Child on Bicycle Injured After Being Struck by Vehicle in Lexington Park

October 10, 2018

On Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at approximately 5:45 p.m., police fire and rescue personnel responded to Prather Drive, and Kent Drive, in Lexington Park, for the reported pedestrian struck by a vehicle.

Crews arrived on scene to find a child lying in the roadway  that was struck by a mini van.

The patient was transported by ambulance to an area hospital for his injuries

Police continue to investigate the incident, and updates will be provided when they become available.

17 Responses to Child on Bicycle Injured After Being Struck by Vehicle in Lexington Park

1. Rob Stark on October 11, 2018 at 6:56 am

Where were the parents?

• Anonymous on October 11, 2018 at 8:06 am

Apparently you don’t have children. If you did. You would know you can’t keep a eye on them every second of the day. Things happens real quick when you have children

• Beverly on October 11, 2018 at 8:23 am

For one it was like a trailer park so why does it matter where the parents are there’s a lot of kids that play around those trailer parks all the time it’s just people need to learn how to slow down and watch what they’re doing when they’re driving or for real they don’t need no damn license I mean God we got young children in our trailer park that’s only 6 and Riding bikes and nobody hits them because we know to slow down And also the whole story is not even put up so how do we know the Parents could be outside talking or something

• Anonymous on October 11, 2018 at 9:26 am

THANK YOU!!!!

• Anonymous on October 11, 2018 at 12:17 pm

Wow, not one punctuation mark in all that mess. Makes sense why you live there. And just so you know, kids have been known to dart in to the roads at a moment’s notice so there may not have been to stop.

• Concerned on October 14, 2018 at 1:00 am

I use to live around there and the kids and adults alike just cross roads without looking. At night they wear all black and walk across the road without looking. Those people in that area just expect you to stop because they are walking. It is absurd!!!!

• ms on October 14, 2018 at 9:29 am

Makes sense why you live there?! really?! People that work on the base in high qualifying jobs live in trailer parks! It’t less expensive and comfortable. assuming poor low life people live there is wrong! Also punctuation has nothing to do with a persons intelligence either. I prefer not to include all of those punctuations while replying, no one is going to grade my post.

• Deshawn on October 11, 2018 at 5:25 pm

So playing in the street is the right place?

• Anonymous on October 12, 2018 at 9:53 am

The child was riding their bike. Did not say they were playing in the street.
          A bike is a way of getting to places. Just like a car

• anonymous on October 11, 2018 at 8:27 am

So now we’re blaming the parents because some idiot wasn’t paying attention and probably going over the speed limit in the neighborhood? The reason why the speed limit is 25 in neighborhoods is because it’s easier to come to a complete stop sooner or if a child, teenager, or even adult is hit, the impact won’t be as bad compared to going 40+. The parent could have been outside sitting on the porch or standing outside their door. When you were a kid, did your parents walk with you while you were riding your bike (if you had one) in your neighborhood? Mine sure didn’t but whenever we were outside, we were in eye view of them at all times. It’s one thing if it’s a 3-5 year old learning how to ride for the first time and practicing on training wheels. It’s another thing with a 10 year old or older. The article does not say how old the child is, but regardless, it’s not the parent’s fault. Second, I was inches away from being hit by a car on my bike when I was a kid. I was going down hill and my dad was RIGHT behind me. I don’t know how I didn’t get hit. Maybe the car saw me in time and stopped but my dad wouldn’t have been able to do anything if I was hit. Things like this happen so quickly. By the time it would have happened, it would have been too late to try to grab me by the shirt or get a hold of the bike itself.

2. Anonymous on October 11, 2018 at 8:04 am

Not enough room on back of the bike for the parents.

3. Lib on October 11, 2018 at 8:17 am

That’s just horrible I hope The Child well be OK and People need to watch what they’re doing because I know for a fact people fly in there like crazy they need to learn how to slow down when going through a trailer park And into any housing place because you never know where children are there always running around and playing somewhere

• Anonymous on October 12, 2018 at 9:59 am

It’s not always the person in a vehicle’s fault. I had a child riding on their bike and just as I was just about even with her. She suddenly made a left right in front of me without looking. Right across my path. It’s a good thing I anticipated this and slowed down and kept an eye on her. Kids today are not taught properly by their parents on safety issues on when riding their bikes

• werwe on October 12, 2018 at 10:14 am

Please use punctuation. Fixed it for ya

“That’s just horrible. I hope the child will be OK. People need to watch what they’re doing because I know for a fact people fly in there like crazy. They need to learn how to slow down when going through a trailer park and into any housing place because you never know where children are and they’re always running around and playing somewhere.”

4. We all know, you just wont acknowledge on October 11, 2018 at 8:33 am

Do I assume that the driver of the mini van was dragged out and beaten? Isnt that how things work down there?

• Just the Facts on October 11, 2018 at 10:22 am

That only happens to elderly white people.

• Deshawn on October 11, 2018 at 5:24 pm

Only to little old white ladies.