May 19, 2017

Congressman Steny H. Hoyer released the following statement today after Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh joined with Attorneys General from more than a dozen states in moving to intervene in a lawsuit filed by House Republicans that undercuts the Affordable Care Act:

“I am pleased that Attorney General Frosh joined with his fellow Attorneys General in a motion to intervene in the lawsuit filed by House Republicans which seeks to undermine the Affordable Care Act. Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, hundreds of thousands of Marylanders now have quality, affordable health coverage.

“Attempts by President Trump and Republicans in Congress to end cost sharing reduction payments would adversely affect families not just in Maryland, but across the nation. These payments, established by the Affordable Care Act, make health care services affordable for millions of middle class families who would otherwise be unable to access care.

“President Trump and Republican leaders must end their efforts to sabotage the health care law, and instead work with Democrats to strengthen the law so that even more Americans can obtain quality, affordable health care.”

10 Responses to Hoyer Statement on Action to Protect Affordable Health Care for Thousands of Marylanders

1. Sam on May 19, 2017 at 1:47 pm

Rep Hoyer….As a registered Democrat, I am asking when you might be holding any open constituent meetings as have many Republican members of the House of Representatives?
    If you were to hold any open constituent meetings, would people you represent have free access to the meetings and to ask questions? Just asking, because the SEIU certainly packed your one meeting in SoMD per Obamacare and at an election-time debate held at St Mary’s College of Maryland. Can’t think of any other open constituient meetings you have held in Charles/Calvert/St Mary’s counties lately.

2. stgislander on May 19, 2017 at 2:27 pm

I can barely afford my wife and my premiums now, and the deductibles keep going higher and higher.

I’m going to ask my employer to fire me so my wife and I can get these Obamacare subsidies everyone is dancing about on TV.

3. Anonymous on May 19, 2017 at 3:30 pm

They need to look up the definition of affordable. My coverage costs me $2400 a year more and my deductible doubled. Basically I am paying way more for less coverage. How is this fare to me and the thousands of others who are now being financially raped so others can get their care for almost nothing. The new word for theft is subsidies and entitlements. Seems like the new way of thinking is to follow the rules, work hard, don’t break the law and you too can contribute to the pile of money that goes to those that don’t abide by the 3 things I just mentioned. Its a good thing I am such a good earner or my 2 kids, wife, myself, and 4 no work and no income families would go hungry and without healthcare. Who am I kidding, the government would let me and my family go hungry and die before they would the welfare folks.

4. Nikko on May 19, 2017 at 3:33 pm

If the Obamacare is so great, why is he not on it? No good enough for any members of the corrupt government officials we have in DC. Hoyer should resign, he is totally worth othing for his constituents.

5. M. Davis on May 19, 2017 at 3:44 pm

I seriously doubt the congressman has, to this day, read the legislation hes talking about.

6. Ted Nugent on May 21, 2017 at 7:28 am

Keep voting him into office people. This a$$hat will be in that seat until the day he dies.

7. Anonymous on May 22, 2017 at 6:13 am

Spendy you so crazy, your days are numbered crook

• Ted Nugent on May 22, 2017 at 12:14 pm

Is he sick? That’s the only way he’s giving up that seat. For as much as everyone complains about him, Mike Miller and Mike Busch, all 3 will be elected easily.

8. Jimbo on May 22, 2017 at 10:59 am

With whose money? With the tax money from the ones that can barely afford it in the first place, Makes no sense. I was dumb enough to vote for you in the past.

9. GetBack on May 22, 2017 at 11:50 am

Just keep voting for the “party” Marylanders!

Don’t bother looking into anything for your selves.

Let these Dems do ALL your thinking for you.

ObamaTit has died on the vine but it’s OK.