December 30, 2018

On Sunday, December 30, 2018, at approximately 3:15 p.m., police fire and rescue personnel responded to Shady Mile Drive and Three Notch Road in California, for the reported serious motor vehicle accident.

Crews arrived on scene to find two vehicles in the roadway in a t-bone style collision with two patients trapped, and citizens rendering aid on two children from the Honda.

Firefighters from Bay District, NAS Patuxent River, and Hollywood worked to extricate the two trapped patients in approximately 15 minutes.

Maryland State Police Helicopter Trooper 7 transported two pediatric patients and one adult from the scene to area trauma centers for their  injuries.

Three adult patients were transported by ambulance to an area hospital.

The St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office Collision Reconstruction Unit responded to the scene and investigating the crash.

Troopers from the Maryland State Police Leonardtown Barrack responded to the scene to assist with crowd control after several requests were made by emergency personnel on the scene.

SMECO, and Maryland State Highway were contacted due to damage to a utility  pole, stop light, and crosswalk sign.

Witnesses who provided first aid prior to arrival of rescue crews said the children were not in their child safety seats in the Honda Accord when they first opened the back door, it is unknown if they came out of their seat during the accident or were not restrained prior. The witnesses also said the Honda ran the red light prior to striking the Audi.

56 Responses to VIDEO: Serious Motor Vehicle Accident in California Injuries Two Children and Three Adults

1. Wiggy on December 30, 2018 at 8:05 pm

Not surprising. I see too many kids not secured in their seats, especially from the lower class citizens of the county.

• Anonymous on December 31, 2018 at 12:04 am

honestly shut up, children were injured & that’s what you have to say.

• Wiggy on December 31, 2018 at 5:32 am

Or what? I shouldn’t have to say it, but ITS RIDICULOUS WHEN PARENTS DON’T PROPERLY SECURE THEIR CHILDREN!!!

Perhaps if they did what they were supposed to do as adults the children wouldn’t have been hurt. I hope the same thing didn’t happen on 210 last night.

• Anonymous on December 31, 2018 at 7:53 am

That person is right. The kids being injured were a consequence of the parents decision and it is prevalent in this county.

• AliceW on December 31, 2018 at 8:31 am

I have a neighbor next door that over tints his windows so his kids run loose in the car and not comply with state laws on weigh and size of kids in front seat and no safety seat. Not to mention hiding his drug use and hand held devices.

• Anonymous on December 31, 2018 at 4:01 pm

What you mean lower class their are a lot of ppl in lower class including whites that strung out on heroin thats has kids and don’t sercured them as well I Damn sure know you ain’t talking just about blacks being lower class

• Wiggy on December 31, 2018 at 8:10 pm

I said “lower class” because I see people that are educated, but too ignorant to apply what they learned. It’s asinine for someone to pull the “I didn’t know card” when it comes to child safety in a vehicle. Thanks for confirming that blacks are just as racist as everyone else.

2. exrep on December 30, 2018 at 8:32 pm

don’t even try to say ALCOHOL AND SPEED were not the culprit here someone thought they were an Indy driver in the Park

3. Anonymous on December 30, 2018 at 9:12 pm

My new rant: stopping on red light apparently now otinal.

• AliceW on December 31, 2018 at 8:47 am

You noticed in the last two years they have progressed from entering the intersection just as their light turns red to now turning red plus two seconds so they enter when the cross traffic has a green light. Same intersection the day before on a left turn into Shady Mile the car next to me forced me out of my lane into the wrong side of Shady Mile as they changed lanes as they can not plan their up coming turns. All left turns with more than one lane needs to have the lanes painted on the roadway. Read page 62 of the MVA book For Turns. Not that it will do any good since most people have no spatial awareness of where their car is in the road but will look good on the accident report.

4. Queen on December 31, 2018 at 1:08 am

Y’all need to keep you ignorant comments to yourself because it has nothing to do with you guys it’s too innocent kids that were hurt and for you not knowing what really happened just be quiet if it was one of you family members of friends on here you would be mad if someone posted a ignorant comment about them so grow up

• Wiggy on December 31, 2018 at 5:27 am

Speaking of ignorant comments queen…..

• Jessica on December 31, 2018 at 2:28 pm

Wiggy! All of your comments is just plain ignorant! Your talking about lower class, this could of happened to anyone including you! It doesn’t matter where they live. You don’t know what happened because you weren’t there. Stop judging people! Who are you to judge! What you need to be doing is praying for that family instead of making interrogative comments!

• Wiggy on December 31, 2018 at 3:28 pm

“Is”? Thanks for making my point Jessica. I can judge anyone, just like you and every other poster on here. Don’t pretend like you don’t judge others.

• somdforever on December 31, 2018 at 5:22 pm

Were you there? Evidently all the witnesses who saw the driver of the Honda run the red light, are wrong?

• Anonymous on December 31, 2018 at 7:55 am

Any valid argument you might have has been completely invalidated by your terrible writing. People are allowed to voice their opinion.

• ugh on December 31, 2018 at 8:00 am

Where did you go to school? Your grammar, spelling and punctuation need a lot of work

• Anonymous on December 31, 2018 at 8:58 am

It’s “two”, not “too”. I tried to keep reading but couldn’t understand your gibberish.

• somdforever on December 31, 2018 at 5:20 pm

Actually we do know what happened. The witnesses corroborated that the driver of the Honda ran the red light!

5. WTF is up on December 31, 2018 at 3:49 am

First of all I have to say, what a great job by all the first responders. These family members ou whoever showed up should be ashamed of themselves for coming to the scene and acting like that, they took valuable resources away from the real patients the needed care. Who brings a child to the scene. The two males should have been arrested. And as for the driver of the at fault vehicle, what the heck were you thinking? Speeding, bald tires, running a red light, and not having children secured in the vehicle safely, SHAME ON YOU!

• Wiggy on December 31, 2018 at 5:39 am

I didn’t even watch the video until this morning. WOW! How fing stupid are those people!!!?? Why would you bring a kid to a crash scene?

• Anonymous on December 31, 2018 at 8:52 am

Really ? Have you given it any thought that the driver was distracted by attending the children in the back ? One might had had a problem and the driver had turned around to help .
      As far as bringing the children to the scene. Could they already had the children in the car and was on their way home when they came upon the accident > What were they to do, take them home then come back ? Get a babysitter ? Or just leave them in the car ?
      Think before you post

• Bill on December 31, 2018 at 9:55 am

“Have you given it any thought that the driver was distracted by attending the children in the back ? One might had had a problem and the driver had turned around to help .”

That wouldn’t be a good reason to run a red light. Drivers should drive. And if they need to do something other than drive, they need to pull over and do that other thing.

• Anonymous on December 31, 2018 at 7:38 pm

Bill, I pray you don’t have children. We don’t need more like you around.
          What I was getting at is. They could had just left McDonald’s and maybe just maybe. A child was eating and started choking. I’m not saying this is what happened.
          But as a parent. If I hear one of my children is in distress and possibly choking. I will turn around immediately. The light could had changed while the driver was distracted. I’m not saying they were right by turning around. But as a parent. It is the first thing you do.

• Wiggy on January 2, 2019 at 5:02 am

I pray you get some common sense. Why would I try to help my choking kid while driving down a busy road? The first thing anyone should do is pull over.

• Bill on January 2, 2019 at 6:52 pm

Why yes, I do have kids, or had, and managed to raise two all the way to adulthood, didn’t lose any to choking, or get into any crashes at all. I might turn around to see whats going on, then pull over, knowing that crashing my damn car wont help the choking child in any way. In what world does abandoning your driving task at 45-50mph help a choking child?

Yellow lights on that road are four seconds long, all of them. With another second of full red overlap. Allow another half second for the two drivers coming out of Old Rolling Road to get out past the northbound lanes. You would turn around and not pay attention for over 5.5 seconds? That’s insane. Stop right now and set a five second timer. Think about closing your eyes for that long while travelling down the busiest road in the county. If that doesn’t sound insane to you, we need less like you and more like me. I have empathy for those children, thats why I’m mad. Those kids didnt need to get in a crash. And properly buckled up, they most likely would have come out of it fine.

• MoreCommonSensePls on December 31, 2018 at 11:23 am

Is this a joke? Who turns around in a moving motor vehicle to assist a child having a problem? NO ONE. You put your car in park, turn on your hazards and handle the issue. If it wasn’t serious enough to park on the highway with flashers then the driver should have SAFELY progressed to a shoulder and pulled over. Your point is INVALID. Stating that a child distracted an adult in this situation is ludicrous. As far as bringing children to the scene, if a bystander had children with them while passing the accident, DONT STOP. Why would you subject children to a scene like that. Maybe you should think before you try call someone out for their post.

• Wiggy on December 31, 2018 at 1:05 pm

You’re just as stupid as the poster below. Another fine upstanding citizen that thinks it’s ok to bring a kid to an accident scene. Why don’t you trying breaking the cycle of stupidity within your family tree?

• Anonymous on December 31, 2018 at 2:26 pm

What is important here is two children are injured. They are CHILDREN. The father had every right to act upset.. those are his kids. Don’t speak upon a situation until you are in it. How painful to know that you’re children are hurting. Prayers to the family.

• Wiggy on December 31, 2018 at 3:32 pm

The father does have a right to be upset, but you don’t have to act a fool. What is that going to solve? It’s no different than a 5 year old crying because he didn’t get his way. Keep up those prayers though.

6. Anonymous on December 31, 2018 at 7:49 am

Yall don’t know what happened and my cousin has every right to act the way say did over her daughter and grandkids. Mind your business if you only have something negative to say.

• Anonymous on December 31, 2018 at 2:49 pm

This just shows what trash your family is.

• Wiggy on December 31, 2018 at 3:34 pm

7. Anonymous on December 31, 2018 at 7:58 am

First of all I have to say when accidents happen you are not worried about taking a child to someone. My cousin was worried about her child and grandchildren and has every right to act the way she did so stfu. You have know right to speak on who someone reacted to their family begin hurt. If you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all. Not once did i hear any of you say I hope they are okay

• Wiggy on December 31, 2018 at 1:03 pm

Stop posting numerous times. There is no excuse to bring a kid to an accident scene, especially while first responders are trying to do their job. Are you really that stupid? I can tell that you’re one of the lower class citizens I spoke of in my first post.

• Anonymous on December 31, 2018 at 2:51 pm

I hope the children are okay, they didn’t deserve this. The driver – I have no sympathy for them whatsoever.

8. Tina on December 31, 2018 at 12:53 pm

This is truly so heart breaking prayers for everyone .my the lord be with you all .

9. A on December 31, 2018 at 6:16 pm

My cousin has every right to act whatever way over her child and grandkids. Don’t speak on something you know nothing about. The kids could have came out the seatbelts in the crash. I did not hear any of you say your praying for them or I family. If you don’t have anything nice to say don’t speak on the situation at all

• ok on December 31, 2018 at 6:34 pm

your cousin is an assclown to act that way and was lucky not to have been arrested or have their azz whooped. They had no every right to act whatever way over her child and grandkids.

You say the kids could have came out the seat belts in the crash. I call BS.

You say you did not hear any of you say your praying for them or I family. I pray those kids get as far away for their family as soon as they can.

You also say if you don’t have anything nice to say don’t speak on the situation at all. Here is something nice “great job first responders, dealing with a bunch of azz holes.

Bye

• Wiggy on December 31, 2018 at 8:12 pm

Just do us a favor and shut up. No one cares about your excuses.

10. Anonymous on January 1, 2019 at 9:05 am

In All honestly. I think that Southern Maryland News Net should stop allowing comments on this sight.
    What’s the purpose of it ? All it does is start arguments and a##holes that think they are funny by making rude comments

• Wiggy on January 1, 2019 at 11:59 am

If you’re referring to me, I’m not trying to be funny. I’m fed up with the lack of accountability in today’s society. It’s ridiculous for anyone to make excuses for children not being secured in their seats. Absolutely atrocious. This is called the TRUTH, something that you have yet to embrace.

• Anonymous on January 1, 2019 at 11:09 pm

If the shoe fits, wear it

• Wiggy on January 2, 2019 at 4:50 pm

It fits great!!

11. Anonymous on January 1, 2019 at 10:22 am

White people think they have all the answers lol. Until one of their drunk kids kill them selves and the rest of their friends in the car. Then depression sets in because they were great kids and you were even better parents..

• The Usual Suspect on January 1, 2019 at 7:16 pm

Better than getting killed in a drug deal or “random” drive by shooting. Afterwards the parent is crying the usual song and dance: “My boy was sooo good. He didn’t hurt no one! He didn’t deserve this!”

• Bill on January 2, 2019 at 9:50 am

Well, the answers here are pretty simple and colorblind. Answer one assumes that the driver was actually distracted by something in the back seat. If you are driving, no matter whats happening in backseat, not turning around is a Good Thing. Even if someone is dying in the back seat, that wont be made better by ignoring your duty as a driver. Pull over, deal with it, then keep driving, or call 911 if you can’t deal with it. Answer two just as simple. People need to be belted in while the car is in motion. If someone came out of a belt in a crash, then they were not properly belted in in the first place.

• Anonymous on January 2, 2019 at 5:01 pm

That’s a good scenario Bill but do you know what caused it? I hate when people don’t pay attention to the road but don’t start rumors about what happened. Hopefully everyone in this area see this happening and pay attention to not only them selves but others.. My anonymous post was for the the guy who called out low class black people for non restraint. Every race does it so how about educating the non versus downing. If not then it’s like watching someone get beat to death in front of you and not stopping it.

• Bill on January 2, 2019 at 7:07 pm

Rumors? That assumption about what might have happened was based on what others here, who say they are relatives of the driver, and was said to be an assumption. And while that person did call out low class people, you were the only one mentioning a color. I know as well as you that low class comes in all colors. I assumed the low class meant driving around with kids not secured, which as you say I see all races doing. Like DUI, there’s no excuse for not buckling kids up. Not anymore, you are surrounded by that message. Lower class, higher class, not buckling kids up is a choice, and there’s no excuse to be ignorant of that requirement.

• Wiggy on January 2, 2019 at 10:05 pm

You said black not me, you closet racist. Go re-read my post. You’re proof that idiots exist in every color.

12. Rt on January 1, 2019 at 10:24 am

Smh

13. Anonymous on January 1, 2019 at 4:30 pm

Wow !! You are good. You can tell the color of someone’s skin by the letters they type.
    You should go and join the F.B.I. They can use someone like you.

• Anonymous on January 1, 2019 at 10:51 pm

Well when someone comment has “blacks” in it. A person with a little common sense assume that theyre white or not black. So you might be right about joining the F.B.I. Thanks for the advice.

• Roger on January 2, 2019 at 5:07 am

Literary Forensics. It doesn’t take a college degree to decipher some of these posts.

14. Libz on January 3, 2019 at 3:01 am

My prayers and thoughts to the family those of you that are saying she should not act that way My question is how would you act if that was your child and I don’t want to hear you say I would be ok and would let them do what they need to because you won’t know until it happens And also you don’t know if she was already out and about and got a call so all that is running through her head is getting to where her family is not where am I going to take the kid that’s in the backseat But besides that I have seen a lot of people go through that light in hurry mostly because that light does not say Green that long

15. parent on January 3, 2019 at 7:16 am

Any updates on the children?