UPDATE: Motorcyclist Seriously Injured After Motor Vehicle Accident in Waldorf

June 19, 2019

UPDATE: Maryland State Police are investigating a two-vehicle crash in which one person was injured on Wednesday, June 19, 2019, in Charles County.

At about 4:30 p.m., troopers from the Maryland State Police La Plata Barrack responded to westbound Maryland Route 228 at Buttonbush Drive in Waldorf, for a report of a serious vehicle crash.

According to a preliminary investigation by troopers from the La Plata Barrack and the Crash Team, the driver of a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 was attempting to make a left turn from eastbound Route 228 onto Buttonbush Drive. At the same time, a 2001 Suzuki GSXR-600 operated by Timothy Lee Gaines Jr., 28, of Mitchellville, Maryland, was traveling on west on Maryland Route 228 east of Buttonbush Drive.

Investigators said that the Suzuki came out from behind the pack of vehicles, accelerated and collided with the rear metal bumper of the Dodge. Gaines became separated from the Suzuki and slid over 340 feet and came to rest on the right shoulder of Route 228 and the Suzuki slid over 520 feet.

According to a preliminary investigation, at least one citizen offered medical assistance until a Charles County Sheriff’s Office deputy arrived on the scene. Gaines was transported by a Maryland State Police Aviation Command helicopter to MedStar Washington Hospital Center in Washington, D.C. for treatment of his injuries.

Speed is believed to be a factor in the collision.

Anyone who may have witnessed this crash is asked to contact the Maryland State Police La Plata Barrack at (301) 392-1200.

6/16/2019: On Wednesday, June 19, 2019, at approximately 4:30 p.m., police fire, and rescue personnel responded to the area of Route 228 and Buttonbush Drive in Waldorf, for the reported motor vehicle accident involving a motorcycle.

Units arrived on scene to find a pick-up truck and motorcycle in the roadway and reported the motorcyclist was conscious alert and breathing with a leg that appeared to be amputated above the knee. Sheriffs Deputies applied a tourniquet and requested a helicopter for his injuries.

The motorcyclist was reportedly thrown more than 40 feet after colliding with a Dodge Ram 1500 pick-up truck. Witnesses reported the motorcycle was in two pieces and did not appear to have a license plate prior to the crash. Police reported the motorcycle was a 2001 Suzuki GSX-R600 motorcycle and did not appear to be registered in the state of Maryland.

The motorcyclist was transported to an area trauma center by Maryland State Police Aviation Command helicopter Trooper 2 where he will be treated for his injuries.

Troopers from the Maryland State Police La Plata Barrack are investigating the crash and updates will be provided when they become available.

120 Responses to UPDATE: Motorcyclist Seriously Injured After Motor Vehicle Accident in Waldorf

1. Renasai on June 19, 2019 at 8:54 pm

This is so sad… Hope he gets a new leg one day.

2. Anonymous on June 19, 2019 at 9:17 pm

Damn! Loses his leg because he was most likely riding like an idiot.
    They do it all the time near where I live. Just a matter of time before someone dies.

I feel bad for the driver of the truck.

• Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 12:32 am

you wild slim he could’ve died

• Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 5:34 am

Yeah, he could have died. Other INNOCENT people could have died because of his behavior.
        I don’t feel sorry for him any more than I feel sorry for a drunk driver who gets hurt in an accident.
        He brought it on himself.

• Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 10:08 am

I am in total agreement with you…..he could have cost the life of a child or someone else because of his carelessness.

• Jerry Gordon on June 20, 2019 at 12:39 pm

You don’t know how he was riding. Maybe the truck was driving like an idiot.

• Jeff Gordon on June 24, 2019 at 12:11 pm

True, but lets be real, the overwhelming majority of these incidents arent “the truck was driving like an idiot” it was “the motorcyclist was driving like an idiot”. Based on the update, we know the truth. Fault is on the idiot on the bike

• Anonymous on June 23, 2019 at 8:20 pm

you are a cold person you was not there have some compassion

• Charles on June 20, 2019 at 7:15 am

You play stupid games you win stupid prizes. I have no sympathy for him

• Really on June 21, 2019 at 1:54 pm

Sounds like it is his own fault

• Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 7:58 am

Exactly

• Chris on June 20, 2019 at 8:29 am

Well he has a point. He didn’y even have a tag on the bike, so he probably was bobbing and weaving in and out of traffic to avoid people and police noticing it wasn’t tagged. It’s sad he lost his leg, but sounds like he has no one to blame, but himeself. What about all of the other people on the road driving home from work or with their family, sons and daughters? What about those people? An innocent life could have been lost because of his reckless driving.

• Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 4:39 pm

I witnessed the accident. He was bobbing and weaving in and out traffic. 30 seconds later, he was on the ground.

• Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 3:27 pm

I saw him hit the truck. I don’t think he saw it in time. He was riding nex to me on my left. I slowed down when I saw the truck turning into the intersection, he didn’t,t. I’m so glad he survived.

• Anonymous on June 21, 2019 at 5:16 pm

So you witnessed the truck cut him off. If truck was turning into the intersection

• Anonymous on June 21, 2019 at 9:40 pm

So if you had to slow down and he was beside you that means the truck had to cut him off. Because if you are making a turn you are suppose to wait until its clear to make a turn. Not cut another drive off.

• Anonymous on June 22, 2019 at 10:24 am

It was already reported that the motorcyclist was speeding, when you merge you merge into the speed of traffic, if someone is speeding it’s impossible to gauge when to merge. The truck was probably trying to merge to the speed of everyone else and since the motorcyclist was speeding he couldn’t slow down to the actual speed limit in time to avoid him.

• It happens on June 24, 2019 at 12:17 pm

The person in the truck, appears to have been making a left turn (from the opposite direction). So yes, he had to cross over the lanes of oncoming traffic, of which the motorcycle was occupying. Its hard to see motorcycles, it just is. This isnt news. Its even harder to see motorcycles that are gigantic pieces of sh*t, that probably dont have a headlight on. And its impossible to see motorcycles that are FLYING down the roadway when they are coming toward you (head on). Judging that can be incredible difficult. Unfortunately mistakes and misjudgments can be made on the road way. The problem is, people like you want everything to be black and white. In your world, the truck turned left across traffic, and therefore it was his fault because “obviously he wasnt clear to make the turn”. Reality is, if the motorcycle was travelling at a normal speed, the truck was clear to make the turn. Responsibility in this is on the motorcyclist. His speed is what cause the misjudgment.

• Anonymous on June 28, 2019 at 11:04 am

Accidents always happen because of someone’s misjudgment. In most states a person with a professional license has to take so many refresher classes pertaining to their field of expertise to renew their license so they can continue to work. This should be the same for renewing a driver’s license. There are so many people driving that don’t know the rules of the road such as changing lanes, the distance you need when you’re following a car, proper merging, etc. People are so inpatient that they don’t give the driver in front of them time to do anything or try to recognize if there is danger ahead. For instance the guy on the motorcycle. He was inpatient and that is why he was speeding going in and out of cars and didn’t have time to ascertain what the traffic ahead was doing. If he had paid attention he would have seen the truck in front of him turning (even if the truck made a quick stop) and been able to stop without hitting the truck in the back. Furthermore, those that are still driving and texting, talking on the cell phone, drinking,speeding, etc., your full attention is not on the road.
            You can cause an accident just like this motorcyclist. You have either been lucky or blessed if you haven’t caused an accident. Comments have been made against this guy good and bad. Does something like this make me angry? Yes. However, something like this makes me more aware of my driving and to be more aware of other drivers. I am not going to judge this person. I am glad his life was spared and no one died as a result of his mistake. Losing a limb is devastating and will affect him for the rest of his life. He is only 28 and young people take chances not realizing the consequences of their actions. Old people know the consequences but still do dumb things. I just hope he learns from his mistakes because look at what his family has to endure.

3. Shawn on June 19, 2019 at 9:25 pm

Time to ban those types of bikes off the road. They cause nothing but trouble

• Tone on June 19, 2019 at 10:46 pm

Yea their sport track bikes no business on the road

• D on June 20, 2019 at 5:53 am

I guess sport cars i.e. Camaro’s, Mustangs, Challengers, Subaru’s, etc. shouldn’t be on the road either; because they should only be on a track! Those are asinine statements if i ever heard one. And yes i ride motorcycles including sport bikes. Furthermore I am licensed, insured, and have taken defensive driving classes from the MSF (motorcycle safety foundation). One persons idiotic actions (which I am sure he regrets immensely in light of his accident-for himself and the other motorist, and loss of him limb) shouldn’t be held against the biker community.

• Charles on June 21, 2019 at 7:50 am

When the vast majority of sport bike owners treat the road like a race track, then of course people are going to look down on them, myself included. They have no business sharing the road and do not belong on it

• Really on June 21, 2019 at 2:00 pm

Any types of vehicles belong (legal) on the road. But they all must obey the rules of the road. This is a must to be part of a civilized society.

• Also Shawn on June 20, 2019 at 7:27 am

If we continue to manufacture bikes, people will continue to use them for what they are intended for. Speed. Its fun to ride fast. And deadly. Time to wake up people

• Mel on June 20, 2019 at 2:50 pm

And, I guess we need to ban any car that goes faster than the speed limit.

• Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 6:24 pm

Like assault weapons?

• Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 8:46 am

It’s not the bikes they should ban it’s the idiots
      That ride them

• Bebop on June 20, 2019 at 11:36 am

You’ve reached your bag limit for the day Shawn….GOT’EM!!

• Jonathan the zombie on June 24, 2019 at 12:57 pm

I like turtles!

4. Anonymous on June 19, 2019 at 9:56 pm

Rippin and dippin
    cost him a leg.
    No insurance for sure.

• Anonymous on June 27, 2019 at 8:20 am

He comes from a wealthy family he is well taking care of I’m his cousin.

• Anonymous on June 28, 2019 at 11:21 am

Did you say rich? You just hurt their chances of getting help. I just saw a go fund me page asking for money? I was going to contribute but since they are rich, they don’t need my little dollars. Thanks for the info.

5. KAREN RICHARDSON on June 19, 2019 at 11:52 pm

My daughter saw the accident she said the cycle was speeding and weaving in and out of traffic. The cycle was in front of her vehicle when the accident happened. She was horrified. I would like the person’s information on the cycle
    , she is 6 months pregnant and emotionally disturbed by the sight. My grand daughter (3) was in the car and shaken as well. I wish all involved the best but can’t help but be peeved, we as a people could to try to consider others when we make decisions. You never know who will be affected. Very unfortunate!

• Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 1:33 am

He is still alive and good! Thank God

• Wiggy on June 20, 2019 at 6:00 am

Get over yourself granny and tell your daughter to stop being a drama mamma. She’s about to pass that crap on and there are enough dramatic women out there.

• GimmeABreak on June 20, 2019 at 11:02 am

i agree! Looking for the bucks will help I’m sure. God I hate a whimp.

• Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 1:43 pm

YOU SEE THIS EVERYDAY SO I’M PRETTY SURE THIS NOT HER FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH A MOTORCYCLIST WEAVING IN AND OUT OF FRONT OF HER COME ON NOW GET A GRIP PLEASE SOMEBODY ALWAYS LOOKING TO GAIN MONEY FROM SOMEONE JUST STOP THE DRAMA

• Am I doing it right? on June 20, 2019 at 7:28 am

You ma’am, are a racist!

(sarcasm)

• Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 9:06 am

Yes, your daughter and granddaughter are the real victims here….

• SEXI on June 20, 2019 at 1:46 pm

PLEASE GET A LIFE ARE THEY HURT NO DID THEY GO TO THE HOSPITAL HELL NO SO PULL YOUR GRANNY PANTIES UP AND GET A REAL LIFE AND YOUR OWN MONEY

• Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 6:25 pm

Victims of everyday life. Stuff happens and we continue to live. Oh well.

• Andlifegoeson on June 21, 2019 at 1:11 pm

Oh, that’s a crock of crap. How can a 3 yo. Be affected by this crash if she was in a child car seat sitting in the back. Did your daughter take her out of her seat and rush to the aid of the driver or just sit in the car and call your mama and tell her what you just saw. You all will get over it. As long as you were not hurt or involved in the accident, forget it and life goes on. When I was in the military during Desert Storm, I was people being blown apart with body parts scattered all over the place. Hell I got over it and again life goes on. So your daughter is 6 months pregnant and what has this to do with the accident. Did the unborn child see it or heard it? No. So again life goes on and forget it.

• Shelly on June 20, 2019 at 10:33 am

I’m sure the fella is very VERY sorry he didn’t have your daughters sensitive needs on his mind as he lay there missing a body part and scared out of his mind. #rollingmyeyestothepointofthemfallingout.

• Charles on June 22, 2019 at 12:32 pm

Did you seriously use a hash tag? Lol must be a millennial

• eighthnote on June 20, 2019 at 2:04 pm

My son was also at the scene. He’s the young man that applied the tourniquet made from his shirt.He also talked to the injured rider and kept him awake. He learned the motorcycle thug that some of you described,is 29 years old young man. He has a 1 year old daughter and a 7th grade daughter.As for the collision. The truck making a turn off of 228 cut in front of the motorcycle.For anybody to assume the bike rider was to blame,with the knowledge of a 5 paragraph report, you people are the worse kind.And Ma’am, I’m sure your grand daughter and daughter were upset. So was my son. He came upon a young man lying on the hot pavement with his femur showing.Everything below that was gone.So Ma’am if you feel the need for anger,aim it at the the truck that caused it. That is if you really need to be angry!

• Anonymous on June 21, 2019 at 9:31 pm

Thank you. The injured you said the truck driver cut him off. Please tell your son to let the police know that this truck driver caused this accident. This young deserves the truth to be told.

• Anonymous on June 23, 2019 at 1:46 pm

An untagged bike has no business on the road, should not have been there. Regardless of who cut off who, an illegal vehicle will ALWAYS be at fault for an accident.

• Anonymous on June 22, 2019 at 10:30 am

I genuinely feel for that man driving the motorcycle, but many have reported that he had an unregistered bike, was speeding, and weaving in and out of traffic. If you truly cared for the lives of your children, you wouldn’t allow yourself to act in such an reckless manner. What if he lost his life and his babies grew up without a dad? Essentially, both parties are to blame for this incident.

• Aaron on June 20, 2019 at 5:13 pm

That was my brother that was in that horrible accident and he’s actually doing pretty good with his lost right leg . It’s so funny to see so many negative comments from people that don’t know what the hell happened . So please take a seat you idiots your probably not African American and always quick to jump the conclusions so if you don’t have anything positive please shut the hell up thank you

• Ashley on June 21, 2019 at 10:24 pm

Praying for your brother. I’m sorry these idiots are so quick to blame the bike riders, NOT all of them are asshole drivers, majority of them yes, but not all. Sending my deepest prayers for him.

• How does race factor in? on June 24, 2019 at 12:24 pm

What does race have to do with anything???? Cant the black community go 10 seconds without bringing race into it???? WTF. I have seen absolutely no reporting on the race of the individuals involved in this, and you come in and say “your (SIC) probably not African American”. SO EFFING WHAT if I am or am not African American. You are a weird dude to make it a racial thing just for the sake of making it racial. Not sure that was a positive thing to say. Practice what you preach if you can only add racism to the conversation, dont add anything at all

6. Just pray on June 20, 2019 at 1:03 am

Just keep the young man in prayer we all was young and made a lot of foolish decision I know him and the family very well just keep my brother and his family in prayer thank you

7. Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 1:50 am

You people are so ignorant, WE AS PEOPLE COULD TRY TO CONSIDER OTHERS WHEN WE MAKE COMMENTS!

8. dawn on June 20, 2019 at 5:01 am

not everyone who rides a sport bike drives poorly. There are places nearby that teach motorcycle safety as well. Two wheels or four, some people believe they own the road. I do hope this guy survives and goes on to help other bikers not make mistakes like his.

9. Tron Mason on June 20, 2019 at 6:44 am

Me and my three kids happened to be riding in the east bound lane on 228 and saw the aftermath seconds after the crash. The sight was horrific and shook me to my core. Continued prayers for the young man and all involved. It’s a miracle he’s alive. Prayer works! Be safe out there people.

10. Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 7:54 am

So, you want the guys information so you can sue him for your daughter’s emotional distress? Wow!

• Nikko on June 20, 2019 at 11:25 am

No tags no insurance owns nothing. Can’t get blood out of a turnip.

• Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 4:44 pm

No suit never entered my mind just want to know who he is so I can reach out to him on a few different levels.

• Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 6:26 pm

It’s the American way.

11. Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 8:07 am

AGAIN,driving like an idiot,no tags,unregistered,speeding,weaving in and out of traffic.NO SYMPATHY. He should go to jail because these thugs wont stop unless they get put in jail for a longtime.He puts people in danger.

• Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 8:53 am

How do you know it was a thug if you were not there? I can relate to your frustration but no need to be judgmental of the person in anyway. If he was driving recklessly & this is the result, hopefully he learns his lesson & sees the value in life after this. I hope all the families that were involved are ok, not just physically but most importantly mentally. Hopefully this guy has a full recovery & is blessed with a prosthetic leg, they can be very expensive. I’m so thankful that things were not worse. Prayers for everyone.

• Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 11:04 am

YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HIM, STOP ASSUMING. HE’S FAR FROM A THUG. HE JUST MADE A STUPID DECISION.

• Anonie on June 20, 2019 at 6:55 pm

D E C I S I O N S ! ! !

• Anonymous on June 21, 2019 at 7:48 am

REALLY,thats why he was riding a bike with NO TAGS,NOT REGISTERED,SPEEDING,DRIVING RECKLESSLY and putting other people at risk.YOU PEOPLE NEED TO STOP IGNORING THE FACTS.

12. Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 8:47 am

Yes this also caused my neighborhood traffic to spike as Google Maps rerouted everyone to the RT228 and Buttonbush intersection. A few seconds of caution and patience would have saved his leg, caused no emotional distress, and no traffic issues.

Just a few seconds of patience to wait a minute longer to get home. Slow down and drive carefully.

• Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 9:55 am

I live in the area off of 210 near 228 Berry Road and it is ridiculous how the motorcycle riders speed up and down 210 and 228 doing at least 80-100 MPH….dodging in and out of traffic during rush hour too, and the signs are posted for automobile drivers to look out for the motorcycle riders – there should be signs out informing the motorcycle riders to drive safely for automobile drivers also – they should not weave in and out of traffic – riding between cars because they do not want to wait for the light or sit in rush hour traffic. I agree with the anonymous person’s comment that this motorcyclist should be charged with wreck less driving and whatever other charges that the police can charge him with because this accident could have been worst where it involved that person’s daughter and her unborn child.
      It took me over 2 hours to get home yesterday because I am not that familiar with the Waldorf, Md., area and every where I drove to get back on to 228 it was yellow taped off – I was upset I ended up in a development off of Trumpeter Drive trying to get to 228 and then I ended up on Hamilton which took me to Accokeek Road and was able to get to 210 – but the traffic was horrible because this needless and senseless accident took place during rush hour traffic.

• Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 10:05 am

I was probably one of the motorist caught up in that mess trying to get on 228 to get home – I got turned around using my Navigation system on Cygnet and Trumpeter – then I followed someone and was able to get on Hamilton – which took me to Accokeek Road but the traffic was horrible because eventually everyone else figured that route out too.

13. Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 8:49 am

Apparently he only put himself in danger as most motorcyclist do. A car vs. a motorcycle always means the car wins. It’s amazing that people have lost their humanity regarding something that doesn’t affect you personally. “No sympathy”?!? Where’s the human decency?!? I’m sorry a pregnant woman is emotionally distraught but we don’t know how this man and his family are affected by the loss of a limb. Y’all are probably the same people that will drive by or take pics instead of rendering aid…it’s sad what this world has come to

14. Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 9:23 am

Sorry for your loss (of your leg). Consequences of your actions dude.

15. Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 9:42 am

I was passing thru Waldorf on Father’s Day around 6:30 and this guy on a bike was doing a wheelie for almost 1/2 mile.

16. S Robey on June 20, 2019 at 9:46 am

Sometimes people state the obvious… all drivers regardless of what they drive know right from wrong. Those in wrong may not ever read an article or a post about safety. Prayers for all involved. Even tho a witness maybe traumatized hopefully she was able to provide assistance. Secondly our military and first responders see trauma and difficulties everyday.

17. Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 9:46 am

This is a tragedy. Let us not be so judgemental and more sympathetic. The young man has lost his leg. My prayer is that he recovers from this tragedy. I’m pretty sure his family loves him just like your family loves you. When will we learn to be more compassionate.

• tiredofthesepeople on June 20, 2019 at 1:13 pm

B.S. It was his own fault that he was injured. These fricking idiots on motorcycles think they can do whatever they want.

18. Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 9:50 am

• Anon on June 20, 2019 at 10:35 am

He lost his leg that’s enough, you’re being irrational. He will likely NEVER ride again

• Anonymous on June 21, 2019 at 7:43 am

Good!

• Anonymous Chika on June 21, 2019 at 7:44 am

Good!

• DurtySanchez on June 20, 2019 at 2:14 pm

Yeah, he needs to pay! Charge him an arm and a leg….wow! He’s halfway there, you Happy now? Does this satisfy the traumatized pregnant woman? Will dozens of people need therapy now? Will Obamacare pay for it? Seriously now, nobody cares about your feelings, the dude lost his leg, that should be his wake up call.

19. The most interesting motorcyclist in world on June 20, 2019 at 9:56 am

I dont always lose my leg in a crotch rocket accident, but when I do, its because I was riding like an absolute a-hole moron, with an unregistered motorcycle.

20. Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 10:19 am

People talk to dam much, Thug (not at all)
    Smh

21. Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 10:34 am

People are so judgmental take, his lesson and learn from it. No need to scorn him for he has already payed for his actions. We are not god.

22. Member - COGIC on June 20, 2019 at 11:45 am

We are praying for our superintendent, Garden of Gethsemane Church of God In Christ for comfort as his son, Tim Jr. rehabilitate from his injuries. His suffering is great but God is able to comfort him. We are devastated to learn that he lost his leg because he is such a great organist. He is such a young man, just in his 20’s.

We love you, Pastor Gaines.

23. Sharonda S. on June 20, 2019 at 12:55 pm

All of yall that are posting negative comments just need to stop because if yall were in his shoes you wouldn’t be carrying on like this. So just stop all the nasty and disheartening comments. I know the guy that was on the motorcycle. He attends my church. The way how yall are responding yall need to go to church. I feel so bad for him. Yes, what he was doing wasn’t right but show some type of sympathy and remorse. What has this world come too. Wow coldhearted people. I praise God he isn’t dead. Thank God it was only a leg and not his life. It could’ve been anyone in this situation but God. So don’t go around talking negatively.

• Jason on June 21, 2019 at 7:40 pm

You mean his shoe right?

• Anonymous on June 24, 2019 at 8:44 am

THE PEOPLE ARE SICK AND TIRED OF DEALING WITH IDIOTS THAT DRIVE LIKE MANIACS AND PUT OTHER PEOPLE IN DANGER.

• Anonymous on June 27, 2019 at 3:25 pm

Why would the people commenting be remorseful? It’s the motorcycle driver who should be remorseful for making such a poor decision. He was the only one that could have prevented this from happening. Please check the dictionary before using words you don’t know the meaning of.

24. Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 3:02 pm

So many judgments and don’t know who was at fault. How do you know the other driver could of been at fault and cUsed the whole accident.

25. Durant LaMont Spann II on June 20, 2019 at 3:11 pm

First off if you was not there and do not know the whole story shut up. And if you would like to keep going I’ll meet you anywhere and we can talk like adults face to face. He wasn’t being stupid on the bike. Yes he’s alive and speaking and yes he lost his leg but the ACTUAL story of what happened hasn’t made it into the news cycle. You shouldn’t assume all motorists do the same thing. Yes ppl do dumb things but in this case watch what you say. Not threatening you in anyway but I know ppl that’s been dealt with for saying less than what you and plenty others are trying to say now about this situation.

• fahqueue on June 21, 2019 at 8:53 pm

Multiple witnesses say he was driving recklessly. So yes, I would call that “being stupid on the bike.” Tell Lt. Dan I said hi.

• And...? on June 24, 2019 at 12:32 pm

I LOVE when people come on here, and they break it down to us. Like they are going to set the record straight, but then………. Nothing. SO WHAT IS THE REAL STORY, SINCE YOU KNOW IT. Set the record straight. Give us the details that havent made the news cycle. Otherwise, whats your point?

26. Lisa on June 20, 2019 at 4:02 pm

Yes, it was definitely irresponsible to weave in traffic. Come on regardless of the act which lacked judgment, didn’t practice safety and irregard of others lives. I wish we all had a little more empathy for one another. This is someone’s family member and now this will be a lifelong lesson never to be forgotten. I am hopeful for the best recovery possible for the individual.

Better decisions will definitely come as a result of this serious injury.

• Anonymous on June 27, 2019 at 3:30 pm

Unfortunately people who break the law don’t usually learn their lesson. Somehow they manage to blame others.

27. Anonymous on June 20, 2019 at 4:45 pm

Real question is: Did motorcycle driver cause the accident or did the other driver cut the motorcycle off on purpose. People are very mean to motorcyclist and will cut them off just because the don’t like motorcycles. WHAT REALLY HAPPEN are their any real witnesses or people just running their mouth.

28. Dr. Demetrius L. Williams, PhD on June 20, 2019 at 5:00 pm

Please be considerate… this is my nephew and wrong or right please consider… God bless you is my prayer…

29. Nisha on June 20, 2019 at 6:39 pm

People crack me up… prayers are sent to the rider and the driver .. but what most “cage drivers” don’t understand is that most motorcycle riders bob and weave out of traffic to avoid being hit from the back or there could have been a prior incident before his crash where a driver could have almost hit him.. stop thinking every time a biker rider gets in accident that they are a thug or riding wreck less… cause if ur love one was to ride a bike and something happened to them I’m pretty sure the first thing that will come out ur mouth is “ he or she was a great person.. whole time u read an article like this and everyone on here calling them a thug or an idiot… and to Karen.. hunni u not goin to get nothing from him or the state because ur daughter and grand daughter saw the accident… It’s life.. u goin to see a lot of things happen.. next time tell her to close her eyes‍♀️‍♀️

• tiredofthesepeople on June 22, 2019 at 3:49 pm

B.S. 90% of the crotch rockets think they can do anything. Speeding well over the speed limit. Weaving in and out of traffic, Pasing on the shoulder. They deserve what they get!

• * on June 24, 2019 at 12:40 pm

Um, he pulled out of line and went screaming past all the cars in the right lane. Let me guess, he was afraid of getting hit from behind, when he was in a line of cars all going 60 mph. What the f*ck are you talking about? He decided to pass all the “slow pokes”. Thats it. We all occasionally get frustrated and speed past a line of vehicles, but lets stop pretending this dude is blameless. Stop equating “at fault” for “bad person”. He made a decision, and now he will need to live with that decision. Thats life. Its unfortunate for him, I feel for him. But he made a choice, as we all make choices, and it bit him. Thats it. End of story. He wasnt just cruising the street, obeying all laws, and got clobbered through no fault of his own. His behavior and decision to speed past those vehicles directly lead to this unfortunate event. Why cant we all just be honest and call a spade a spade? Why do we have to sugar coat it. The dude effed up, and he paid. Stop making excuses for why he might have done what he did. Actions have consequences. He doesnt need to be bad mouthed on here, and he doesnt need to be defended either. The accident happened. He was speeding. These are all facts of the case. It is what it is.

30. Anonie on June 20, 2019 at 7:06 pm

irregard* without without regard – does 2 negatives equal a positive here *the word is regardless

31. Cherolynn on June 20, 2019 at 10:49 pm

This guy was bobbing and weaving through traffic like a mad man. Going had to be over 80 miles per hour. Happened right in front of me after he flew past me his wind gust shanking my car. I’m so glad her no dead! But I hope he rethinks about driving so recklessly could have killed him or someone eles

32. Bebop on June 21, 2019 at 9:07 am

Was only a matter of time with his driving record. He DID NOT learn ftom his past mistakes.

• Anonymous on June 21, 2019 at 2:48 pm

ASSAULT-SEC DEGREE 2009
      SEX OFFENSE FOURTH DEGREE 2009
      ASSAULT-SEC DEGREE 2019
      KNOWINGLY DRIVING UNINSURED VEHICLE 2012
      DRIVING VEHICLE IN EXCESS OF REASONABLE AND PRUDENT SPEED ON HIGHWAY 75 IN 50 2016
      PERSON DRIVING MOTOR VEHICLE ON HIGHWAY OR PUBLIC USE PROPERTY ON SUSPENDED

LICENSE AND PRIVILEGE 2016
      FAILURE TO DISPLAY REGISTRATION CARD UPON DEMAND BY POLICE OFFICER 2016
      NEGLIGENT DRIVING VEHICLE IN CARELESS AND IMPRUDENT MANNER ENDANGERING PROPERTY,

LIFE AND PERSON 2016
      RECKLESS DRIVING VEHICLE IN WANTON AND WILLFUL DISREGARD FOR SAFETY OF PERSONS AND

PROPERTY 2016
      DRIVER CHANGING LANES WHEN UNSAFE 2016
      DRIVER FAILURE TO OBEY DESIGNATED LANE DIRECTIONS 2016
      PASSENGER AGE 16 OR MORE IN REAR SEAT OF MOTOR VEH WITHOUT SEATBELT RESTRAINT 2016
      OPER. MOTOR VEH. WITH OPERATOR NOT RESTRAINED BY SEAT BELT 2016
      DRIVING VEHICLE WHILE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL 2015
      DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL PER SE 2015
      DRIVING WHILE IMPAIRED BY ALCOHOL 2015
      DRIVING VEH. WHILE SO FAR IMPAIRED BY ALCOHOL CANNOT DRIVE SAFELY 2015
      DRIVER FAILURE TO STOP FOR PEDESTRIAN IN CROSSWALK CONTRIBUTING TO ACCIDENT 2008
      FAILURE OF VEH. DRIVER TO STOP AFTER UNATTENDED (VEH., PROPERTY) DAMAGE ACCIDENT 2008
      (DRIVING,ATTEMPTING TO DRIVE) VEHICLE WHILE UNDER THE INFLUENCE 2008
      FAILURE OF VEH. DRIVER IN ACCIDENT TO LOCATE AND NOTIFY OWNER OF UNATTENDED

(VEH.,PROPERY)OF DAMAGE 2008
      AFFIDAVIT JUDGMENT ENTEREDJudgment Date:11/15/2012
      Judgment Amount: $30,000.00

• Fruity on June 21, 2019 at 3:49 pm

That says it all!

• Bebop on June 21, 2019 at 4:07 pm

BOOM!!!!!

• Chaiah on June 25, 2019 at 9:29 am

Sis, you got to much time on your hands!!! I’m sure if it were you, you would want others to look pass your criminal history and focus on the present accident. This was unnecessary and still doesn’t prove anything pertaining to that day. Your passion for this situation is so strong I would’ve thought you were involved. However this is pointless because nothing of what you say or post will determine the fault of the accident. Stop allowing his color to define him as a thug because he is far from that, I know for myself by the way he was brought up. Please keep your assumptions and foolish comments to your self. However praying for him would be a big factor in his condition, his life is forever changed and now will have to learn to adjust to his new normal. How about praying for full recovery, his mind or his children and family that are effected as well. Be purposeful and productive during your day instead of writing such negative comments as some have posted.

• Anonymous on June 27, 2019 at 3:28 pm

A full recovery, why? So he can go out and make another bad decision? Maybe next time he hurts someone other than himself.

No one has said anything about color. You did though. Looks like you’re the racist.

Stop acting like the motorcycle driver was an upstanding citizen of the law. He made really stupid decisions, get caught and now has to live with the consequences.

• Anonymous on June 28, 2019 at 9:58 am

What I won’t do is argue with someone who has little to no knowledge on the situation or the person. However I’m far from races. He has been called a “thug” and that simply insinuates someone who is black. Have you ever heard of a white person being a thug??? I thought not. So my statement still stands, and until you gain accurate knowledge you should indeed keep your mouth closed.

33. Anonymous on June 21, 2019 at 4:11 pm

Looks like you shut the comments defending him down with his criminal history.

• Anonymous on June 22, 2019 at 4:49 pm

Please…criminal history doesn’t have a dam thing to do with the accident that happen on that particular day and time.

• Anonymous on June 26, 2019 at 11:19 am

YES IT DOES. THUG BEHAVIOR DOESNT CHANGE.

34. Anonymous on June 21, 2019 at 4:57 pm

Would the person that witnessed the truck cutting this motorcycle rider off. Please let the police know you witnessed what really happen. This young man has lost his leg because of being cut off by the truck driver

• Fixed it for you on June 24, 2019 at 12:44 pm

Would the person that witnessed the truck cutting this motorcycle rider off. Please let the police know you witnessed what really happen. This young man has lost his leg because he was driving waaaaaaaay too fast

35. Andlifegoeson on June 21, 2019 at 5:07 pm

36. Anonymous on June 21, 2019 at 9:08 pm

This clearly says truck was attempting to make a left turn. Last I checked, Maryland law says when making a turn you have to wait until the road is clear to make the turn. It’s obvious the truck made the turn without waiting for a clear passage to get across. That clearly makes the truck driver at fault. So the truck driver should be charged with this accident. And his insurance should be paying for all of this young man’s injury.I would gladly contribute to get this young man a lawyer. People hate motorists always accusing without knowing facts/the law.

• Open your eyes on June 24, 2019 at 12:56 pm

God I hate people like you. For one second, stop and think a little bit beyond the black and white letters on the page in the law books. If a motorcycle is traveling 60 mph, and they are a quarter of a mile away, you see them and think, I can make this. You then make the turn, and all is well. Now, imagine that same scenario, except this time, the motorcycle is travelling 100 mph. You cant tell how fast they are going, from that distance it looks the same whether they are travelling 50, 75, 100… And again, just like before, you decide you can make the turn. Had the bike been travelling at a normal speed, all is well. But when that bike increases speed like that, it becomes an accident. This is not the fault of the driver in the truck. This is the fault of the motorcycle FLYING down the roadway.

• Anonymous on June 25, 2019 at 7:10 pm

Oh wow did you use God and hate in the same sentence. Sound like I hit a nerve. Does that mean you know the truck driver is guilty a d you don’t want the truth to come out

• Anonymous on June 27, 2019 at 3:31 pm

Couldn’t “attempting to make a left turn” mean he was sitting at a stop with his turn signal on waiting to go?

37. Bebop on June 22, 2019 at 11:46 am

Read the story….came from behind a pack of vehicles. He slid over 300 feet,the bike slid over 500 feet. What would you guess his speed was at impact? Well above the speed limit.

• Anonymous on June 22, 2019 at 4:52 pm

Maybe you need to read. One of comments said he was riding on the left side of her car

38. Anonymous on June 25, 2019 at 7:42 pm

Do motorcyclists take a state-wide or nationwide day off of riding when this happens?