Lusby Man Arrested for Possession of Cocaine

March 9, 2017
Eric Walsh, 20, of Lusby

Eric Walsh, 20, of Lusby

On March 3, 2017, at approximately 9:30 p.m., Deputy A. Moschetto of the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office observed a vehicle being driven erratically by crossing over the solid line multiple times, speeding up and slowing down.

Moschetto conducted a traffic stop at Wood Acres Court/S. Solomon’s Island Road, in Prince Frederick. and made contact with the driver, Eric Walsh, 20, of Lusby, who was visibly shaking, had red glassy eyes and dilated pupils.

Deputy S. Moran and his K9 partner, Jano, arrived and conducted a K9 sniff of the vehicle. K9 Jano gave a positive alert for CDS. A search of the vehicle revealed a clear plastic zip lock bag with white powder (cocaine) in the center console. Walsh was arrested for Possession of Cocaine and transported to the Detention Center.

Eric Walsh, 20, of Lusby

Eric Walsh, 20, of Lusby

Eric Walsh, 20, of Lusby

Eric Walsh, 20, of Lusby

23 Responses to Lusby Man Arrested for Possession of Cocaine

1. Anonymous on March 9, 2017 at 9:25 am

And people wonder why we get so angry at junkies. Driving high could easily lead to tragic consequences.

• Anonymous on March 9, 2017 at 7:17 pm

Thanks captain obvious.

• itsjustme on March 10, 2017 at 10:01 am

I wonder whether a tie-die shirt gives probable cause for a stop.

• M Verdin on March 10, 2017 at 6:27 pm

Yeah I know what you mean , I lost my little sister to a zoned out driver who crossed the center line by 5 ft. And the the driver had just let the pharmacy with a cocktail of pain killers and benzodiazepines. The driver who will remains nameless had Narcotics in her system at the time of the accident and was charge with a few minor driving citiaions. The driver continues to drive the roads of Calvert to this day as my sister is six feet under and her 4 young children have no mother. So to my neighbors of CALVERT stay vigilant and drive safely because we have DRUGGED driver on our roads!

2. Casey Jones on March 9, 2017 at 9:33 am

Driv’n that train, high on cocaine!

3. AliceW on March 9, 2017 at 9:46 am

I would think Jano would alert to just the shirt!

• Joe on March 10, 2017 at 8:39 am

My thought exactly. In some jurisdictions, tie dye t-shirts constitute a confession

4. Big Cookie on March 9, 2017 at 10:20 am

Why oh why do we have so many white trash idiots that get high and drive? They endanger so many of us. Taking their driving licenses doesn’t do any good. They still drive. Our judges need to help by putting these folks in jail. Even if only for a month or two. It might deliver a message!

• Anonymous on March 9, 2017 at 7:18 pm

Because blacks don’t? Don’t forget 12% of the population is responsible food over half of violent crimes..

• Charlie Heston on March 12, 2017 at 8:24 pm

Food? Are you saying they eat the other segment of the population, or, the other 12% segment eats them? Has the apocalypse started, or have you been dipping into the Soylent Green?

• Big Cookie on March 13, 2017 at 9:41 am

And this matters why? This was not a violent crime.

• Anonymous B on March 10, 2017 at 8:36 am

I agree, they call druggies “non violent offenders” when they get busted but that doesn’t make them any less dangerous to the rest of the public. I have seen the results of accidents caused by drunks and druggies, they seem pretty violent to me.

• Anonymous on March 10, 2017 at 6:44 pm

Same reason we have black trash idiots driving high, cuz they choose too and yes it is a problem. I agree consequences are a need but in today’s society u can murder someone and get no time or have a record 20 miles long and still wonder the streets. Our judicial system sucks PERIOD… Why is color always brought into a situation. O, and by us you mean your ethnic group only rite.. Dumb racist f.

• Kelly Catron on March 12, 2017 at 2:00 pm

I don’t agree with drug dealers or breaking laws but the posts on these pages shows the readers here are not too intelligent. Not too mention kind, unrascist, biased. well thank goodness this guy is not overweight or they would be fat shaming him.
        I would like to know who all you beautiful anonymous posters are, You must be perfect.

• Anonymous B on March 13, 2017 at 8:04 am

Maybe not perfect but definitely not selfish like junkies are. They put everyone at risk by driving high, they waste tax money by committing illegal acts or abusing taxpayer funded recovery programs, and they ruin their own families. If that isn’t selfish I don’t know what is. Lastly, don’t give me that disease BS. It is no secret that this junk is addictive and dangerous yet they are the ones who decided to inject themselves for the first time. It is like they are taking a syringe full of AIDS and injecting it right into their veins. Would you feel sorry for someone who voluntarily injected themselves with AIDS even after they were told it will eventually kill them?

• Kelly on March 18, 2017 at 3:35 pm

I have opinions about “junkies” too. I dont’ agree with what they do.
            Ive had pain , death etc and myself and loved ones been terribly hurt by drug users. But its not all black and white.
            I just think we could think a little and make intelligent comments.
            Thank you.

• Trish Brown on March 14, 2017 at 2:46 pm

Please stop posting, you just make yourself look worse. I mean 5ft 4 and 200 lbs, yikes! Plus, you are just a professional victim, who wastes the courts and society’s time. Go on up to Wawa and help yourself to some of their huge donuts, you know you want to. Don’t worry about this news page, as long as derelicts like you are out there, we will have plenty of good laughs. Don’t eat angry!

• Kelly on March 18, 2017 at 3:37 pm

You are very silly honey. Sorry I think I’ll continue to discuss and post here. Who knows maybe I’ll learn something.

5. Anonymous on March 9, 2017 at 2:06 pm

Deputy moschetto? Wasn’t that years ago???? I fig you’d hmu bit you just as bad wtf evrr…He ain’t been deputy In long ass time whatever

• wondering on March 10, 2017 at 7:25 am

What were you on when you wrote your comment?

• Bob Lob Law on March 10, 2017 at 10:27 am

We need a translator over here STAT.

• Anonymous on March 10, 2017 at 12:49 pm

What? Please get back to school and pay attention this time. Or better yet, take that ghetto speak and move somewhere else.

6. Kelly on March 18, 2017 at 3:32 pm

Calvert County PD has been on Live Pd all this month.
    The cops here do a pretty good job .
    Its rare to be mistreated by one, unless hes new or something.
    Oh lady Im not a victim , or a drug user, I dont’ drink.
    Im not overweight either. I have a good life and I’ll post whenever Im moved to.
    Your post didn’t make sense to me “Trish Brown” maybe you could explain?