Calvert County Sheriff’s Deputy Injured in Prince Frederick Car Crash

April 20, 2017

On Tuesday,  April 18, 2017, at approximately 4:45 p.m. Deputy First Class Timothy Mohler of the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office was on the shoulder of the road on the northbound side of Maryland Route 4, south of Old Field Lane in Prince Frederick.

He was seated in the driver’s seat of a marked Calvert County Sheriff’s Office vehicle.  Dfc. Mohler was completing paperwork from the previous traffic stop when his vehicle was struck from the rear by a van.

The van was operated by Mr. Robert Miller, a 74 year old male from Huntingtown.

As a result of the accident Dfc. Mohler was flown to Baltimore Shock Trauma.  Mr. Miller was transported to Calvert Memorial Hospital with minor injuries.

This investigation is ongoing, and charges are pending.  However, alcohol is not believed to be a factor in this crash.

Sheriff Mike Evans relayed, “Dfc. Mohler was released from Baltimore Shock Trauma and is resting at home.  We all wish Tim a speedy recovery.”

8 Responses to Calvert County Sheriff’s Deputy Injured in Prince Frederick Car Crash

1. Anonymous on April 20, 2017 at 9:23 am

He put #livePD… does that mean we can see the accident on Live PD in the up coming days?

2. Anonymous #13 on April 20, 2017 at 2:00 pm

Deputy Mohler: Lucky you were not standing outside on the traffic stop. Glad you’ll be OK. Thanks to all public service workers and 911 operators for what you all do 24/7.

3. Daniel on April 20, 2017 at 9:06 pm

Glad your okay too. I would suggest not running radar on the shoulder. You said it all. Theres laws preventing us from even driving past you when you have someone pulled over. Sounds to me like this could have been prevented unless when you say shoulder you mean a hiding spot off the highway. I know ya all dont make much but come on bra you got through school.

• Get that GED bro on April 21, 2017 at 10:59 am

What?!?!? It clearly says he was finishing paperwork from a traffic stop. He completed the stop, and was sitting in his car before leaving the scene of the traffic stop. Based on reading comprehension and grammar “bra”, I’ll just guess you didn’t make it through school…

4. mike larry on April 20, 2017 at 10:15 pm

Whip be do

5. UMMC Shock Trauma on April 21, 2017 at 10:40 pm

“Baltimore Shock Trauma???” Where is that?

6. Jennifer on April 22, 2017 at 9:08 pm

I am watching live PD from Friday night 4/21/2017 and I am listening to yo u talking to dan I am so glad u are ok god bless u and all u do to keep every one safe. I hope you get well soon and back to work. My family respect all police officers. I have a son Geoffrey 13 who is autistic and he loves police officers. God bless again to you and your fellow officers may they be safe.
    Jennifer,marcus and Geoffrey schrader lincoln nebraska

7. ... on April 25, 2017 at 7:34 pm

“I was rear ended while running radar on the shoulder”. Grammar bra? I am not concerned with grammar in an articles comment section and your obviously not interested yourself. Got to love the people that try to start arguments in every one of these articles. You have your opinion and I have mine. Im also glad to see he was ok. I just think they need to avoid the shoulders as much as possible. Four SUVs on the shoulder so they can film all for a tail light out is insane and I see it all the time. C u l8ter