April 10, 2018
Prince George’s Police Officer Charles Williams

Prince George’s Police Officer Charles Williams

Prince George’s Police Officer Charles Williams has been suspended with pay.

Williams returned to Maryland Monday night after being charged with 1 misdemeanor count of resisting arrest without violence in Miami Beach Sunday night.

Williams has been with the department for nearly three years and is assigned to the Bureau of Patrol.

The Miami Beach Police Department said Williams was arrested early Monday after he tried to interfere with officers who were breaking up a fight in the 900 block of Ocean Drive.

Miami Beach police said Williams ignored repeated warnings to step away from the officers. At one point, Williams flashed his police badge, Miami Beach police said. When an officer pushed Williams back with his hand, Williams became angry and took a fighting stance, Miami Beach police said.

33 Responses to Prince George’s County Police Officer Suspended for Resisting Arrest in Miami Beach

1. Whyte Ryder on April 10, 2018 at 4:33 pm

That’s what happens when you lower the hiring standards.

• Malcolm X on April 10, 2018 at 9:11 pm

They had to. No one wants to do that job anymore. I can’t imagine why.

• weusall on April 11, 2018 at 6:27 am

Don’t you have some “whyte” sheet’s to iron or something ?

• AliceW on April 11, 2018 at 8:10 am

or let them out to go to the big city. But it was a good cross training exercise and character builder.

2. Adam 12 on April 10, 2018 at 4:35 pm

You see that flash of light in the corner of your eye? That’s your career dissipation light. It just went into high gear.

• research on April 11, 2018 at 11:22 am

Backdraft quote…Nice..

3. Anonymous on April 10, 2018 at 6:09 pm

Who would hire this thug pos in the first place. Just look at him. Man, PG must be beyond desperate.

4. anonymous on April 10, 2018 at 7:08 pm

See how Easy it is to get a “Resisting ARREST” CHARGE, EVEN A pOLEEECE OSSSSaFIR can get one.

• Dosmom on April 11, 2018 at 6:52 am

He shouldn’t have been resisting arrest. See how easy it is to NOT get a charge of ANY kind?

• anonymous on April 11, 2018 at 2:11 pm

It’s a very very subjective Charge, they, also made a “Choice” to not charge him with any else. I guess as the old saying goes, “discretion is the better part of valor,” maybe Ofc. Williams should have taken the same tact.

• Anonymous on April 11, 2018 at 8:06 am

Its even easier to just say yes sir and no sir then call your lawyer when they take you to the station. He made a bunch of decisions that night according to the police report. If he didn’t stick his nose into a fight he wasn’t originally in, if he would have walked away when he was first told to do so, if he had of walked away when the officer pushed him back, or if he would have obeyed any of the officers commands this would have been a non issue.

5. Anonymous on April 10, 2018 at 8:21 pm

Bet he said he dindu nuffin.

6. Score Keeper on April 11, 2018 at 6:17 am

Miami 1

PG 0

7. stupidpeoplemakemesick on April 11, 2018 at 7:28 am

No glass houses here, huh? Perfect people for a perfect world.

• Bill Jenkins on April 11, 2018 at 9:25 am

Yep! You are definitely a snowflake. We can “see” that perfectly……

8. Dont Taze Me Bro on April 11, 2018 at 8:11 am

Let me guess. He din do nuffin. He was scared. And we dont know his struggles. That should just about justify all of his actions.

I guess some folks just cant behave and listen to instructions from law enforcement. Even black cops cant comply. Its amazing to me. “Dont approach the officers, stand over there, and be quiet”. That seems pretty easy to understand. Nothing too complex going on. You would think a cop would understand the situation and make it better, not worse. Especially in a chaotic scene like this, responding to a fight. They need people to listen, understand, and obey their commands so they can get the situation taken care of, quickly, so they can move on to other things.

9. Anonymous on April 11, 2018 at 12:22 pm

“you got rested in another state……….” “Ahhh, go ahead and have a free day off, with pay boy, you deserve it………. humph! teach da man………”

10. dopehater on April 11, 2018 at 12:24 pm

What is it that makes you feel he is a thug pos by looking at his picture? That comment is just as stupid as the person making it. I will answer my own question. You are a prejudice redneck (not a good ole boy regular redneck that loves peach, country music and loves the old fashion, earthy way of living like me). You look at a picture of a black man and automatically think thug pos. Look in the mirror you idiot. See the hypocritical, bias, prejudice pos looking back? That’s you not him.

• Kelvin Butler on April 11, 2018 at 9:52 pm

Nah, he’s a straight up thug, even Stevie Wonder could see that. You just need to face the reality of the situation. BLM? nope, not even to each other.

• Miami Vice on April 12, 2018 at 7:25 am

Thanks KB.

I would have said same thing… but the editor frequently removes my posts.

You definitely nailed it.

Pictures may not always portray the person’s character.

But this one DOES!

• Adam 12 on April 12, 2018 at 7:02 am

Nope. Looking at a POS who let his police ego get the better of him. He should have stayed out of whatever was going on and laughed about it later. He’s an idiot who will now in all likelihood lose his job. As a police officer he should know better.

11. Anonymous on April 11, 2018 at 6:55 pm

Fool!

12. Anonymous on April 12, 2018 at 7:36 am

I swear the white people that comment on here are the most racist in Maryland.

• Malcolm X on April 12, 2018 at 10:34 am

Funny thing is that when I comment, it never asks me for my race. My question is how do you know what race people are by their comments? Please tell me the PowerBall numbers for this weekend. Thanks in advance.

• Anonymous on April 12, 2018 at 12:25 pm

Exactly Malcolm x! Its easy to figure who is white by their comments. 100% of the time the whites make racist comments. It’s not rocket science. By the way Malcolm x; you are white.

• Malcolm X on April 17, 2018 at 2:13 pm

Because only whites can be racists, right? Idiot and guess what? I’m not white.

• Anonymous on April 18, 2018 at 11:57 pm

Black people can’t be racist

• Rob Stark on April 12, 2018 at 10:44 am

When all else fails, or you have no real arguments to make, yell racism! It’s what you do!

• anonymous on April 13, 2018 at 6:18 pm

I hate everybody equally. There is racism and there is reverse racism both can be inclusive or mutually exclusive, depending upon the situation. What I really can’t stand (hate) are people that can’t think for themselves! Also, I’m prejudice – I just don’t discriminate; everybody has the same chance to fail, in my eyes.

• Malcolm X on April 17, 2018 at 2:14 pm

What is “reverse racism?”

• anonymous on April 17, 2018 at 2:54 pm

I’m prejudice – I just don’t discriminate; everybody has the same chance to fail, in my eyes, well you failed stalker.

13. Anonymous on April 12, 2018 at 4:10 pm

“…The officer responded by restraining Williams by striking Williams in the chest while simultaneously knocking him to the ground with a “leg sweep” kick.”

Ninji cops in Florida…Hi-Yah!

14. Anonymous on April 16, 2018 at 7:01 pm

The officer is trained to react to a situation. Even if it’s in another state. My question is how can he be charged with resisting arrest only? He had to be told that he was under arrest for whatever law that he broke and in doing so, resisted. That did not happen here. The officer told him to get back, true. If he didn’t get back, then the officer could have arrested him for failing to obey a lawful order. The officer didn’t. Instead, the officer assaulted him by hitting him in the chest and then delivered a leg sweep. The officer still hadn’t told him he’s under arrest. How can you arrest someone for resisting arrest if he hasn’t been told he’s under arrest? I think he should get a good lawyer and sue. He has a good case.