Yup…. What will we do when McDonald’s folds because of 402 stores in a third world country?

Tell me, again, how the Mexicans are going to crush our economy by boycotting us?
      Especially when they keep leaving their incredibly crappy country to come to ours??
      804 stores employ thousands of Mexican citizens. Adding millions of dollars (pesos?) to their economy. THEIR economy. Boycotting American businesses – in their own country – hurts THEM.
      Not us. Boycott American business in America? Wait. huh? They aren’t supposed to be here in
      the first place. That’s a non-issue. Shhhhhh Don’t tell them!

Go ahead, argue that there are so many illegal aliens that it would affect the economy. Go
      ahead. I’ll wait.

Done?

Yeah. Hmmm If there are SO many here that they can influence multi-billion dollar industries
      by a simple boycott, tell my why they couldn’t swing the election? Ha ha ha.

Thanks, sheeple. You are screwing yourselves as usual. If you believe everything you hear
      without checking the facts for yourself, you will always be led around by a leash.

Baaahh
      Baaahh

I knew a Democrat once. I hit him. He went to return the favor when I reminded him that HE SAID violence is not the answer and that he wouldn’t use violence.
      So I hit him again. This went on until he realized that coddling violence does not stop violence.
      Violence does not stop violence. However – When you realize AND understand that your violence
      will be met with equal or greater violence, it makes one think before using violence.

The United States is closing its borders, not because we hate the people outside of them, but because we love the ones INSIDE of them.
      I lock my doors at night. I don’t hate the people outside. It’s because I love the people
      INSIDE.

If any of this offends you, then I am quite pleased.
      If you learn from this and open a book to check your own facts not from one source, but from
      all sources, I am really happy.
      If you realize that we, as a country, cannot feed, clothe, house, coddle, and pay for every
      person on the planet that doesn’t like their own country. AND that WE as a country need to
      raise ourselves and take care of every American BEFORE we fix the rest of the world, I’ll
      call you – Brother.

• Anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 6:54 am

Republicans like you are delusional enough to think your violent aggression will scare other countries. The world is past that. You can’t just keep making up lies. It toke about one minute for almost every country in the world to reject your simple minded policy. Maybe Russia will approve but we all know what’s going on there.

Why do you have to bring up hitting people? I don’t think your that tough. On top of that Donald acts likes he is some tough guy. Everyone knows how LITTLE his hands are. My 115 pound wife could kick his a– and probably yours also tough guy.

• anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 10:59 am

You are a moron liberal who totally ignores facts.

• Bill Cantanelli on January 30, 2017 at 9:43 pm

That would be cheaper than building one around your momma! Just say’n..,,

• Ura BIG Douche on February 5, 2017 at 11:48 am

I’m quite pleased, miss keyboard commando. (and it’s you’re for you are, not your)

You speak of “violent aggression” by the republicans when it was unemployed democrats like yourself that were rioting in D.C. during the Inauguration. I guess you don’t think smashing windows, setting fires in the street and burning vehicles is violent aggression. I’m guessing veiled threats to the President and the White House by those overpaid dancing monkeys called “entertainers & actors” are just for fun?

I’ve heard enough from you little crybabies. The adults have come home and it’s time to pay the babysitter. Just remember you and your party are calling for violent aggression against Republicans. We’re ready. What are you going to attack us with? Binkies, bongs, and dildos?
          And tell me what type of woman lets her 115 pound wife handle her fights?

We’re not trying to scare other countries. They are not used to fearing the U.S. because of the reign of children with empty threats.

When the U.S. was feared as the greatest Super Power on the planet, we got things done. Our economy was never stronger. We made everything we needed, we didn’t farm our jobs across the border. Henry Ford and Thomas Edison didn’t ask China to invent the car or the light bulb, they did it themselves and they did it in the United States.

China built a wall 2000 years ago. The mexicans haven’t gotten past it yet.

As usual you have no facts to stand on and are only scared more by the facts presented. Thanks for the rent free space in your head. It’s very roomy in here.

HAHAHA

• Anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 3:38 pm

Taking Americans health care, inciting Muslims,insulting the pope, groping women and then bragging about it, making fun of physically handicapped people, calling latinos rapists,wasting billions of dollars on a wall and tricking the American people into paying for it, etc.etc.etc. How does this help any American let alone every American?

35. Ura Douche on January 27, 2017 at 4:06 pm

With a party change – and a retirement from public service – I could begin to not loathe this animal.
    STOP blocking common sense measures that are meant to help the citizens of Maryland. Only a self-serving egotistical megalomaniac like yourself can look at himself in the mirror everyday and not vomit. If you left office abruptly by accidentally falling from a great height, the citizens of this state would not mourn your loss. They would be unhappy that they would have to clean up the mess you left behind. Your legacy is a garbage pile.

36. Tooth Fairy on January 27, 2017 at 11:09 pm

Interesting, a big steaming worthless turd, with nice teeth!

• Anonymous on January 29, 2017 at 9:16 am

Steve Bannon needs to take a BATH. Bannon’s personal hygiene says a lot about his life and demeanor. He sure isn’t a clean neat marine. He should have enough respect for the American public to take a BATH.

• Anonymous on January 29, 2017 at 9:19 am

You criticize Hoyer for being CLEAN. Should we all be as dirty as Bannon.

• Dr. Seussman on January 29, 2017 at 8:54 pm

Sounds like Brannon might have touched your no no square. Call your buddy Steny he will save you!

• Anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 8:25 am

What are you talking about, can”t you republican hate mongers see that the majority of the American people are against you?

• Bill Cantanelli on January 30, 2017 at 9:43 pm

That would be cheaper than building one around your momma! Just say’n..,,

• Sharon Tucket on January 30, 2017 at 9:48 pm

Silly Liberal! Your fantasy world has crumbled and your unicorns have fled the barn. By the way, Hillary LOST! The good people of this country spoke loudly and flushed your turd leaders.

37. Anonymous on January 28, 2017 at 7:24 am

Republicans are haters which is why you have no business in public office. On top of your hatred and jealousy you lie. You don’t just bend the truth you mutilate it. You are the self serving selfish entitled big babies that cry and complain because someone is helping others with the taxes you probably didn’t pay. You act like you speak for the citizens of Maryland but you’re just a whinny disrespectful little big baby that lies. Its interesting that you like to use words like VOMIT why don’t you site FACTS and strategies instead of talking about throwing up. LIES and REGURGiTATING now there is a republican for you. Is your name Ricky Santorum, he likes to throw up.

• Anonymous on January 29, 2017 at 9:34 am

“If you like your doctor, you can keep him.”

• Anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 6:48 pm

If you like your little hands you can wash them.

• Ura Douche on January 29, 2017 at 3:46 pm

– ” selfish entitled big babies that cry and complain ”
      I seem to recall Democrats with binkies sitting on the floor in our Capital because they didn’t get their way. wah wah

I seem to recall democrats violently rioting in our Nations capital and crying because they didn’t get their way. wah wah.

We ARE working very hard to pay our taxes and support the animals on welfare as a career.

WE were not promised free phones and free education and free healthcare by our leaders because they KNOW someone has to pay for it. Democrats think free education for everyone is a good idea. Tell me, who pays the teacher if their classes are free? me? hell no. Who pays for the maintenance of the buildings? oh, wait… another tax.. good idea.
      The ” You are paying for my kids college because you don’t have kids ” tax.
      The ” You have to pay a tax because someone else doesn’t want to ” tax?

How about this… you want college (that’s a place where you learn things) join the armed forces. They will train you, educate you, and THEN pay for college when you leave!! It’s a win win.

Scared of the big scary guns the military uses? Join the Marines. They’ll coddle and hug you and let you know it’s going to be o.k.

• Anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 7:28 am

How about the maybe if you understood about how education benefits everyone including Ura Douche, even if you don’t have children TAX. It’s not the rest of the worlds fault that you can’t see the benefits of education and that the government might use part of your taxes. What makes you think you should be able to tell people to join the armed forces when you probably didn’t even serve. You’re simple minded and you can’t see the long term benefits because you are DEPLORABLE.

38. Anonymous on January 28, 2017 at 7:26 am

DEPLORABLE= STUPID+HATEFUL

• Ura Douche on January 28, 2017 at 9:08 pm

Uh.. Stupid + Hateful = Stateful

Where did you learn to add, Mexico?

• Anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 11:46 am

Dip sh-t deplorable.

• Anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 11:48 am

The D.S.D.’s!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 6:49 pm

Add that.

39. Steve on January 28, 2017 at 7:57 am

You Dems and Liberals LOST! Get over it having a free Obama phone was no big deal Trump’s gonna get you a JOB and you can stop spewing the wack jobs talking points. Is not bending over for the Dems gotten old. Pray to your phony Leader “Ankles Clinton” SMUCKS!

• Ura Douche on January 29, 2017 at 3:51 pm

I can agree with this entire statement with the exception of calling them “SMUCKS”
      C’mon.
      If you’re going to insult these children, at least spell it correctly.
      It’s SCHMUCK
      Call them a SCHMUCK and it’s a perfect statement.

Rock on.

• Anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 7:06 am

You and your new leader like to call people names?

• Anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 2:29 pm

D.S.D.’s

40. Anonymous on January 29, 2017 at 8:37 am

What’s going on in this country is EVIL.You and trump are hurting innocent people. If you support trump you are just as bad as he is.

41. Anonymous on January 29, 2017 at 10:25 am

If a Muslim ban is what makes this country great again then your idea of great is really evil.

• Charles Lockwood on January 29, 2017 at 9:00 pm

What Muslim ban? You have been misinformed by CNN, again. Relax and smoke your hookah pipe, Abdullah, hopefully you will meet your fantasy 72 virgins real soon. Assa layma drop dead!

• Anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 7:16 am

I’m not misinformed. You are a LIAR.

• Jacob Ennis on January 30, 2017 at 8:43 am

STFU Hillary and just go away, take Mohammed with you!

• anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 11:16 am

It’s not permanent and it’s from under 10 violent all muslim countries take a look at how all those Syrian refugees in Germany and France are behaving,this is a real threat what is wrong with protecting our country until we get a better system in place? It’s not all muslims, or permanent. Get out of here with your bs you liberal piece of $hit. Time to make America Great Again and if you don’t like it, try going to a muslim country and see how you’re treated, go sympathize with them. America is first now cupcake

• Anonymous on January 31, 2017 at 7:14 am

It’s not below you to go low enough to attack a religion. Only scared little runts behave that way. Scared little men can’t force decent Americans to hate and re-act basesd on fear because we aren’t afraid of you or them. Cowards can’t lead, can’t you see the problems little hands is having on a daily basis. Lie your way out. of that!

• Anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 6:50 pm

Alternative facts indeed.

• Anonymous on January 31, 2017 at 7:15 am

Only cowards lie.

42. Anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 7:40 am

Tech companies, every star at last nights screen actors guild ceremony, the pope, demonstrations all over the country every week but the deplorables still can’t see the writing on the wall your 2 minutes will soon end.

43. Anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 1:29 pm

Disrupt the whole world, turn our friends into enemies and he hasn’t helped one person. All so a millionaire whose father gave him what he got can act like a tough guy. What else has it accomplished.

44. Anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 2:44 pm

Even though the Ravens stadium renovation is costing the state 24 million dollars the governor still supports ticket price increases. This is really too much, use OUR taxes to re=build the stadium then charge us more to get in because its a better stadium. I love the way republicans think.

45. Anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 3:23 pm

A law suit was just filed in Virginia on the Muslim ban. This ban is blatantly in violation to the 1st amendment of the constitution. Get ready to pay these Muslims the Millions of dollars that they deserve in compensation. Republican bigots just went through this with native Americans and African Americans. The Germans are still paying the Jewish people 70 years later. The bigots never learn. This isn’t how trump should spend our tax dollars. Come on now.

46. Anonymous on January 30, 2017 at 6:46 pm

The left is now re-energized thank you MR. LITTLE HANDS !!!!!

• Johnny Appleseed on January 31, 2017 at 12:05 am

Not so fast! It would take a difibulator to reenergize your robotic leader Hillary. Sorry we had to give you libs a reality check, but America spoke, you just don’t get it, comrade!

• Anonymous on January 31, 2017 at 7:01 am

Everyone is starting to denounce Little hands, thousands of state department workers are signing a petition. The deplorables are abandoning trump, look what happened to NAZI supporters, bigots get what’s coming to them. Time to run little boys.

47. Anonymous on January 31, 2017 at 7:37 am

With trump as commander and chief 2 old ladies with bows and arrows will be able to beat the mightiest military in the history of mankind.