California Man Arrested Driving Stolen Car Without a License

June 10, 2019
Donte James Jeter-Prince, 20 of California

Donte James Jeter-Prince, 20 of California

On Thursday, May 30, 2019, Deputy Rycyzyn of the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office responded to the 22000 block of Grand Harvest Lane in Lexington Park, for the reported motor vehicle theft.

Later that morning, the victim observed his stolen 2011 Nissan Maxima being operated by an individual in the Lexington Park area.

Sgt. Peacher responded and conducted a traffic stop on the vehicle, as it pulled into the parking lot of the Dollar General Store, on Great Mills Road.

The vehicle was being operated by Donte James Jeter-Prince, 20 of California. The vehicle was determined to be the victim’s stolen vehicle, and the victim is not acquainted with Jeter-Prince.

Jeter-Prince denied stealing the vehicle and claimed a subject who he could not provide a name for showed up at his house and gave him the keys to the car. There were passengers in the vehicle, who also denied any knowledge of the car being stolen.

Approximately $1,400.00 worth of items were missing from the vehicle when it was recovered, police determined some of the items were discarded at the Super 8 Motel dumpster.

Jeter-Prince was arrested and charged with motor vehicle theft, and driving without a license.

The arrest was handled by Cpl. Corcoran.

Donte James Jeter-Prince, 20 of California

Donte James Jeter-Prince, 20 of California

47 Responses to California Man Arrested Driving Stolen Car Without a License

1. Joe on June 10, 2019 at 6:48 am

He was doomed shortly after being named, or more likely, shortly after being conceived. Looks like his “daddy” wasn’t man enough to properly raise a child. Happy Father’s Day!

2. Anonymous on June 10, 2019 at 7:11 am

Whenever someone shows up at my house with a car with little information, I always take it for a spin. What’s the problem? Racist cops.

3. Anonymous on June 10, 2019 at 7:32 am

What a dumb ass!
    Someone you don’t know, just shows up at your house and hands you the keys to their car?

Why not just man up and admit you stole it?

4. Start Young.......Make a career of it on June 10, 2019 at 9:00 am

“Donte Jeter-James”

A name that speaks volumes on its own.

Over-privileged hood-rat “punk” turned thief – out to impress with his gangsta wanna-be rats by stealing cars.

More trashy rats without decency or parenting. But don’t use the N word.

• Anonymous on June 13, 2019 at 7:17 am

He was named by his adopted mother. He was in foster care and the cost mom adopted him. He does have many issues. He’s also supposed to be taking psych meds, but doesn’t. I am not defending what he did, but his name shouldn’t matter. The woman they adopted him gave him her last name. Jeter-prince is her last name.

• Anonymous on June 13, 2019 at 7:23 am

His mother didn’t give him that last name. His foster mother did. That is her last name. I know him. He’s NOT a good person. His mom came back in his life recently and she told him she can’t help him anymore. I’m saying you can’t judge someone on a last name. It’s Jeter-Prince. Not jeter-James. He’s a piece of work. He may be blood to me but he isn’t family. He’s going to end up being convicted of murder st some point in his life. He’s supposed to be medicated, but refused to take his heavy psych meds.

• Anonymous on June 13, 2019 at 4:33 pm

Is this Crystal and Alex’s Kid?

• John Doe on June 14, 2019 at 1:29 pm

Nah, I think its Sh’tanifa’s kid.

• Anonymous on June 17, 2019 at 8:19 am

YES – SH’TANIFA!

Looks just like him!

CHICKEN DINNER AWARD!

5. Jarnell Stokes on June 10, 2019 at 9:13 am

good dude, i’m really just shocked to hear this. think when the facts come out will find it was a big mix up or misunderstanding.

• Anonymous on June 10, 2019 at 12:52 pm

If he is a “good dude” then he is really, really stupid. Possibly to the point of being clinically retarded. No sane, intelligent person would take a car from someone they don’t know who just hands him the keys. Lastly, no good person would joyride without a license. So he is either a good dude that is stupid or a bad dude that is just trying to get away with his crimes.

• Stupid is as stupid does..... on June 11, 2019 at 6:15 am

Yeah – that story about the car just showing up as a gift from an unknown is SO believable.

I can see why so many are lining up to pay for his defense.

• Anonymous on June 10, 2019 at 3:20 pm

He was locked up not too long ago. Nice kid, seriously lacks direction. He spoke of enlisting during his last incarceration, seems that hasn’t occured. Hopefully that opportunity hasn’t passed.

• Stevie d on June 11, 2019 at 6:09 pm

Yes military would give him a second chance. He just needs a change.

• Be all that you can be on June 12, 2019 at 4:30 am

The Army will take anyone.

• Old S.E. Dog on June 12, 2019 at 4:59 am

If he can’t stay out of jail, I doubt that the
        military wants anything to do with him!

• Anonymous on June 10, 2019 at 8:12 pm

BS. He is a no good punk thug pos. I’m not suprised at all.

6. Queen of the Iron Throne on June 10, 2019 at 9:28 am

Just another Hood-Rat starting his career!

7. Wiggy on June 10, 2019 at 11:25 am

Good thing there are laws to stop unruly citizens from stealing and driving cars.

8. Trashman on June 10, 2019 at 11:39 am

I don’t know who gave me the car and nor do any of my friends we just drove it. Thought it was a gift. I have 3 PhD’s in stupidity. The car is missing stuff I smart.

9. Worlds Most Interesting...idiot on June 10, 2019 at 11:49 am

I don’t always drive stolen vehicles, but when I do…I drive them not far from where they were stole. Stay mobile my friends.

10. Anonymous on June 10, 2019 at 1:10 pm

He had the keys to the car…I didn’t see the person who car it was say is keys were stolen from the house or were ever…more to the story.

• Grammar Police on June 10, 2019 at 4:19 pm

Get to a classroom, stat!

• Anonymous on June 11, 2019 at 6:17 am

Yes – let him go.

He is obviously the victim here

• exrep on June 11, 2019 at 12:19 pm

why don’t you let him borrow your car….I didn’t think so

• Capt Obvious on June 11, 2019 at 9:51 pm

I think the sarcasm went right over your head.

• Da dum da dum. on June 12, 2019 at 4:31 am

Did you feel that breeze over your head? That was sarcasm genius.

• Anonymous on June 12, 2019 at 6:46 am

You didn’t “think” – is all you needed to say.

I don’t loan any of my vehicles out.

Everyone buys and maintains their own in our area.

11. exrep on June 10, 2019 at 3:43 pm

he got the idea from an episode on Chicago P.D but with the same outcome Sgt. Voight nabbed his dumb ass

12. Anonymous on June 10, 2019 at 7:59 pm

The purpose of having a drivers license, or any other license for that matter, with your address on it, of course, is to be able to knock on your door and confiscate it when its time to turn it in. You will do it for as long as I say you can do it. How you gonna take my license away? Give us your address & if we feel like you shhouldn’t have your license any more, we’ll come knock on your door. If you had gotten that disclosure, would you have given your address? You thought the address was for a friendly reminder when the license was about to expire?

13. MikeinMorganza on June 11, 2019 at 6:23 am

I don’t quite understand his specific kind of stupid, but I completely admire this kids commitment to it.

• Anonymous on June 11, 2019 at 10:39 am

The sad thing is the judge will probably believe it.

• Mike next to Clements is the winner! on June 12, 2019 at 4:32 am

Best Comment for this story.

14. t on June 11, 2019 at 7:59 pm

Donte is a good kid. He was raised in foster care by someone who didn’t care about him or his siblings. She took the money and once they reached adulthood, she split town. He doesn’t have parents who guided him at all. The system failed him.

• Anonymous on June 12, 2019 at 8:29 am

This is a sad story but how many victims does he get to create just because his parents and foster parents were pieces of crap? He has been arrested before and he didn’t learn his lesson. He is obviously not ready to rehabilitate so he needs to be placed in a cage until he can rejoin society without taking, assaulting, or killing. The judges should give him 10 years to think about taking a different path in life.

• You is what you is on June 12, 2019 at 9:00 am

There is no such thing as rehabilitating these clowns. You are either a criminal, capable and willing to commit crimes, or you arent. Simple as that. Ever notice most people never have run ins with the police, never get arrested, etc.? And other people are constantly having run ins with the cops. Constantly in court. In and out of jail, etc… Some people are law abiding citizens and some people arent. Those who arent, ARENT. You cant change that

• Anonymous on June 12, 2019 at 9:23 pm

Boohoo. Jeter? Sounds like I know exactly who you are referring too. Still! He knows right from wrong. Since you feel so bad . You bail his ass out and then give him your car. Oh Ard!!

15. Juan on June 12, 2019 at 10:43 pm

Lets say you had nothing. Would you rob someone to feed yourself or your family?

• Idiots Everywhere on June 13, 2019 at 8:24 am

Nope. There is plenty of help out there and I am not sure what stealing a car has to do with feeding your family. Stop enabling these turds. You are part of the problem.

• Anonymous on June 17, 2019 at 8:27 am

Juan?

So shocked someone named Juan would say something THAT STUPID.

The enabler himself. Probably ANOTHER dumbass thief that just hasn’t been caged yet.

• Anonymous on June 13, 2019 at 10:32 am

No, I would go to the food pantries and soup kitchens. That is, of course, after I scoured the entire area for legal work to make money to buy my own food. There are hundreds of listings on SOMD looking for employees, some with no experience. There are way too many charitable organizations in this area for anyone to steal for a need. The only reason trash steals if for a want and that is not right. If you can’t afford something you want then you work for it until you can. I didn’t always have money and I hated being poor so I worked my @$$ off to learn a skill and get ahead. No one else is going to give it to you, you have to work for it and be a promoter for yourself.

• Anonymous on June 13, 2019 at 4:31 pm

Nope I’d get a damn job. Then find a way to educate myself. Especially if I’m single with no kids. Since I’m not I had to work even harder. With my kids…were you trying to make a point…it got lost on me.

• Anonymous on June 13, 2019 at 8:03 pm

No, I wouldn’t you POS. I would get a freaking JOB and pay for it. If I wasn’t employed I would go get a food stamp card, or find a soup kitchen ,there is plenty of options if you’re hungry. He’s black so he definitely knows about food stamps. There is absolutely no reason to steal for food nowadays. Anyways WTF does him driving a stolen car have to do with trying to feed yourself or your family? Seriously?

• MikeinMorganza on June 14, 2019 at 7:43 am

Juan, What I wouldn’t do is steal a car and go joy riding in it. That doesn’t feed mouths.

• ^ Idiot ^ on June 14, 2019 at 8:28 am

No. I wouldnt, because I am not a piece of sh*t. Crime is the easy way out. Grow a pair and be a f*cking adult and figure it out.

16. poppy on June 14, 2019 at 5:00 pm

He did know that he wasn’t licensed to drive the car though

• Hunger Games on June 17, 2019 at 8:36 am

Oh, now see? You were supposed to forget about that fine detail.

Now you have shot holes in their totally believable story.

The utter brilliance of their excuse is now tarnished.

Gettin’ food sounded so much better than gettin’ drugs or beer too!

It will take another week of “chilling” to come up with a new story now.