One Person Injured in Motor Vehicle Accident in Great Mills

March 13, 2019

On Tuesday, March 12, 2019, at approximately 2:00 p.m., police fire, and rescue personnel responded to Chancellors Run Road and Buck Hewitt Road in Great Mills, for the reported motor vehicle accident with injuries.

Crews arrived on scene to find a single vehicle off the roadway and into a traffic signal pole.

One occupant signed care refusal forms on the scene, and the driver was taken to an area hospital with injuries.

12 Responses to One Person Injured in Motor Vehicle Accident in Great Mills

1. RR on March 13, 2019 at 10:06 am

In hindsight, I wonder if answering that phone was such a good idea.

2. Rob Stark on March 13, 2019 at 12:21 pm

If there is one thing this site has taught me, it’s that people in Saint Mary’s can’t drive

• Anonymous on March 13, 2019 at 8:16 pm

Driving in Saint Mary’s didn’t teach you that already or have you not driven there before?

3. Iggy on March 13, 2019 at 10:37 pm

Bulls-eye Mr. Stark, hit the nail on its head! I’m always on the Defensive every time behind the wheel in Saint Mary’s County, or as a matter of fact anywhere in Maryland, there all clueless.

• Anonymous on March 14, 2019 at 6:25 am

I gotta chime in on this. Wasn’t bad years ago, but honestly when NAVAIR moved down here from Crystal City, our county was NOT ready for the influx of DC drivers. Let one drop of rain fall on the road… You would swear it was a blizzard the way they all freak out.

• The REAL Truth on March 14, 2019 at 1:17 pm

Calling BS on this! Most of the ignorant drivers around here ARE the residents. You did get one thing correct though. This county did hardly anything to prepare for the influx of people. Look at 235/Rte 5 intersection. Been horrible for the last 20 years. No sign of changing! Took them 8 years to complete a 5 mile expansion of 235! Absolutely worthless planning and execution in this county when it comes to dealing with traffic issues!

• The REAL Truth on March 14, 2019 at 7:45 am

Most don’t know proper English either… like the difference between there, their, and they’re!

4. Donnie on March 14, 2019 at 10:20 am

Wow. That car almost took me out at Firehouse/Amber Lane. Came flying up behind me the literally skidded past me. Thought they stopped there. Must have tried to skid around corner at Buck Hewitt.

5. Jack Wagon. on March 14, 2019 at 1:28 pm

That is one HELLUVA pole to take a hit like that and keep standing.

6. Anonymous on March 14, 2019 at 11:26 pm

Light pole tractor beam… I’m sure of it.

7. Meme on March 15, 2019 at 3:53 pm

Damn poles! Why do they always have to jump out in front of cars like that?!

8. Anonymous on March 19, 2019 at 2:56 pm

I’m not drunk!! Watch me fit my car between these two poles.