Bicyclist Struck on Three Notch Road in Lexington Park

January 10, 2018

On Tuesday, January 9, 2018, at approximately 8:45 p.m., police, fire and rescue crews responded to a report of a motor vehicle accident involving a bicyclist, on Three Notch Road in Lexington Park, in the area of the Toyota dealership.

Crews arrived on scene to discover a bicyclist laying in the roadway after being struck by a Honda passenger vehicle.

The cyclist was medevaced to an area trauma center by a Maryland State Police helicopter, that landed at the scene.

Witnesses said the cyclist was wearing dark clothing and bike did not have any lights or reflectors on it.

Police continue to investigate.

19 Responses to Bicyclist Struck on Three Notch Road in Lexington Park

1. Nick on January 10, 2018 at 10:21 am

I can’t begin to tell you how many times a pedestrian or bicyclist came right in front of me out of no where! Every time it is when it is dark out. Not once did they have on a piece of light or reflective clothing.

Drivers are responsible for their actions. It should be the same for pedestrians/bicyclists as well.
    I don’t want to be responsible for someones accident or death.
    You need to make sure we can see you at night.

• Anonymous on January 11, 2018 at 10:18 am

They choose to wear dark clothes, enabling them to fade into the shadows…making them harder to see before and after committing illegal acts.

They ARE responsible for their owns actions. Hit one J-walking, or on a bike at night with no lights…you won’t be charged with anything…related to the accident.

• Roy Fedders on January 15, 2018 at 2:48 pm

235 is simply too dangerous to ride a bike on. It has been for quite some time. I am not sure why the State continues to allow this when the possibility of loss of human life would exist. Therefore, is the State trying to tell us that the “right” to be in a small bike lane out weighs “common sense” of a known area to be too dangerous for bicyclists? At some point, common sense should prevail.

2. TellItLikeItIs on January 10, 2018 at 12:18 pm

Who cares? It’s not like the Police do around here! People use the left turn lanes and traffic merge lanes like they are the Autobahn around here and LEO does nothing about it. If it doesn’t involve a speed trap or sobriety checkpoint, they simply couldn’t care less!

• Big Cookie on January 11, 2018 at 3:36 pm

To: TellItLikeItIs,

If you don’t mind, and with all due respect to your opinion, I’d like to point out that you are a stupid Jackass.

3. Flounder on January 10, 2018 at 1:33 pm

That’s what they get for not wearing reflective gear

4. Curious Neighbor on January 10, 2018 at 1:37 pm

I have seen a man riding his bike on 235 at night, weaving almost like he wanted someone to hit him. Wondering if this is the same person.

5. Lateffa on January 10, 2018 at 2:37 pm

STOP RIDING BIKES ON 235!!!!

• Anonymous on January 11, 2018 at 10:27 am

It’s as legal as driving a car.

• cheywolf on January 12, 2018 at 8:29 am

It may be legal but not wearing the correct gear or having your bike with the correct gear is a danger to all. Cars weigh 44 lbs they don’t stop on a dime. Use some common sense.

• Anonymous on January 12, 2018 at 6:14 pm

Care weigh 44 lbs? What kind of car do you drive

6. Family on January 10, 2018 at 3:35 pm

This is my nephew and I love him but he is as dumb as a box of rocks.

• Nick on January 11, 2018 at 10:37 am

I hope he will be OK.
      I have to admit, you gave me a chuckle this morning.

7. Anonymous on January 10, 2018 at 4:13 pm

Play stupid games win…well, you get the idea.

8. geroge on January 10, 2018 at 4:36 pm

The bike was conducting stealth ops

• Anonymous on January 11, 2018 at 9:10 pm

Honestly it seems like that I passed right by the scene it was terrible

9. Anonymous on January 10, 2018 at 5:59 pm

They are branching out. These riders are normal from Lancaster Park all the way down Great Mills Road.

10. Joe on January 12, 2018 at 10:53 pm

I hope he’s alright

11. Anonymous on January 15, 2018 at 10:57 pm

That’s why I always had flashing lights on the front and back end of my bike when I went night-riding around here. If someone in a vehicle hit me it would be very clear that it was done on purpose and/or the driver was too high, drunk or stupid to notice a multitude of bright flashing lights ahead.