Two Injured in Lexington Park Motor Vehicle Accident

October 10, 2018

On Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at approximately 7:20 a.m., police fire and rescue personnel responded to the intersection of Three Notch Road, and Hermanville Road, in Lexington Park for the reported serious motor vehicle accident with subjects trapped.

Crews arrived on scene to find one vehicle off the roadway into a pole, and the other vehicle in the roadway with the single occupant/operator trapped.

Crews extricated the patient of the minivan after approximately 5 minutes.

The driver of the Honda Odyssey was transported by ambulance to an area trauma center due to helicopters being down because of weather.

The driver of the pickup truck was transported to an area hospital with minor injuries.

13 Responses to Two Injured in Lexington Park Motor Vehicle Accident

1. TellItLikeItIs on October 10, 2018 at 2:21 pm

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen! Let’s get ready to play everyone’s favorite SOMD internet guessing game!!

“Obvious Cell Phone Use OR Lesser probable Medical Emergency!!!”

Brought to you by Re-Elect Cameron. Because if this had happened on a Sunday, it wouldn’t have happened at all!

Good Luck to all the contestants!

2. Wayne on October 10, 2018 at 6:22 pm

I went through this same intersection at 6:45am and Deb Rey (state delegate) was out waving at people like she has been. But in my opinion I believe 6:45am is way too early with the sun not even up too be out standing at a busy intersection trying to wave at every car.

Not a sermon just a thought.

• JOE BLOW on October 10, 2018 at 9:13 pm

If the driver was distracted by someone standing on the side of the road ? Then they should not be driving . Because that means they have a small brain. Can’t multi task

3. Bill on October 11, 2018 at 7:21 am

I”m pretty sure that this is the most dangerous intersection in the county. Seems to have more crashes than any other intersection, and virtually all of them on days when DEb Rey is NOT out there. Odd that Sheriff Cameron didnt want a red light camera here. Hmmm.

In any case, I think the mechanics and sightlines are what makes it so bad. Off axis sightlines, lack of turn only control, it’s just a crappy intersection and nothing short of a redesign will fix it, IMO.

• Anonymous on October 11, 2018 at 10:47 am

Its not mechanics, sightlines, or signals. It is simply people not paying attention or following the rules. Just yesterday, I was trying to make a left turn from SB 5 onto Indian Bridge. The signal turned to a green left turn arrow for me and even after a 3 count, I still had some idiot come through the intersection headed NB on 5. If I would have taken that left, it would have been T-bone city. Simply put, people just do not pay attention while driving. Whether its cell phones or just day dreaming, people do not pay attention or follow the rules of the road!

• Bill on October 15, 2018 at 3:43 pm

But how many crashes happen there? Not as many as that other intersection, I would bet.

4. BK on October 11, 2018 at 8:46 am

There needs to be a red light camera on every damn light in St, Mary’s county.. People do not know what red means. Even if that was not the case there still need cameras.

• Bill on October 15, 2018 at 3:48 pm

Ah, no, there should not. See,these crashes areusually not caused by people running red lights, which as noted by someone else here they are usually a left turn in front of traffic. So a RLC wouldnt stop that. But here’s the secret, or one of them, about RLCs. They are NOT about making anyone any safer. They are about making money. Thats why it’s a low $75 fine and no points or insurance notifocation. Even if they do reduce the amount of red light running, they increase the amount of rear end impacts by more than they drop the red light running.

5. Wayne on October 11, 2018 at 8:48 am

I just think its a bad idea to be out waving at people and putting your signs all over the intersection before the sun is even up.

6. S on October 11, 2018 at 12:08 pm

I was in a head-on collision at the same intersection approximately 12 hours earlier on Tuesday evening. In my case it was the same thing I see EVERY SINGLE DAY. People not giving right of way to oncoming traffic from either side of Rt. 235 and turning left in front of oncoming traffic. I don’t understand it. I barely missed the FIRST car that illegally turned left in front of me and the SECOND car was right behind that one also illegally turning left in front of oncoming traffic (me this time) making a collision unavoidable. BDVFD threw down kitty litter to absorb the fluids from the car that hit me but DID NOT sweep it back up before leaving the scene. That large amount of SLIPPERY kitty litter that was left in the immediate vicinity of where the above wreck occurred could very well have been a contributing factor. But, I would still bet big money that the primary cause was also a failure to give right of way, which as I said, occurs EVERY SINGLE DAY!

• TellItLikeItIs on October 12, 2018 at 9:56 am

Not to worry. Re-elect Cameron and he will get this all fixed! His work thus far has done so well… right?

7. C on October 12, 2018 at 10:13 am

I was in a head on at that intersection many years ago. Totaled my Ford Explorer. Fortunately I only hurt my knee and was sore for weeks from the airbag. But thank God it worked!!! I was southbound and someone failed to give right of way and turned left onto Hermanvillen, I had no time to react.

• TellItLikeItIs on October 13, 2018 at 4:16 pm

Thats probably because you were doing 70MPH and didn’t want to stop while the light was yellow. People who drive that stretch of road (235 between Gates 2 and 3)are constantly doing around 70MPH. I see it every single day. Driving the right lane so I don’t get pinned in at the Gate 3 turn and idiots racing up the left lane doing 70 to try to get in front of other people and running the light when it’s yellow or even red.