Shooting at Stop Sign With Slingshot Ends in Drug Arrest for St. Leonard Man

June 13, 2018
Michael Hedges, 35, of St. Leonard

Michael Hedges, 35, of St. Leonard

On June 6, 2018 Calvert County Emergency Communications broadcasted a look out for a vehicle with two male subjects inside that were seen shooting a stop sign with possibly some type of slingshot or paintball gun in the area of Catalina Drive and Thunderbird Drive, in Lusby.

Deputy Gott of the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area and located the suspect vehicle and initiated a traffic stop in the area of Rousby Hall Road and Sharon Drive, in Lusby. Deputy Gott made contact with two subjects inside the vehicle about why they were being stopped and confirmed they were the subjects that used a slingshot to shoot a stop sign in the Chesapeake Ranch of Estates.

Deputy Gott identified the driver as Michael Hedges, 35, of St. Leonard and advised him a K9 scan of the vehicle would be conducted. The K9 scan resulted in a positive alert, and a search of the vehicle resulted in narcotics.

Hedges was placed under arrest and transported to the Calvert County Detention Center and charged with CDS: Possession-Not Marijuana (Oxycodone).

Michael Hedges, 35, of St. Leonard

Michael Hedges, 35, of St. Leonard

104 Responses to Shooting at Stop Sign With Slingshot Ends in Drug Arrest for St. Leonard Man

1. Behind The Hedges on June 13, 2018 at 9:45 am

At 35 – Living in the CRE – How does one pass the time? Shooting signs, of course.

The ink works to the neck correctly assign this skin head to the lowest class of trash.

• Anonymous on June 13, 2018 at 12:19 pm

It’s not that I don’t agree but he he is from ST LEONARD NOT CRE!It’s stated in the story and headline

• Allison on June 13, 2018 at 10:48 pm

He ain’t even from St Leonard, he’s from Bryans Road smh

• Anonymous on June 13, 2018 at 3:11 pm

He is not trash thank you nor is he a skin head don’t judge before you know someone

• Anonymous on June 13, 2018 at 5:45 pm

He absolutely IS trash. I know who he is & the fact he can’t help himself but to live this life style. He’s steals, manipulates and lies to everyone he knows. If you’re his friend, help him, don’t defend him.

• Adam 12 on June 13, 2018 at 6:56 pm

If he is running around destroying property and doing oxy at 35, yes he is trash.

• Charles on June 13, 2018 at 9:44 pm

He has neck tats, that alone classifies him as trash. Therefore we judge.

• William Bond on June 13, 2018 at 10:17 pm

Yeah but he should have never gotten out of jail when him and his buddies beat an elderly man to death what do you call that sunshine

• Anonymous on June 15, 2018 at 11:31 pm

That’s my cuz he is one of the nicest people you would meet. He would not hesitate to help anyone

• Anonymous on June 19, 2018 at 8:05 am

… except the elderly man mentioned in the above post?

• Anonymous on June 13, 2018 at 3:40 pm

I would really like to see the type of person you are passing judgement on somebody for making a f****** stupid decision I know this man personally he takes care of his kids he works all the time and he is a good person so what he shot at a f****** stop sign don’t act like you have never broken the law this is what happens when people say skinhead piece of trash are you much better of a person?? Yes what he did was Dumb and childish but people make mistakes

• Sit Down on June 13, 2018 at 5:54 pm

Please don’t attempt to defend him, case search tells his story. He’s a liar and a theif. He’s ALWAYS been this way. He looses jobs left and right because of his drug problem and priorities which is ALSO why he DOESNT have his children. Can you explain how doing drugs is taking care of your kids? HE RARELY EVEN SEES THEM, CHILD SUPPORT (That is, when it’s actually paid) ISNT JUST TAKING CARE OF YOUR KIDS. If you know this man, time to be his friend and help him get help. Otherwise, please sit down and kindly jump off his nuts. He’s trash, no I’m not grouping all addicts as trash, just specifically this idiot.

• Adam 12 on June 13, 2018 at 6:56 pm

And the oxy??

• Publius on June 13, 2018 at 7:14 pm

Yeah, like getting inked.

• James on June 13, 2018 at 7:24 pm

Really come on now stupid is as stupid does. Family man doesn’t do this he’s at home taking care of family.

• Anonymous on June 13, 2018 at 7:36 pm

I guess the ones defending this man child is forgetting that he had narcotics in his vehicle??

• Anonymous on June 13, 2018 at 7:54 pm

Shame on you for trying to give this thug a excuse. He should go to prison for 5 years. People need to start being taught lessons. Excuses and slaps on the wrists get them no where. He will just keep doing it. Remember drugs are a choice he chose them over his own kods. Horrible.

• Anon on June 14, 2018 at 10:32 am

People that make mistakes usually don’t continue to get arrested. They learn that “first time.” Maryland case search says otherwise. Looks to me like he continues to make bad CHOICES, not mistakes. Why does he have to work all the time? Is it because he can’t find a decent, regular 9-5 job that pays enough because of all of his “mistakes?” Heck, the neck tats alone limit you. And if he was such a good father, he would’ve thought of them FIRST before he decided to possess the Oxy. Heck, it also looks like he doesn’t keep up with his child support, so your statement makes no sense. As for the sling shot, it’s dumb but he is 35 years old. Grow up. And “no”, I will not get off my high horse on this one and I’ve never been arrested either. Have a splendid day!

• Anonymous on June 14, 2018 at 3:58 am

First off if you dont know him keep your negative assumptions to yourself. The tattoos have NO SIGN if him being a skin head because he is far from it.. People always want to judge a book by the cover an dont know shyt about their story. Sticks an stones baby sticks an stones!!!

• Gray on June 14, 2018 at 6:53 pm

If you’ve ever read a book, there is an narrative on the back cover that tells you what the book is about. Everything that I can physically see tells me a story about him. Back cover reads tats all over give him limitation when it comes to employment (never make it to corporate world). The inside reads of a 35 year old still doing childish things, drugs come before his children and no stranger to judiciary system.

The ending could read with full determination/commitment from him, he can become a productive member of society and family man. A very different outcome then his current situation. One can HOPE.

• Anonymous on June 16, 2018 at 7:29 pm

I’m not judging by his cover, im judging from his criminal record, you stupid loser. Birds of a feather.

2. n on June 13, 2018 at 9:49 am

You are 35 years old, it’s time to grow the hell up!

3. Brobi Wan Kenobi on June 13, 2018 at 9:57 am

dude, you are 35 years old, riding around doing kid stuff, get your life together, out here trying to be Dennis the menace..

4. Anonymous on June 13, 2018 at 11:51 am

don’t you want more for your life…?

• Anonymous on June 13, 2018 at 12:09 pm

What more can anyone expect with that nasty crap all over his neck. Most jobs that require people to interact with customers or the public don’t want this as the face of their organization unless you work in a tattoo parlor or motorcycle shop. Even the tattoo parlor might reject him because they don’t want anyone thinking that nasty work was done at their shop.

• Michael Hedges on June 13, 2018 at 1:05 pm

Yes, I want to shoot Interstate signs also…

• Annoynmous on June 13, 2018 at 4:14 pm

Lol

5. Anonymous #13 on June 13, 2018 at 12:41 pm

at least it wasn’t with a gun. Probably doesn’t know how to load one.

• Anonymous on June 14, 2018 at 1:05 pm

No…Probably a felon and not allowed to possess one.

6. Anonymous on June 13, 2018 at 1:48 pm

Who are y’all to judge how one lives their lives.? So what, he shot a sign with a slingshot, I’m just happy to hear it wasn’t another overdose or murder.

• Anonymous on June 13, 2018 at 7:24 pm

He was arrested on a narcotics charge. Not too many steps from an overdose.

• Anonymous on June 13, 2018 at 7:37 pm

Happy to hear it wasn’t an overdose. Sure, but did you miss the part that said he had narcotics in his car???

• Otis Scorpio is Ozzie Nelson personified on June 14, 2018 at 11:57 am

Well, many of us are people who don’t break the law. Others of us, if we do break the law, are not stupid enough to get arrested for slingshotting paintballs at road signs while we’ve got drugs in our car. He should go to jail for stupidity alone.

And please, neck tattoos are ALWAYS a reliable indicator of both cr@p judgment and contact with the penal system, so let’s just stop pretending that he’s an upstanding citizen.

• Anonymous on June 14, 2018 at 6:09 pm

Wasn’t another overdose YET.

7. Greg Ross on June 13, 2018 at 2:31 pm

How does a dog alert to oxycidijf?,?(

• Greg Ross needs medical attention STAT on June 14, 2018 at 8:02 am

Did I miss a joke, or did you stroke out on us at the end?

• Anonymous on June 14, 2018 at 1:07 pm

Lol!!! Right?

• Charles on June 16, 2018 at 7:03 am

Stroke? Lmao

8. Concerned on June 13, 2018 at 2:46 pm

Better dress like Mort from Bazooka Joe IF he ever goes on a job interview!

9. Ashley E on June 13, 2018 at 3:01 pm

A slingshot though?! This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever read. It’s a damn slingshot! Not a gun. Although, the fact that they found oxys doesn’t surprise me and is a completely different story.

• Anonymous on June 13, 2018 at 6:58 pm

Maybe you’d feel different if they sling shot a something at your house or car. Correct? It’s always easy when someone else is the victim.

• Anonymous on June 14, 2018 at 1:11 pm

Ashley doesn’t get that her tax dollars are what covers the cost of replacing damaged signs…maybe she would if someone was standing directly in front of her collecting the money from her pocket.

10. Just wait a minute on June 13, 2018 at 3:22 pm

1. He is not a skinhead , not all bald people are.
    2. Not all neck tattoos wearing people are trash.the drugs aren’t good , buth en uou have to consider all the closet junkies that do worse than shooting signs with a paintball.
    3. Does he need to grow up ? Yes..

• Wait for what? on June 18, 2018 at 6:41 am

1. What looks like a skin head – is a skin head. He obviously wishes to identify with them, since he is mimicking the appearance. Balding “by choice” is not the same as going bald naturally.

2. YES – since all neck tattoos look trashy and associate the wearers with the low life segment of society’s bottom feeders – They ALL ARE trash – and this one is the poster child.

3. If a person has not “matured” by 35 years of age, they are not going to. It hints that the problem is not in growing up – but in choosing to remain a life-long looser.

11. J from Mech on June 13, 2018 at 3:25 pm

That was a stupid thing he did. He is a good kid making a dumb decision. He does come from a decent family and is well liked by many. I’m sure he is regretful and has a lot to answer to including himself.

• J is an Idiot on June 13, 2018 at 6:59 pm

Kid? He’s 35. Good lord.

• Sj on June 13, 2018 at 8:11 pm

Yeah, 35 isn’t a kid…..hasn’t been for about 20 years.

• Charles on June 13, 2018 at 9:47 pm

Those neck tats certainly don’t help his case any.

• Anonymous on June 14, 2018 at 7:37 am

Maybe that is the problem, people around him still consider him a kid at 35. He sure acted like a punk kid on this incident. Does he, or you, or anyone around him that night know that a single shot rifle bullet can travel over 2 miles? Does he care that the taxpayers are on the hook for the cost of the sign? Most 35 year olds think before they act, maybe he should try that from this point forward.

• He a good keeeed on June 14, 2018 at 8:06 am

35, “a good kid”, something not adding up. Yes he is acting like a kid, but 35 is triple the age that comes to mind when I think “kid”

12. MATRIX on June 13, 2018 at 3:37 pm

skin head with nothing to do but maybe go out and GET A JOB

13. Malcolm X on June 13, 2018 at 4:34 pm

Neck tats=loser.

• . on June 14, 2018 at 8:07 am

^ This ^

14. SMCboy4life on June 13, 2018 at 5:54 pm

Even if he was a good local guy doing something stupid not thinking about he waa going to be caught. He does drive around with oxycotton pills and have neck tattoos. I have a hard time believing he is a productive member of society… but then again who in the Chesapeake Drug Club is???

15. Anonymous on June 13, 2018 at 5:55 pm

He’s not even from St Leonard, him and his family actually do alot for people . He’s just a hard working, Goofy , fun person. It’s who he is and always has been. Y’all have your depression and anxiety,he has to stay busy and keep his mind going

• Anonymous on June 14, 2018 at 10:59 am

good people?? look at his record does not look very good. How can people stick up for trash like this. Dude is 35 far from a child grow up and act like it. Time to be a man and take care of those kids you have before they turn out like you.

16. Anonymous on June 13, 2018 at 5:57 pm

Someone who would compare or consider themselves close to Malcolm X= Loser

• Malcolm X on June 14, 2018 at 5:50 pm

But I don’t have any neck tats, nor have I defaced property with a sling shot and paintballs. Oh, and I don’t mess with Oxy’s and have never been arrested. So there’s that.

17. Anonymous on June 13, 2018 at 6:48 pm

Mike come on man

18. Tattoo Mike 69 on June 13, 2018 at 7:34 pm

Glad all y’all made y’all’s opinions about me ,but if you don’t know what really happened then don’t run your mouth,and for your information I have a great job and ain’t going nowhere,I got arrested cause my pills I’m prescribed to were not in the right bottle with my name on i,they were in a clear orange bottle that I keep for when I go to work every single day, and on that note I’m not a pill-head I only take it when needed when I feel pain in my back other than that I don’t abuse drugs I don’t like pills but also at the same time I don’t like pain and when I’m in pain because I work my ass off you damn right I will take a pill I’m prescribed to him that’s what I’m supposed to do so that everybody that keeps running their mouth keep running it cuz it doesn’t bother me…

• Anonymous on June 14, 2018 at 12:18 pm

Spell check is your friend moron!

• Otis Scorpio is next in line to the British throne and has some bridges in Alabama for sale if you're interested on June 14, 2018 at 12:53 pm

Second best “I’m the hard guy in the mugshot and all you haters are hurting my feelings waaaah!” troll ever on this site.

So you have a back injury, but you’re not on disability (unlikely in SOMD) because you deal with the pain by taking oxycodone and shooting at road signs? Sure, that sounds plausible.

And those pesky prescription bottles. They don’t hold nearly enough pills, and when you’re stoned on oxy, it can be hard to get those child-proof tops off when you need another hit. So you’ll just put it in another pill bottle without your prescription info on it. So what if the cops will think you don’t have a prescription. You’re a tough guy; I can tell because you have a shaved head and a neck tat. You do what you want!

Yeah, that all sounds perfectly plausible to me. I’m sure that your defense attorney will bring all this up at trial. And in SOMD, he’d probably be able to convince a nitwit judge that it’s true.

• Anonymous on June 14, 2018 at 5:48 pm

We know what happened, it’s written above. Based on your past and this behavior, I would say you have some growing up to do. You have made very poor decisions in your life (like those stupid neck tats) and now you need to face them. Stay off the dope. You’re welcome.

• Anonymous on June 18, 2018 at 1:47 am

You are a loser drug addict plain and simple and have been for years..i know this to be a fact and everyone can look at your record for confirmation. You have excuses non stop but need to take a good look in the mirror.

19. Anonymous on June 13, 2018 at 7:50 pm

Anyone who says he is not trash is most likey a drug addict themself. You cant feel bad for someone who chooses that lifestyle. Simple as that. It is not a disease it is a choice. A disease is just a excise to give these low lives chances after chances.

• Anonymous on June 15, 2018 at 3:03 pm

It is actually in the DSM 4 handbook and substance abuse is clearly outlined by the medical community as a mental disease. I’m recovered for 4 years. You’re just being a jackasd.

• Jeff Spicoli on June 19, 2018 at 7:26 am

It all starts with bad decisions. End of story.

• DSM 5 Handbook - hardback version on June 19, 2018 at 10:43 am

According to the “medical community” all wrong doing – such as uncontrolled behavior, bad decisions, alcohol/substance abuse – is a “disease”.

That brilliant modernist diagnosis gets them patients and a solid income.
        It is also the main reason why criminals are unpunished, and crime is increasing daily.

Everyone with a grain of common sense knows that calling such a disease is BS!

Recovered? No – You just stopped. A little “slip” and you would be right back in the ditch. THAT is NOT a disease!

It is an addiction! In your case, it is hopefully one that you continue to fight and remain free from.

20. Anonymous on June 13, 2018 at 8:08 pm

So according to anonymous sources this individual is a good person who takes care of his kids and is a guy who made a mistake playing a foolish thing. Well sorry to be rude but it took him 15 years to begin to take care of his children and he still is a hit or miss taking care of his children and such a good person that totals his vehicle. Remind me again how good of a person he is?

21. CT on June 13, 2018 at 9:17 pm

Who tf cares? This news source is the scum of the earth. They blasted me and made me look like the worlds dumbest and to this day I hear about the article they posted abt me, yet I was found not guilty on all charges. They twisted and added all types of bs that was never in the police report to begin with. Heres an idea… wait until the conclusion of the trial before ruining people. Innocent until proven guilty? Not this website. Heres another idea.. Dont allow people to comment “anonymously”. Why allow them to be hidden if you are in the business of “throwing names out there”. Sorry this happened to you Mike. I know what your going through. BS.

• Buster Hyman on June 14, 2018 at 12:00 pm

Link to the story or it didnt happen…

• Otis Scorpio is pretty sure you had something to do with it on June 14, 2018 at 12:59 pm

“They” made you look like the *world’s dumbest? You had nothing to do with it then?

If you don’t like the anonymity on this website, stop reading the comments. Better yet, start up your own SOMD news site, and make everyone use their real names. Good luck with that.

And guess what? If you don’t want to have the p!ss taken out of you on websites like this, how about not breaking the law? Not guilty on all charges? So the police just arrested you for no reason? Mistaken identity? You dindunuffin? Just in the wrong place at the wrong time? Sure.

• JL on June 14, 2018 at 3:25 pm

News flash, CT is just as anonymous and Anonymous. If it makes you feel better my name is JL. This site only posts what the police give them in their report. As for the yahoo in this article, I won’t judge him on this incident. I will however judge him on the multiple other incidents he has been convicted of. Last I checked he was proven guilty in those cases.

22. TheTeller on June 13, 2018 at 10:06 pm

I love how you judgmental a$$wipes always have something to say, yet dont know the person yourself. Bit of advice here, dont throw rocks from a glass house

• Charles on June 16, 2018 at 7:07 am

His rap sheet speaks for itself…

• Adam 12 on June 18, 2018 at 4:35 pm

So everything in this story and case search is a lie? Got it. Enable much?

23. Anonymous on June 14, 2018 at 12:27 am

Such a hard working and stand up guy! Except that time in 1999 when he tried to murder someone in St Charles when they were jogging. How about the burglary in 2002? Everyone knows this guy is a loser. Has the rap sheet to prove it.

24. Anonymous on June 14, 2018 at 12:31 am

Loser. Always has been and always will be. Attempted murder in 1999 when he stabbed the jogger and burglary in 2002. The list goes on and on and on and on.

It’s all public info.

25. Richard Head on June 14, 2018 at 12:33 am

Check out his rap sheet. Great guy!

26. Anonymous on June 14, 2018 at 1:27 am

I have tattoos and have a full time job in the union probably making more money that you. Quick to judge someone by the way they look. Nicest people I no are covered with tattoos, yet the nasty mean one go to church every Sunday. Quit passing judgement on people you don’t no.

• Otis Scorpio has a pension fund that wasn't used by the mob to fund Vegas on June 14, 2018 at 12:01 pm

Can anyone tell us whether literacy is a qualification for union membership. I honestly don’t no.

• You're Welcome on June 14, 2018 at 12:02 pm

“KNOW”

• Mike on June 15, 2018 at 5:02 pm

The nasty mean no good people are both in church and wearing tattoos . There are bad people everywhere

• Charles on June 16, 2018 at 7:06 am

It’s know, not no. Good lord, you probably squeaked by in High School.

27. Louis Harris on June 14, 2018 at 2:12 am

But did you make the SOMD news , don’t comment if you cannot use your name your words have little worth. My first thought was , Let’s take some perocet’s , alright we feel amazing now but bored as all hell now what? Bro get the slingshot i got an idea it’s gonna be awesome. The comments though are dumber than what Mike did , i feel up to it , so ill give you an example. (most of the comment section) “let me strengthen my self image by saying grow up , get a job , stop acting like a kid”. What is more childish , strengthening your illusion of the image you have about yourself or shooting a stop sign with a sling shot.

• Anonymous on June 14, 2018 at 11:57 am

“What is more childish”. Taking drugs that you are not supposed to be taking and everything else on his case search. I would rather be telling someone to grow up and continue to go to my 6 figure job and live in a nice house and buy what I want because I followed the law and worked hard to get where I am then do stupid stuff like covering my neck in tattoos, doing drugs, destroying property on a Wednesday, stealing, assaulting people, and all the other childish stuff Mr. Hedges has done in his life. Lots of tax money has been wasted on his with all his choices that led to arrests.

• Next question on June 14, 2018 at 12:05 pm

The answer to your question:
      “Shooting a stop sign with a sling shot is more childish”

28. Peter Griffin on June 14, 2018 at 7:27 am

This fellow has quite a number of incidents on the MD Court website. Good person or not, it appears he has quite a bit a growing up to do. If he is a good parent, why is he out shooting at road signs and not at home with his kids?

29. Macho Man Randy Savage from the grave on June 14, 2018 at 8:09 am

After he makes an arrest, does Deputy Gott have a catch phrase? Like, he’s putting the putz in the back of the police car, and then he says “You just got Gott!”. Oooooooooooooh yeah!

• Anonymous on June 15, 2018 at 8:42 pm

ayyyyyyyy Gott ’em!

• Charles on June 16, 2018 at 7:05 am

Sounds like you know from experience

30. Anonymous on June 14, 2018 at 8:17 am

Everyone that calls him a skinhead is a god damm racist. Grow the hell up people, you probably sit around all day trying to think of ways to hate white people. And then call THEM the racist. Bunch of attention seeking babies.

31. Automatic for the People on June 14, 2018 at 12:45 pm

Michael Stipe really let himself go. I guess the R.E.M. reunion tour is on hold.

• Anon on June 14, 2018 at 2:48 pm

He lost his religion

• Mike Mills on June 18, 2018 at 4:35 pm

Apparently he went back to Rockville after being told not to.

32. Keytasha on June 14, 2018 at 8:04 pm

Typical Trump Deplorable

33. iMiteNoARealWunWenISee1 on June 14, 2018 at 10:09 pm

You are all a bunch of phony dorks. Mike keeps it real 100% of the time which is hard work and why he slipped up getting caught. As for things in the past they are the past bc it passed- not today anymore. Mile is a good human and will be president one day. Everybody here is a boted psycopath liar. Countrh bumpkins. Slander fiends. Nobody is as real as Mike 100% of the time. Dont act like you arent doing yoir pills either. At least Mike100% has a prascriptoin. If you never slang a slingshot qt bad street signs then screw u anyways. Nobody ecen likes the ranch club so why would he be arrested? You are all fakes. Me and Mike 128% real every day. See you in court losers. Now go to sleep cuz u losers have work tomorrow- LOL!

• Anonymous on June 15, 2018 at 4:12 pm

Genius!

• Jeff Foxworthy on June 15, 2018 at 9:27 pm

There’s your sign.

• Charles on June 16, 2018 at 7:04 am

Good lord, where did you learn how to speak English?

• Rob Stark on June 19, 2018 at 1:48 pm

Nowhere, apparently!

• Malcolm X on June 19, 2018 at 5:17 pm

This is the best post on this thread!

34. Anonymous on June 15, 2018 at 3:00 pm

Why the hell should any of you people be as so concerned about another person’s transgressions? Even to go as far as to look up his record to trash him some more. 90% of you don’t have a life. The other 10% are just trolling. In any event, it been said in so many ways before, but no one is righteous, not one. So he who without sin cast the first stone. Just don’t be surprised when someone throws one back at you.

35. Mike on June 15, 2018 at 5:00 pm

President ? Lmao not even a possibility with a record a few pages long .