UPDATE: Stabbing Reported in the Chesapeake Ranch Estates

September 11, 2017

UPDATE from the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office on 9/11/2017 @10:15 a.m.:  On Sunday, September 10, 2017 units from the Sheriff’s Office responded to Ropeknot Road in Lusby for a report of a stabbing.

When the deputies arrived they located two male victims with stab wounds and began immediate lifesaving efforts.  One of the victims was transported by ground to CMH and the other was airlifted to PG Shock Trauma.

Police are actively investigating this case.

If anyone has any additional information please contact Detective Wells at 410-535-1600 ext. 2595 or wayne.wells@calvertcountymd.gov.

9/10/2017: Deputies from the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office are actively working an investigation on Ropeknot Road, in Lusby.

First responders arrived on scene to find one patient with multiple stab wounds.

A helicopter has been requested to the scene to transport the victim to an area trauma center

Police are looking for 2 SUVs 1 red and 1 green with black male occupants, if seen  call 410-535-2800

65 Responses to UPDATE: Stabbing Reported in the Chesapeake Ranch Estates

1. Jackie Hance on September 10, 2017 at 7:29 pm

This is news? Happens all the time in that ghetto development!

• Concerned citizen on September 11, 2017 at 6:55 am

Not all of the Chesapeake Ranch Club is ghetto…I have lived here for 24 years and have never had an issue…

• Anonymous on September 11, 2017 at 9:18 am

I agree. No issues for us in the Ranch Club.

• Anonymous on September 11, 2017 at 10:08 am

MOST of it is ghetto. I lived there for over 10 years and hated every minute of it. Moving back across the bridge is the best thing I’ve ever done.

• Gary B on September 11, 2017 at 11:27 am

Been here almost 20 not one problem

• Alice on September 11, 2017 at 12:17 pm

I have lived here 28yrs last month and never had more than loud party in Neighborhood! Seems this stuff is happening in the best of areas anymoe.. people stopped having God in their lives and this is what happens.

• Anonymous on September 11, 2017 at 8:51 pm

Yep!

• Freddie on September 11, 2017 at 7:23 pm

You just haven’t been stabbed yet. Stand by…….

• Gary B. on September 12, 2017 at 5:16 pm

I have no reason for anyone to stab me. So that statement make no sense at all.

• cheywolf on September 11, 2017 at 8:56 am

It wasn’t always a “ghetto” only when CRE was forced to open it up to everyone. Then it became a ghetto.

• NICOLE on September 11, 2017 at 6:46 pm

Lol. And you live where?

2. Malcolm Ex on September 10, 2017 at 8:16 pm

black male occupants, – c’mon man. No way! I’m SHOCKED!!! Shocked I say!

• didendonuffin on September 11, 2017 at 9:02 am

At first I thought it was the violent Amish

• Anonymous on September 11, 2017 at 1:02 pm

there was about 12 of them fighting in the front yard. And they all had a dark skin tone.

3. SRS on September 10, 2017 at 8:40 pm

Not surprising.

4. Anonymous on September 10, 2017 at 8:41 pm

2 patients. One fatal

• Anonymous on September 11, 2017 at 8:22 am

Good. maybe the street will be quiet again.

• NICOLE on September 11, 2017 at 6:38 pm

Maybe world will have some peace when you drop dead.

• Nicole on September 11, 2017 at 6:54 pm

Maybe society will have peace when you drop dead.

• Ben Matlock on September 12, 2017 at 1:05 pm

Say it one more time.

5. SRS on September 10, 2017 at 8:45 pm

Not surprising, When you buy a house in this development, it should come with a warning label. Feel sorry for the people that buy there and don’t know any better.

• Jackie Hance on September 11, 2017 at 9:14 am

Concerned citizen would disagree! Probably leaves vehicles and house unlocked too! “Never had an issue”……

• SRS on September 12, 2017 at 11:59 pm

Nephew bought a house there – all he could afford – regrets it already (1 yr) – he can’t wait til he can afford somewhere nicer for his kids.

• Anonymous on September 11, 2017 at 11:25 am

Man the crap people have to say about The Ranch Club is ridiculous. People act like stuff like this would never happen in any other community in Calvert County. I have lived in The Ranch Club for almost 20 years and no when I purchased my house I did not get this so-called warning label. Everytime something happens here or White Sands or Drum Point is the ghetto. I guess people in those high dollar neighborhoods in Dunkirk don’t commit acts of violence, because they do, but they’re not “ghetto”. If you don’t like it here get out. Not directed at SRS just to anyone in general.

• Anonymous on September 12, 2017 at 7:49 am

Your experience doesn’t represent all of CRE, you fail to recognize this.

• SRS on September 13, 2017 at 5:46 pm

Don’t need to move, I live in Huntingtown. Have lived there for 45 years. There is trouble in the Ranch Club, have heard complaints from people I’ve known there for the past 25 years. Doesn’t mean it’s all bad. I’ve also heard people who are happy with the place. You’re always gonna have more trouble when you crowd people in a bit. Hate to say it, but it’s true – Steny Hoyer’s Section 8 ruins everything. ( Don’t even say it’s racist – 1.white people are on section 8 also. 2.have heard black people complain of section 8 also). People who get free rides don’t usually respect where they live. The next section 8 should be in Steny’s neighborhood.

• Anonymous on September 11, 2017 at 11:46 am

it’s the thugs from DC & PG county moving down that are causing the issues.

• Anonymous on September 11, 2017 at 1:41 pm

It is a big community, not all bad. Saying it is all bad is like saying Lexington Park is all bad. I know a couple millionaires that live in the outlying areas of Lexington Park. I also have 2 bosses making really good money that live in CRE and they have never had any issues. All large communities have their low income sections and where you have low income residents you have a higher percentage of crime and criminals. This is why Bernie Sanders plan to put low income housing in amongst the middleclass and upper middleclass housing is a terrible idea. This would only result in creating more victims of crime and not in encouraging the lower class to better themselves.

6. Anonymous on September 11, 2017 at 8:31 am

A PG County family moved into CRE in Nov 2016, the Wife & Kid left him in March 2017. All summer long their has been arguments and fighting at the house. Now it finally caught up to them.

7. Gary on September 11, 2017 at 8:31 am

Probably could eliminate 90 percent of the crime in the hood if HOA didn’t allow section 8, don’t piss your pants, I know the story, “Don’t blame me, I’m on section 8, and I didn’t do it”. I bet you know who did though.

8. Anonymous on September 11, 2017 at 8:42 am

12 black dude scuffling in the front yard… one guy pulls a knife out, another guy pulls a gun out. more pushing and shoving, guy shots, guy stabs then homeowner fire a shotgun at the crowd of people.

Multiple people hit by the shotgun pellets; the guy who pulled the gun was stabbed and ended up dying.

• Anonymous on September 12, 2017 at 4:00 pm

Pure animals

9. Anonymous on September 11, 2017 at 8:48 am

There are 4000 plus homes in the ranch club…considering the large population there will be some crime. Lived here for over 6 plus years and know my neighbors well and haven’t had any issues.

• Anonymous on September 11, 2017 at 6:42 pm

So as long as there are a lot of houses that makes crime OK? LOL That’s some stupid logic right there.

10. Anonymous on September 11, 2017 at 9:13 am

I’ve lived in the ranch club for many years and love it here. There will always be bad things like this that happen in any development with that many houses. I do that no one that lives near me is ghetto!!!

• SRS on September 13, 2017 at 6:00 pm

There’s trouble makers there, but you’re right, you can’t judge everybody on that. Most people there are decent people and no one considers them ghetto. I blame Section 8 and affordable(free) housing on most trouble in Calvert County. Never saw the trouble like we have now until Hoyer shoved Section 8 up our a$$es. People don’t respect their home when they don’t work for it.

11. Anonymous on September 11, 2017 at 9:23 am

they moved in over the summer from PG County… not surprised something happened at that house.

Thank god a stray bullet and/or the SUVs didn’t run over one of the several young children playing the road.

12. Anonymous on September 11, 2017 at 9:23 am

and this was over a football game.

13. True on September 11, 2017 at 10:48 am

? Do you sleep with your front door unlock. Bet you don’t. Crime can happen anytime in any development.

14. Anonymous on September 11, 2017 at 11:47 am

rumor has it… 1 thug is dead now.

• NICOLE on September 11, 2017 at 6:42 pm

Rumors have you run your mouth a lot.

• Ben Matlock on September 12, 2017 at 1:08 pm

Are you related to the turds that were fighting? You seem like you want to defend their actions.

• Nicole Elizabeth Higgins on September 12, 2017 at 7:10 pm

Maybe I am, maybe I’m not. Sounds like You contribute to society’s problem.

15. Anonymous on September 11, 2017 at 3:10 pm

I have lived in CRE for 10 years now and have no complaints at all. There is crime in all neighborhoods, doesn’t mean the entire neighborhood is ghetto. Ranch Club is far from ghetto and from my opinion a nice place to live near the beach.

16. Anonymous on September 11, 2017 at 3:19 pm

The problem is the liberal judges are not putting these thugs in jail,until we get new judges on the bench it wont change.Protest these judges because they are putting our families and kids at risk.Just look how many times you see a person on here for committing a crime and their case search,you will be shocked at how many times they are arrested and no to little jail time.Its a joke.

17. NICOLE on September 11, 2017 at 6:42 pm

Every single one of you are contributing to society’s problems.
    Maybe the world will have a slight bit of peace, when you all drop.

18. NICOLE on September 11, 2017 at 6:49 pm

Everyone wants to run their mouth but stay anonymous. Grow balls.

• Anonymous on September 12, 2017 at 8:05 am

You sound triggered. Put the keyboard down and slowly step away from the computer.

• Not Nicole on September 12, 2017 at 8:38 am

The street was quiet before the they moved in. The guy who died brought a gun to a knife fight and lost.

• Toddddd on September 12, 2017 at 12:18 pm

What makes you any less Anonymous? Are you the only NICOLE in this whole county? Maybe you should take your own advice.

• Nicole Elizabeth Higgins on September 12, 2017 at 7:09 pm

Nicole Elizabeth Higgins happy?

• Ben Matlock on September 12, 2017 at 1:09 pm

Says “Nicole.” Post your real name…..I’ll wait.

• Nicole Elizabeth Higgins on September 12, 2017 at 7:28 pm

Hi I’m Nicole Elizabeth Higgins. Nice to meet you! How was your wait? I hope I didn’t make you wait too long! Have a an amazing day!

19. Nicole on September 11, 2017 at 6:53 pm

I can guarantee ALL of you sit back and wonder why society is the way it is. Well look at yourself. Look at what you say to bad choices. Bad paths of life. Instead of praying for their loved ones, and praying those loved ones choose a different path. So don’t question society when you’re the problem.

• Anonymous on September 12, 2017 at 11:09 am

Society is the way it is because people dont raise their kids properly,dont involve their kids in church,let them run wild while the parents are out partying,dont discipline their kids and judges dont give these criminals jail time when the do break the law.

• Wut? on September 12, 2017 at 12:16 pm

So if I pray hard enough, people will stop being criminals???

• Ben Matlock on September 12, 2017 at 1:11 pm

Let’s see. I didn’t get in a fight over a football game. I didn’t pull a gun. I didn’t stab anyone. I didn’t fire a gun in the air. Oh, and I didn’t refuse to cooperate with the police. I am definitely not part of the problem. It’s enablers like yourself that condone this type of activity.

20. Kwill on September 11, 2017 at 9:26 pm

Shocking to hear all of the blackaphobia comments. I have been in SOMD for 12 years now and I have seem some ghetto white people. Stuff happens all the time in every hood. Even the predominantly white hoods. Praying for the victims family.

21. Not Nicole on September 12, 2017 at 8:40 am

Well the thug’s mom has created a GoFundMe page for pay for his funeral expenses.

• Ben Matlock on September 12, 2017 at 4:29 pm

Nicole, can we put you down for a hunnit?

• Asdfg on September 19, 2017 at 11:27 pm

Clap back of the year lol

• Nicole Elizabeth Higgins on September 12, 2017 at 7:17 pm

And the affects you how? It doesn’t. His actions were not his mothers. You can raise your child the correct way, but you cannot make them choose the right path.

• G on September 19, 2017 at 5:38 pm

Mara is plenty to blame for her sons upbringing and actions. Let’s start off with the man she was married to for years who treated both of her boys like crap. I’m ready Nicole let’s argue

22. Gary B. on September 12, 2017 at 5:19 pm