Lexington Park Man Charged with Possession of Cocaine After Traffic Stop

January 8, 2019
Jayquan Malyk Musgrove, 18, of Lexington Park

Jayquan Malyk Musgrove, 18, of Lexington Park

On Thursday, December 27, 2018, Cpl. Stone of the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office stopped a vehicle for several traffic infractions in the 21600 block of Enterprise Drive in Lexington Park.

The operator of the vehicle refused to follow verbal commands, and refused to identify himself.

It was later learned the vehicle operator was Jayquan Malyk Musgrove, 18, of Lexington Park.

Located in Musgrove’s vehicle was a baggie containing a white powdery substance; suspected cocaine.

Musgrove was arrested and charged with CDS Possession-Not Marijuana.

Jayquan Malyk Musgrove, 18, of Lexington Park

Jayquan Malyk Musgrove, 18, of Lexington Park

24 Responses to Lexington Park Man Charged with Possession of Cocaine After Traffic Stop

1. Old S. E. Dog on January 9, 2019 at 12:50 am

Nice Hair!

• Malcolm X on January 9, 2019 at 5:30 am

Racist.

• Tell You What on January 10, 2019 at 7:05 am

How? For all you know it could be a compliment

• Bert on January 10, 2019 at 12:37 pm

racist

• Tell You What on January 10, 2019 at 6:46 pm

Again…how?

2. Anonymous on January 9, 2019 at 5:18 am

And he’s back on the streets.
    Justice system is a freaking joke!

3. Anonymous on January 9, 2019 at 5:58 am

When he refused a direct order from an officer he should have been shown how to respond that’s the problem no respect

4. What's your name? I can't say. on January 9, 2019 at 6:48 am

He refused to ID himself?

Wait a minute. His name is “Jayquan Malyk Musgrove” and he refused to ID himself?

I am wondering if he was just unable to pronounce that pile of NFL gibberish.

Who came up with that name? I doubt there will be a “Jayquan Malyk Musgrove IV” (or even a “Jayquan Malyk Musgrove Jr.”).

But in any case – What a joke! I’ll bet you that the cops have a “piss your pants laughing pool” – for the best name encountered each month – at their stations.

No doubt that THIS is the winner for January.

And if the photos are included, that “court jester” hair will push it over the top for sure.

So great job Cpl. Stone! I realize it is still early, but I think you got it for this month.

Put your money on “Jayquan Malyk”….. Just read it to your self and TRY not to laugh.

YOU CAN’T DO IT!

• wut wut on January 10, 2019 at 7:33 am

He’s 18, probability is that there is already a “jr” out there. Maybe a few. Aint be bothered by no jimmy caps, ya heard, aint feel good like that.

5. Rob Stark on January 9, 2019 at 6:55 am

Starting his criminal career off young

• boom on January 10, 2019 at 7:34 am

If he is just starting, I’d argue he is a late bloomer

6. Really on January 9, 2019 at 7:20 am

Why do people feel that it is mandatory to show us their tough guy or gal look for their booking photo. It make me laugh every time. I bet ya the guys cry like a little bitch when the cage door slams closed.

7. marquand on January 9, 2019 at 9:55 am

see he’s already got that stiff upper lip ready for the pushin’ that is coming

8. World's Most Interesting Dipstick on January 9, 2019 at 12:10 pm

I don’t always turn a minor traffic stop into a complete fiasco. But when I do…I do when I have drugs in my car. Stay Ig’nant, my friends.

• Anon on January 10, 2019 at 11:25 am

Haha best comment!

9. Anonymous on January 9, 2019 at 12:15 pm

Only 18 and not on a good path. He still has a chance to be something but the change in direction has to be his choice. Here are some motivational words for the young people.
    No one owes you anything and you are not entitled to anything. Follow the rules, develop a marketable and legal skill, and work hard. For most people that is all it takes to succeed. It won’t happen overnight but if you put in your time you will be rewarded.

• Lib Lyf on January 10, 2019 at 7:36 am

^ Racist

Nothing is owed? No one is entitled to anything? Racist. Racist. Racist.

• Anonymous on January 10, 2019 at 12:41 pm

Racist toward who? This is the same speech my dad gave me 30 years ago. What do you feel you are owed or entitled to? I learned long ago respect is earned and for everything else I worked my @$$ off to get where I am.

• Kevin McCallister on January 11, 2019 at 8:02 am

If I couldnt understand sarcasm I’d be sure to stay anon as well…

10. Anonymous on January 9, 2019 at 1:29 pm

This boy went to school with me, poor kid he has ADHD.

• Wiggy on January 10, 2019 at 5:09 am

Not ADHD!!! That poor soul, the struggles he must grapple with everyday…..

• Anonymous on January 10, 2019 at 8:19 am

So did more then half the kids I grew up with and who are growing up now. People are so quick to use that excuse because it helps explain away their kids attitude problems. If ADHD was a thing back when I went to school they would have diagnosed me with it too. I maintained a solid D+ to C- GPA and wasn’t interested in anything they had to teach me. I also knew right from wrong, respect, and was a hard worker thanks to my parents. Just because some doctor gives you a BS diagnosis is no excuse to give up and not try.

• Cool Story Bro on January 11, 2019 at 8:03 am

I always thought ADHD made it difficult to sit still and pay attention to the lesson. I had no idea it meant you cant follow the law as well. Looks like I “learnt” something here today

11. BooBerry on January 10, 2019 at 10:24 pm

He should have stashed it in his rug