Two Injured After Motor Vehicle Accident in California

April 13, 2019

On Friday, April 12. 2019, at approximately 4:15 p.m., police fire, and rescue personnel responded to the area of Old Rolling Road and Settlers Lane in California, for the reported motor vehicle accident.

Crews arrived on scene to find two vehicles in the roadway in a head-on style collision.

Emergency medical personnel requested two helicopters due to patient injuries.

One patient was flown to an area trauma center by Maryland State Police Helicopter Trooper 7 with head injuries.

Maryland State Police Helicopter Trooper 2 canceled flight due to weather. The patient was taken by ambulance to an area trauma center with a compound fracture and other injuries. Two patients signed care refusal forms on the scene.

15 Responses to Two Injured After Motor Vehicle Accident in California

1. Anonymous on April 13, 2019 at 2:24 pm

Any details on why the one person went on the wrong side of the road and what kind of injuries did that person have. It was my family that got hit, I would like to know the details on the person who caused the crash. Even though it was their fault I still pray they are okay as well. ❤️

• mark on April 13, 2019 at 7:05 pm

Investigations should be left to the professionals to conduct not the “media” to speculate, thank you SM News for providing only that which is known.

• Anonymous on April 19, 2019 at 12:59 pm

TO MARK – It is known that the innocent people were the ones taking to the Trauma center. I was mainly asking as I assume SMNEWSNET can see our responses. I am not asking the media to give me their random thoughts. However I do appreciate all the responses about the turn in that road and how accidents happen there. That’s all I wanted. No Blame, no drama. I am just really glad that everyone is okay!

• Anonymous on April 13, 2019 at 10:23 pm

Lemme guess. Took the cool new “short cut” then sped around the unfamiliar and deceptively sharp and non-constant radius curve???

• AliceW on April 14, 2019 at 12:05 pm

Metal barriers should be installed on all roads to separate the opposing lanes.

• RR on April 15, 2019 at 6:19 am

Great idea! Then we could drive an extra 10 miles to find a crossover opening every time we wanted to make a left turn.

• Ron on April 14, 2019 at 8:53 pm

It was spitting rain, that part of the road was very slick at the time. Add the sharp turn, and he slid right across the lines

2. Anonymous on April 13, 2019 at 2:26 pm

Somebody not giving their full attention to driving?

3. Anonymous on April 13, 2019 at 10:17 pm

Lemme guess. Ooooh, I can take a short cut up Todd Morgan Blvd, said the driver that sped around the unfamiliar and deceptively sharp curve.

4. Concerned Citizen on April 14, 2019 at 5:39 am

The curve at Old Rolling Road and Settlers Lane has been the site of at least one one or two vehicle accidents per year for at least forty years. Only driver recognition of the danger of the curve and caution driving through it will help.

5. Anonymous on April 14, 2019 at 8:22 am

Its due to people not know how to drive on this road. Driving way to fast and on that turn. Ever since they opened fdr people have been flocking to this road and almost causing an accident every day. They take the turn too fast and wide

6. AliceW on April 14, 2019 at 12:12 pm

Remember folks signage and lineage on roads around here is just a mild suggestion by the state. Understand and compliance by drivers is totally coincidental.

7. Neighbor on April 15, 2019 at 9:13 am

Living in Barefoot acres, I drive this bend every day and it scares the heck out of me every time. Since FDR open, traffic on that bend has increased 10 fold and there have been at least 10 accidents on that bend. Something needs to be done before someone dies.

8. TAC on April 15, 2019 at 10:23 am

I personally know two of the people involved in the accident. Luckily they do not have life threatening injuries. So before you judge, know your facts. It had just started raining, that coupled with the oils on the road, the road was slick when the vehicle came around the sharp curve and lost control and hit my friends.

9. Cap'n Obvious on April 16, 2019 at 8:45 am

So, you’re saying the driver was going too fast for the road conditions…got it. Thanks!