August 3, 2019

On Saturday, August 3, 2019, at approximately 1:55 a.m., Deputies from the St. Mary’s and Calvert County Sheriff’s Offices and Troopers from the Maryland State Police Leonardtown and Prince Frederick Barracks responded to the Bay District Volunteer Fire Department social hall at 46900 South Shangri-La Drive in Lexington Park, for the report of shots fired.

When officers arrived on the scene they found a large crowd in the parking lot fighting. Officers found two people shot and multiple shell casings on the ground.

Multiple pieces of evidence were recovered on the scene, at least one vehicle was struck by gunfire, and was impounded by the Sheriff’s Office.

A 37-year-old female was transported by an ambulance to an area trauma center with a gunshot to the leg. The second victim, a 26-year-old female was transported by an ambulance to an area trauma center with unknown but serious injuries. A third victim, an unknown aged male was dropped off at the MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital at approximately 3:05 a.m., with a gunshot wound and was flown to an area trauma center.

At this time, it is unknown if any arrests were made, and if the third shooting victim was shot at the Bay District Volunteer Fire House, or at the IHOP.

Detectives and Crime Lab Technicians from the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigations Division are actively investigating the shooting, and details will be provided as they become available.

126 Responses to Three Victims Transported to Trauma Centers After Being Shot Early Saturday Morning in Lexington Park

1. Wiggy on August 3, 2019 at 12:07 pm

Animals acting like animals. What the hell is their problem? Why do they not know how to act civilized?!?!?

• Anonymous on August 3, 2019 at 1:41 pm

Because they are savages. And savages will defend the horrendous actions of other savages. It’s a vicious cycle that ultimately ends up like Baltimore.

• Anonymous on August 3, 2019 at 2:40 pm

Bring in the old Rev. Al. He’ll fix it. Or at least get his face on TV, whine and moan. Blame the white man. Solve nothing. Take no responsibility. Stir the pot. Another cultural cycle like all the others.

• Anonymous on August 4, 2019 at 11:20 am

Rev. Al. LOL. The racial ambulance chaser. His motto is – Let me be behind you when you’re on TV crying and I’ll make every incident racial. I won’t solve anything. I’ll just stir the pot and create more divide.

• MARIA on August 5, 2019 at 9:02 am

first of ALL!! THE 26 YEAR OLD WAS WHITE SO WHY WOULD AL SHARPTON BE CALLED..YOU PEOPLE ARE SO RACIST AND IGNORANT IS PATHETIC LOL.

• Reverse Racism on August 10, 2019 at 11:43 am

You people love to use the term “Racist” when it doesn’t actually apply . Perhaps I meant CRIMINAL when I said “they,” not a black person. Maybe you’re the one stereotyping which is easy to do since your own culture perpetually displays young black men living a “thug” life.

2. Dan on August 3, 2019 at 12:16 pm

The Hood was restless this morning

• FW Daclerk on August 6, 2019 at 7:25 am

this place is just as dangerous as Nairobi or Cape Town. Time to get outta here. Pull the police out and just let it go.

3. Anonymous on August 3, 2019 at 12:27 pm

Just a matter of Time, They destroy everything they Touch, Washington, Dc, PG County, Waldorf, Where can we move to get away from there mess, Sad kill every Weekend,

• bliss on August 5, 2019 at 9:04 am

“they” you are implying black people so just say it and its funny bc the 26 year old was WHITE lol ignorance is bliss.

• SonjaD on August 7, 2019 at 2:17 pm

So? The token white boy got shot? Guilty by association. Trash is trash.

• Da7thLetta on August 7, 2019 at 3:19 pm

you can always go back to Europe

4. Anonymous on August 3, 2019 at 12:28 pm

Let’s guess their persuasion.

5. Anonymous on August 3, 2019 at 12:30 pm

Yeah, we all know how this will turn out. C’mon, you know… Are you afraid to say it? C’mon. The shooter will look like all the others.

• Anonymous on August 3, 2019 at 2:12 pm

No doubt. They’re violent turds

6. Anonymous on August 3, 2019 at 12:51 pm

southern md. is beginning to be like the city

7. I’m_Me on August 3, 2019 at 1:17 pm

I guess them and they and animals are the black people right?

• Anonymous on August 3, 2019 at 3:46 pm

BINGO! Winner, winner, chicken dinner. You can pick a prize from the bottom row.

• Anonymous on August 3, 2019 at 4:53 pm

I’m trying to figure that out as well.

• Anonymous on August 5, 2019 at 11:05 pm

Nah. They, them and animals are the dregs of society. Doesn’t matter the color.

• Thomas on August 6, 2019 at 1:40 pm

i live in another state and found this article and read it, my heart are with all that were injured. But from what I have read in the comments, you are the most sensible one (Anonymous)or at least made a decent comment which I agree with. If all of you on here live in the same community and the undertone remarks made, I feel sorry for your city or community. I would think every one was adults on here if so I can see where the children get it from. And if you wonder what race I am, since it seems that’s what drives these comments, I am of the Human Race what about you?

• Synonymous on August 11, 2019 at 9:45 pm

Well Thomas, I don’t concern myself with race either. I do see it from both black and white. There’s no way to tell what city/community they’re from. I’m of the Human race also.
          It’s – “my heart IS with”.

8. Jerome Butler on August 3, 2019 at 2:52 pm

Slay District! It’s out of control down there. The cops can’t protect you, gotta fend for yourselves! Oh, it’s ON!!!

9. Nikko on August 3, 2019 at 4:02 pm

Animals are migrating from DC and PG CO south. They are working on Charles CO now and probably will try to head south to ST. Mary’s. Really a shame southern Maryland used to be a really good lace to live, but things are changing, only hope is the rednecks in St. Mary’s can band together and save the Mother County.

10. Blackk Jackk on August 3, 2019 at 8:39 pm

Shangri-La Drive sounds as inappropriately named as Seat Pleasant.

11. Anonymous on August 3, 2019 at 8:56 pm

Half the problem is every single racist person in the comments! You all should be ashamed…

• Anonymous on August 4, 2019 at 1:43 am

Nothing is racist when it’s TRUE! All my years here in SMC, you don’t see the white people out there shooting each other and acting stupid…just sayin

• parent - white one on August 5, 2019 at 6:41 am

Definitely not half of the problem – but the amount of racists remarks in the comments is unbelievable. A true statement does not make it less racist of a statement. Fact is, look over these comments daily, and you will see a pattern. When it is a less-melaninated person – there are excuses made, they aren’t every type of animal or thug, Little Effing Johnny just made a mistake. It is insane that you all cannot see just how ignorant you sound behind a computer screen. And while I am sure you are comfortable making these comments from behind your phone – I am willing to BET you won’t take that sheet off in public…and let people know who you are. In your own little racist circle – I am sure this is acceptable. You probably even have a token black friend too – to prove you aren’t! LOL

• Wiggy on August 5, 2019 at 8:04 am

Why!?! Where is the outrage from the community? When will they step up and police themselves? They want respect but don’t respect themselves.

• I Know you're Right on August 5, 2019 at 8:32 am

BOOM!!!

• parent - white one on August 5, 2019 at 9:32 am

Who is ‘they’???? ‘THEY’ want respect but don’t respect themselves? STFU for real. Your white privilege is oozing from your pores. Oozing. The average human being wants respect and doesn’t respect themselves. How about you say what you really want to say. Who is THEY, Wiggy? Answer that. Who the heck is ‘they’?? Put it all out there.

• Wiggy on August 5, 2019 at 11:03 pm

To “parent – white one”. What is white privilege? I’ve never seen it or been afforded the opportunity to use it. Im a productive member of society and I’m tired of people of ANY color who don’t do the same. When members of a community act like an animal, whether they’re white, black, purple or yellow, I’m going to call it like I see it. I’m sorry that you put your “black shades” on today and think everything I say is geared toward the black community, but it’s not. Keep up the racism though.

• parent - white one on August 7, 2019 at 8:59 am

Wiggy, Wiggy, Wiggy! My dearest Wiggy. You say – What is white privilege? I’ve never seen it or been afforded the opportunity to use it.

Simply being, my dear, is using it. The fact that you are given the benefit of the doubt in situations. The fact that you aren’t followed in stores because of the color of your skin. The fact that someone doesn’t question the answers that you give…that is white privilege. It is NOT a handout – it is not something that you can change either. It is always going to be that way based upon the color of your skin. The fact that you don’t acknowledge what it is is a problem. A real one. If more white people would actually acknowledge that this is real – and happens – could go a long way in changing it.

• Wiggy on August 7, 2019 at 7:27 pm

So because I’m white (you’re assuming I am) it’s my fault? Got it. You know how you make a change? Get rid of the stereotype by acting like a civilized human being. Get your peers to do the same. Hold your own community accountable when you see them doing wrong. The fact that you are calling yourself “the white one” just further exasperates the racial divide in America. Why can’t you be “the parent?”

• Wiggy on August 8, 2019 at 1:23 pm

It’s a shame that SMNEWSNET is selectively posting my comments even though none of them contain curse or vulgar words.

• Anonymous on August 5, 2019 at 8:18 pm

Can you provide 3 specific instances of “less-melaninated” bias you refer too? How about just 2? Be specific, please.

• Azazel on August 7, 2019 at 5:46 pm

This is why your husband left and your kids are in jail.

• parent - white one on August 8, 2019 at 12:34 pm

Azazel – My husband of 22 years has not left me. We currently have one child in the Navy, one child in the Air Force, and our youngest starting their freshman year of high school soooooo there is that :)

• Azazel on August 11, 2019 at 9:49 pm

Good cover story.

• parent - white one on August 5, 2019 at 6:42 am

Actually, what you don’t see is the paper and news out here publicizing when it happens. But lookie hear little deary, it happens. In your good old SMC. Can’t believe you are that naive to think it doesn’t.

• DeebaD on August 7, 2019 at 2:26 pm

Just by being white is white privilege? LOL You crack me up! Using that logic, JUST being black doesn’t make one oppressed either, nor does it make one qualified for all of the other handouts afforded black people. I have been followed in a store by a black cop and I was an employee. He just knew I was going to walk out of there with some little crap. LOL I was also turned down for a scholarship that I was more than qualified for, the best in the state because I wasn’t “minority” enough in Washington, DC 35 years ago! White privilege exists in the minds of those too dumb or lazy to do better.

• usernametaken on August 8, 2019 at 9:30 pm

It’s the behaviour, not the color of the skiin.

• parent - white one on August 9, 2019 at 6:37 pm

Wiggy – They are selectively posting my comments as well. There is already others that post under Parent (as I used to until I read a comment that wasn’t from me), and one I read as Black Parent – I specified. Not that it matters. I think that SMNEWSNET should post ALL the comments. I do not mind having open conversations about race – I don’t think that is necessarily a bad point to tell others what you see from your view. I don’t intend to change anybody’s mind – but I strongly believe that conversations are needed.

I posted a comment with links from SMNEWSNET – they didn’t post that either. IDK

• Angry Citizen on August 4, 2019 at 2:21 am

Except we’re not. We’re tired of this constantly being the result. We’re tired of our community turning into an episode of LivePD with GTA mixed in. We’re tired of the constant crime not being addressed because ‘it’s racist to say that’. If the story wasn’t repeated over and over and over again, we wouldn’t be here. There’d be no fuel to this fire. Instead, every weekend, the Park has to act foolish and feed into what you’re reading. And that, to me, sounds like the fault of those adding that fuel to that fire.

• Anonymous on August 4, 2019 at 7:05 am

Yeah, that’s the problem. You solved it. Good job. Now the B on B shooting will stop, right?

• Anonymous on August 4, 2019 at 7:36 am

Words don’t kill. The people doing the killing are 100% responsible for their actions. Stop trying to pass the blame

• Blackk Jackk on August 4, 2019 at 7:57 am

Yeah that causes it you stupid moron.

• Anonymous on August 4, 2019 at 8:58 am

Wow! In one single post, you have identified, solved and eradicated racism for generations to come. Nice work!

• Wiggy on August 4, 2019 at 9:28 am

You’re right. My comment about an animal acting like an animal made this happen. Perhaps if they treated each other like human beings and acted with civility, this wouldn’t happen.

12. Anonymous on August 4, 2019 at 3:32 am

Mass shootings almost weekly event,country divided and this is what everyone is focused on?? How about kids overdosing in our county..

• Anonymous on August 4, 2019 at 9:16 am

That’s self inflicted. This is other inflicted.

13. Pete on August 4, 2019 at 3:38 am

Our community is losing lives almost daily because of overdoses….. Our country is divided,mass shootings .. These kids are only hurting themselves and it is sad that they can’t get together without shootings or fights… GOD HELP US ..

• Anonymous on August 4, 2019 at 8:33 am

We appreciate your back to back posts there Pete’y.

• Synonymous on August 4, 2019 at 9:24 am

You clean up a neighborhood house by house. It happens within.
      Parenting has to take place and the culture has to change. Country divided thanks to democrats – that’s how they keep control.
      Can’t get together without shooting each other? Drugs.
      You have to change the culture, liberalism doesn’t work, as you can see from this story.
      You have to change the culture.

• Joe on August 5, 2019 at 8:57 am

Synonymous – You are spot on. Every time that I’m on here and call out the Culture that leads to this nonsense I get flamed and called racist. I’ve dealt with good and bad among most races so skin color isn’t the issue. It’s the culture that is prevelant among certain members of society.

You’re born poor? Okay. At some point in your life it’s your responsibility to work towards financial success. No excuses. It’s harder to start from nothing but it’s possible. Every hour spent selling drugs or stealing could be time devoted to studying and applying yourself to get out of a crappy neighborhood. But that takes hard work and determination. It’s much easier to play the victim and perpetuate a stereotype generation after generation. Status quo is for the lazy. Apparently we have a lot of lazy people here. There are plenty of jobs available and there are still people lining up at the welfare office every day.

• Wiggy on August 5, 2019 at 11:06 pm

Well stated Joe.

• Synonymous on August 6, 2019 at 9:05 pm

Exactly Joe, it’s not about race or financial status, it’s about the culture they grow up in. This could just as easily be rich white kids.
          Your statement is sound. Kids need to be raised in a culture that is positive, with love, discipline, rules, boundries, encouragement, humility, accountability, respect for life, and others and the knowledge that life owes you NOTHING but death, and everything else you will have to go out and work for.
          The negative “bad is cool”, victim, gimme-you owe me culture needs to be shunned and spat on whether you are black, white or other. Poor or Rich, you must attempt to raise an upstanding person, and we as a society need to start shunning the negative instead of celebrating it. Keep calling out what is wrong Joe, and don’t give a damn what they call you – the ones that take offense to calling out what is wrong are the offenders.

• parent - white one on August 5, 2019 at 9:34 am

Parenting is not really the issue. Ignorant. One family can raise two completely different kids. Stop always blaming parents.

• Anonymous on August 5, 2019 at 1:42 pm

You must ne a person who raised one of these critters, I know putting a foot In my kids ass has made ALL the difference, we live in St Mary’s, and we are from PG county, another great parenting tool is to lead by example, like get your ass up and go to work EVERY DAY, use your manners and don’t be be a piece of s>/+.

• parent - white one on August 7, 2019 at 9:02 am

Anon- No – all of my children are very productive members of society. That being said – parents can raise VERY different children. Why are there families that have one addict and other non-addicts? Were they raised differently? Why can parents have children that are hard workers – but also have one that is a criminal? I doubt very seriously that they woke up one morning and said – eff this – let me change my parenting to raise a jackass! See – your logic about putting a foot in the ass is a little far off base. But I digress, you can’t see it.

• Synonymous on August 6, 2019 at 9:23 pm

Don’t feel guilty, a kid can turn out bad no matter what you do.
          That is no reason not to try. Not blaming parents, but that is where you start when analyzing an asshole. Culture has to change also.
          You can’t always blame the parents are not part of the issue as a whole is truly ignorant.
          NOW GET IN THERE AND DISCIPLINE THOSE DAMN KIDS!

• Synonymous on August 7, 2019 at 5:48 pm

“but to say they are not a part of the issue”

14. Anonymous on August 4, 2019 at 5:07 am

Good, let them kill each other off. Nothing but hood rat animals.

15. Tieyourownshoelaces on August 4, 2019 at 7:13 am

Good let them kill each other who cares?

• parent - white one on August 5, 2019 at 9:34 am

Who is ‘them’?

• Wiggy on August 5, 2019 at 11:10 pm

Jesus. The world doesn’t revolve around black people. Stop making it about race and make it about the people that chose to not make a change in themselves. The people who act like degenerates chose to do so of their own volition and it’s ridiculous that they’re own community won’t hold them accountable.

• trailer park trash is all i see on August 7, 2019 at 8:25 am

who said anything about black??? you’re racist the question was who is them you need to be more specific “wiggy” with a name like that “yo mamma” from the trailer park must of not loved you ..im so sorry.

• Wiggy on August 7, 2019 at 7:22 pm

Read the whole thread ding dong.

• Parent - the white one on August 7, 2019 at 7:16 pm

I just asked who is them. You replied the world doesn’t revolve around black people. I guess that answered the question – who is them…from your point of view.

• Wiggy on August 10, 2019 at 11:49 am

You’re insinuating “them” is a black person based upon your own posts through out this thread. Them, they, turd and thug are all terms used to associate a person with criminal behavior.

16. TRUMP USA on August 4, 2019 at 10:32 am

I love how all of these peckerwoods talk all the crap. While your WHITE ANIMALISTIC BEINGS KEEP RATCHENING UP THE BODY COUNT. TALK ALL THAT STUFF. . THANK YOU AR-15, CRYSTAL METH, HEROINE, AND OXYCOTIN YOU ARE DOING THE WORLD A GREAT BENEFIT.

• Wiggy on August 5, 2019 at 8:07 am

Yeah, the “peckerwoods” are the ones killing each other in record numbers! The”peckerwoods” are the ones that have been slinging dope for 40+ years. The “peckerwoods” are the ones who can’t respect each other. Nailed it!

• Trump 2020 on August 8, 2019 at 11:46 am

YHE PECKERWOODS have been bring heroine into the county for decades. If you was an attentrntive person then you’d see a substantial amount of whites being charged with a lot of felony drug arrest. By the way they are dropping off like flies . You shouldnt be so happy because WHITEY, YOUNG AND OLD, ARE DYING AT ALARMING RSTES WITH THAT NEEDLE IN THEIR ARM

• parent - white one on August 8, 2019 at 1:21 pm

Slinging dope for 40+ years. I wonder why there are sentencing disparities between ‘crack’ and ‘coke’ – that correspond with the race that abuses them the most.

Take a look at the “pekerwoods” slinging dope in good ole’ St. Mary’s County. The real ones, the ones that are really doing it at a high volume – one is a prominent lawyer. Fact. Not fiction. One is a GS-13 on PAX. Fact. Not Fiction. The ones that are really bringing the MAJORITY of the product into St. Mary’s County – lack melanin. They do, however, have others disseminate it on the streets. The ones on the streets are not where it is originating from. The police are aware – a few are involved.

“Pekerwoods” are the majority of people with mass shootings. Take a look, you will see I am right. It isn’t onesies and twosies – they take everyone out – and police manage to arrest them without killing the “peckerwoods”.

The “peckerwoods” all have respect for one another – and each other? I wasn’t aware of that. Nor was I aware that they didn’t kill each other.

• Synonymous on August 6, 2019 at 9:36 pm

Keep voting for democrats so planned parenthood can keep eradicating 40% of your race, dumbass.
      By the way you racist asshole, AR15’s, crystal meth, heroin, and OxyCo”n”tin don’t discriminate.
      By the way – it’s Ratche”t”ing and heroin (opioid) not heroine (female hero). If your gonna spew hate, do it correctly moron.

17. Joe Schmoeax on August 4, 2019 at 10:46 am

Wow. St Mary’s residents are a racist bunch…

• Meg Ster on August 4, 2019 at 6:19 pm

Yes they are! It’s appalling.

• Anonymous on August 5, 2019 at 8:11 am

Yep, and the black people will be the first ones to throw the Race card .

• disgusted on August 5, 2019 at 1:55 pm

the racist black people may be the first ones to throw it out there word for word but most racist white people dance around the subject making little comments instead. I am a white person and get tired of hearing all of it! the murders on both sides are about the same. This world is ridiculous! Why do you people have to see the color of the skin instead of the person that is inside?! SMH

18. Bootsbip on August 4, 2019 at 11:33 am

So nice to hear all these good white folks talk about how they are so concerned with the they, them and those people. Umm Black. But, have you read the news lately to who is killing innocent people in the masses? Losers like you making comments are the reason that another loser picks up a gun and do what they do. I can see that the racist pathetic people are now from under their rock and saying what they have always thought no matter what the situation is. Looking for excesses to justify racists comments doesn’t excess you from being a racist. That is what you are so except it because the black community has.

• Wow on August 5, 2019 at 7:52 am

I wish I could understand wtf you are trying to say??? Hopefully English isnt your first language…

• itiswhatitis on August 5, 2019 at 11:39 am

I am white and could understand it. maybe you need to take a comprehension class or are you just that stupid?! Bootsbip has a very valid point! Yes, there are shootings every day even here in good ol Maryland but look at the mass shootings that happen? Most of them are white people who are killing sometimes a dozen at a time! People are quick to say something about black people but are forgetting that white people do the same stupid crap! And yes, there are racist people that come out on the internet but sure as hell wouldn’t speak have the smack they do if they couldn’t hide behind their computer screen. If people would just stop and realize we are all just people we may not be as divided. It people like you “wow” that gives the rest of us a bad name because not all us white people are racist…we are just people just like everyone else who has a different skin tone than we do. Get over yourself!!!

• Itsablackthing on August 5, 2019 at 10:12 pm

There were 55 shootings in Chicago over the weekend, majority were black on black, so every weekend one city, now add baltimore, DC, Detroit, NYC the list goes on, that the news doesn’t report.

• Da7thLetta on August 7, 2019 at 3:50 pm

I wonder if you ever checked the crime rate and shootings in places like, Kent County, Washington or Beattyville, KY.

• Wiggy on August 5, 2019 at 11:14 pm

You’re right. We’re all people, better yet, we’re all Americans. Why are there Native Americans, African Americans, Italian Americans, Latino Americans, etc.? Stop making it about race. If you’re an American, then be an American and drop the preface. Act like an American. Respect your community. Respect yourself. Respect your fellow American.

• Azazel on August 6, 2019 at 9:40 pm

Pales in comparison to Chicago.

19. Laura on August 4, 2019 at 1:59 pm

I can’t believe this county. Why has EVERYTHING got to be about race??? Someone shot someone else. it doesn’t matter the race, we all bleed red. I don’t care if you are black, white, purple or green. 3 PEOPLE were shot. Only idiots speak of race in a time of tragedy.

20. Shawn on August 4, 2019 at 6:20 pm

This incident will not help the cause for people who approve of open/ concealed carry permits. Maybe states like Ohio and Texas will finally see the light, and stop selling their damn guns

• Huh? on August 5, 2019 at 7:53 am

Gonna go out on a limb and guess that none of these people have open/conceal carry permits. Also gonna bet the guns arent legal. So exactly how does that make your point?

• Joe on August 5, 2019 at 9:08 am

It doesn’t. I wonder how many bleeding heart anti-gunners that want more restrictive gun laws are out there every day breaking the speed limit, texting while driving, parking in no parking zones, or breaking any other law that is easy to follow. If I can’t get you to stop parking in a handicap spot or driving while texting or even calling a cab instead of drunk driving how can we expect violent criminals to adhere to new or existing gun laws? Common sense isn’t very common.

• Shawn on August 5, 2019 at 3:33 pm

Buy not selling guns to the public, and confiscation of those that are out there Duhh. Can’t kill with a gun if you can’t obtain one. common sense.

• Anonymous on August 6, 2019 at 10:48 am

Yes because every person that posses a illegal or stolen gun will willingly give it up to a communist type gun seizure. Brilliant Shawn, now the only people with guns are the bad guys.

• Synonymous on August 6, 2019 at 9:47 pm

How will you round up all the guns Shawn, when you democrats claim there’s no way we could round up all the illegals duuuuh!!
            There will ALWAYS be guns. You can kill with your bare hands Shawn, can they ban hands? You don’t care that murder happens as lon as it’s not with guns? You have no common sense, idiot.

• Synonymous on August 7, 2019 at 5:43 pm

It’s “By” Shawn. Now I know why your comments are so stupid, because the commenter is.
            Bye, Shawn

21. Shawn on August 4, 2019 at 6:24 pm

Look at all the gun violence this weekend. dozens killed, and all the gun puppets can say is that “the gun did not cause this” BS!

• Der on August 5, 2019 at 7:55 am

How exactly is the gun responsible? Did the gun load itself? Did the gun pull the trigger and fire itself? Lets just make it illegal to commit murder… Oh wait.

• Joe on August 5, 2019 at 9:11 am

Don’t bother. Shawn isn’t big on personal responsibility. His car caused him to get a speeding ticket. His eating utensils made him fat, his bed made him oversleep and late for work, his computer is to blame for the stupidity he posts.

• Shawn on August 5, 2019 at 3:34 pm

eliminating guns will drop the murder rate in the US by 90%

• Synonymous on August 6, 2019 at 9:51 pm

500 people died due to medical mistakes in a 48 hour period this weekend, but all you rat puke liberals can say Shawn is – that has nothing to do with it, quit pointing out facts.
      Ban Doctors now.
      Move to Canada Shawn they could always use one more stupid liberal asshole.

• Shawn on August 7, 2019 at 7:03 pm

Even to just stop the sale of ammunition would save thousands of lives in this country every year

• Synonymous on August 12, 2019 at 8:51 pm

Absolutely wrong d-bag. Quit regurgitating aunt Nanzi’s slobber. Getting rid of liberal democrats would save millions of lives a year.

22. THE HOOD on August 5, 2019 at 9:00 am

LP THE GHETTO!!!

23. LOL on August 5, 2019 at 9:07 am

FUNNY BC ALL INVOLVED WAS NOT BLACK TO ALL THE RACIST! THE 26 YEAR OLD WAS WHITE! SECONDLY, IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN LOOKING ON THIS WEBSITE LATELY MAJORITY OF THE FACES ARE WHITE!! SO WHAT DO YOU ALL HAVE TO SAY ABOUT YOUR SELF YOU ALL SURE HAVE BEEN COMMITTING ALOT OF CRIME LATELY WHITE TRASH!

• Wiggy on August 5, 2019 at 11:16 pm

And he’s a turd, animal, they or them if he was commuting a heinous crime. Feel better racist? You and parent – white one should go hug each other.

• parent - white one on August 7, 2019 at 9:04 am

Nah, I don’t need a hug. I am good there buddy! I am simply calling it how I see it. If there is an article on here with a white criminal – the comments are NEVER the same and the amount is NEVER the same. There are excuses made, or comments just aren’t made. When it is a black person, the comments are absolutely atrocious.

• Azazel on August 7, 2019 at 6:16 pm

Waah,waah,waah. Comments are just as bad about white criminals. You just don’t want them to be.

• smh on August 9, 2019 at 6:41 pm

Actually they aren’t. I went and posted links – SMNEWSNET just didn’t approve the comment.

• parent - white one on August 9, 2019 at 6:42 pm

smh should of been in body. Not as name. Oops.

• Wiggy on August 10, 2019 at 11:54 am

Go look at the comments about the peeping Tom from st marys college (white boy). Heinous and violent crimes get equal comments, it just appears that most of these crimes in the southern Maryland area are committed by black people.

• Anonymous on August 7, 2019 at 8:36 pm

The white girl got shot. Doubt she pulled a trigger. Idiot.

24. The punisher on August 5, 2019 at 5:45 pm

Why did this article get removed from the front page,News net? Must be some real truth the media don’t like in the comments I gather. Damn shame.

25. Jamie Johnson on August 5, 2019 at 6:05 pm

Instead of the blaming rhetoric, why don’t we all start writing the commissioners and elected officials to clean up Lexington Park. Let’s demand they bring stricter laws for crime or permanent incarceration (depending on the crime). Help people with rehabilitation and counseling with enhanced drug treatment for people suffering. Get people off the dole and give them hope. Life doesn’t have to be this way.

• Wiggy on August 6, 2019 at 7:45 pm

The commissioners don’t set federal sentencing guidelines. There are already numerous tools to help people get off of drugs and better they’re lives but that’s too hard so these dregs want the gubment to do everything for them. Until these people want to better themselves, it’s pointless.

26. Gimmie on August 5, 2019 at 8:07 pm

Bullets fly in the Park “l” Park Lords got bored

• Clever on August 6, 2019 at 3:41 am

You Neanderthals (REDNECKS,CAVE MEN, ETC…HOW ABOUT YOU STOP SHOOTING UP SCHOOLS, CHURCHES, GROCERY STORES, COLLEGE’S, CONCERTS, YOUR MOTHER’S, FATHER’S, AND RAPING YOUR SISTERS..FIND OUT WHY YOUR BLOOD IS NOT 100% HUMAN AND WHY YOUR RACE IS FADING OUT..STOP WORRY ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE SO MUCH THEIR THE MAJORITY…LOL HATERS!! WE’RE INVADING YOUR MINDS…LOL

• Parent - The only one on August 6, 2019 at 9:23 am

Your black racism is oooozing from your pores. Ooozing!

• blank on August 9, 2019 at 6:44 pm

Lets be real. Black people aren’t racist. Some are prejudice. There is a difference.

• Anonymous on August 10, 2019 at 8:46 pm

You’re an idiot.

• Bethany on August 7, 2019 at 8:29 am

i love this comment!!! GIVE THEM A TASTE OF THEIR OWN MEDICINE!! HAHA

• Synonymous on August 10, 2019 at 8:50 pm

Yes, and now it’s time for you to taste your medicine, might want to yell for the orderly to bring you your meds. What time is lights out?

27. TB on August 6, 2019 at 5:45 pm

Yet another display of demonic behavior in Saint Mary’s County. We are in critical times hard to deal with and it is only going to get worse. People regardless of color are lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God and there you have it folks in a nutshell. No reason to wonder why it was foretold long ago open your bible and read and find comfort and hope where there seems not to be any.

• Anonymous on August 6, 2019 at 9:56 pm

You just completely described the democrat liberals.

28. Anonymous on August 6, 2019 at 9:51 pm

These comments are hilarious. Always a race card pulled everywhere you turn around. People kill everyday and it’s sad. No matter what color you are it’s happening. Black people unfortunately are killing each other and white people killing whoever in the way when they shoot up the place. Chicago, New York mostly gang related over territory or whatever. Walmart shooter killed innocent kids etc…, Ohio same, and the list goes on. Wake up and quit your racist bull cause there’s no color on those bullets.

29. Mr. Dingle on August 7, 2019 at 8:44 am

It’s the violence that some people embrace. Logical, respected, famous and beloved leaders of all races have always told us that the way to make a better world is by rejecting violence, it’s really pretty simple. Some people don’t get it. Violence used to stop violence is still violence. There are a thousand ways you can justify violence but it’s still violence and it makes life worse for everyone regardless of why.

30. usernametaken on August 8, 2019 at 9:11 pm

It would nice to have an update on this violent crime.

31. Synonymous on August 10, 2019 at 9:41 pm