Serious Motor Vehicle Accident Injures Five in Sunderland

July 5, 2018

On Tuesday, July 3, 2018, at approximately 6:15 p.m.,police fire and rescue personnel responded to Solomons Island Road, and Pushaw Station Road, in Sunderland for the reported motor vehicle accident.

Crews arrived to find multiple vehicles in the roadway involved in a rear-end style collision, with a total of 4 vehicles and 5 patients, with one subject trapped.

Two patients were flown to an area trauma center, and three patients were transported to an area hospital for evaluation.

Police continue to investigate the cause of the crash and updates will be provided when they become available.

11 Responses to Serious Motor Vehicle Accident Injures Five in Sunderland

1. Mayhem on July 5, 2018 at 11:24 am

This has “cell phone” written all over it.

• Anonymous on July 5, 2018 at 10:27 pm

Just because it is an accident doesn’t always mean cellphones are involved !!! My friend was seriously hurt

• Justin on July 6, 2018 at 5:47 am

Accidents happen and it could be for a multitude of reasons. Don’t just assuming it was a cell phone

• Rosco P. Coltrane on July 6, 2018 at 9:52 am

Ok, reading a book, putting on make-up, picking your nose or doing the Detroit lean, pick one because paying attention ain’t getting it!

2. JOE BLOW on July 5, 2018 at 10:19 pm

Hey look chop top boys. One was trapped and removed with the top still on. WOW!!! Imagine that

• werwe on July 6, 2018 at 9:33 am

well maybe they weren’t at risk of a neck injury in this one.

The experts on this page…..

• Anonymous on July 9, 2018 at 2:56 pm

It doesn’t matter if their are neck injuries or not. The fact here is, every time there is an accident in St.Mary’s county. Won’t mention any names here. But if the accident is in the park area. They jump at the chance to cut a top off. Back a few years ago. There was a minor accident where 2 pickup truck were involved. One hit the other on the driver side between the fender and the door. The door could not open. So they cut the roof off. And this has been a practice ever since then.

3. Anonymous on July 6, 2018 at 3:39 pm

anymore pictures?

• Christine Knott on July 11, 2018 at 10:11 am

Are you SERIOUS? I almost died in that accident!! You are a sick human being!!!

4. Roy on July 6, 2018 at 9:12 pm

60% of male drivers in MD check or use their cell phones while driving. 73% of female drivers use their cell phones in some fashion while driving. Yes, the person may have been distracted for some other reason or simply driving too closely, which is also illegal. However, cell phone distraction has been the most likely cause for most accidents of this type and for those that have “left the road for an unknown reason” or ” went in to the opposite lane of traffic for an unknown reason”

5. Christije on July 11, 2018 at 10:04 am

I was the individual that was trapped in the vehicle. And, for all of the those ignorant infividuals who posted they must have been on a cell phone, texting, putting on make up etc. YOU ARE ALL WRONG!! I, was heading to the supermarket (to be exact Nick’s) I was driving the speed limit, the radio was not on (because it had broken the week before as the fuse had gone bad). I do no text!! I find it extremely annoying!! I am old school. I’d rather talk to you face to face and I would be more then happy to supply MSP W/my cell phone records!! Because I was not on the phone. And, if I had been on the phone it would only be on it via hands-free. BMW’s it is a standard feature. So, instead of waistting your time saying nasty, Igorant things why not take the time to pray for everyone involved. Some of us have a very long road to recovery.

May God Bless and keep all of those reading this message and please be safe out there driving♥️♥️