VIDEO: One Stabbed and Shots Fired in Parking lot of IHOP Early Saturday Morning

August 3, 2019

On Saturday, August 3, 2019, at approximately 2:55 a.m., Deputies from the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office, Calvert County Sheriff’s Office and Troopers from the Maryland State Police Leonardtown and Prince Frederick Barrack responded to the IHOP on Three Notch Road in Lexington Park, for the reported assault.

Police arrived on scene to find one vehicle struck by gunfire and a large crowd in the parking lot.

An unknown aged male stated he was stabbed in the parking lot of IHOP and was then driven to the Lexington Park Volunteer Rescue Squad where emergency medical technicians requested a helicopter for the patient’s injuries.

The patient was flown by Maryland State Police Helicopter Trooper 7 to an area trauma center with a stab wound to the abdomen.

At this time, it is unknown if any arrested were made, and if the shooting victim was shot at the Bay District Volunteer Fire House, or at the IHOP.

Detectives and Crime Lab Technicians from the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigations Division are actively investigating the shooting, and details will be provided as they become available.



16 Responses to VIDEO: One Stabbed and Shots Fired in Parking lot of IHOP Early Saturday Morning

  1. Wiggy on August 3, 2019 at 12:09 pm

    Why!?! Where is the outrage from the community? When will they step up and police themselves? They want respect but don’t respect themselves.

  2. Kyeesha Simmons on August 3, 2019 at 2:55 pm

    The foods really not that great there. Bob Evans is much better and I could understand why somebody would Kirk out there.

    • Wiggy on August 3, 2019 at 10:01 pm

      Bob Evans SUCKS!

    • Anonymous on August 7, 2019 at 10:05 pm

      Yeah but Bob Evans isn’t 24 hr. Who doesn’t like to hit up IHOP after a night of partying hard.

  3. The REAL Truth on August 3, 2019 at 2:57 pm

    Yep! The back parking lot of IHOP. Off the street and hidden from view. I am quite sure drugs weren’t involved here.

    • Synonymous on August 4, 2019 at 7:54 am

      There’s always a higher caliber of people at Bob Evans. What’s up with that?
      I know an IHOPE by me hires work release inmates…might be something to that.

  4. I Know I'm Right on August 3, 2019 at 8:33 pm

    Nothing good ever happens after midnight… ever.

    • Anonymous on August 7, 2019 at 10:06 pm

      Except in the bedroom.

  5. Eric Clapton on August 4, 2019 at 7:51 am

    “After midnight we’re gonna let it all hang out”
    “After midnight we’re gonna chug-a-lug and shout”
    “We’re gonna cause talk and suspicion, give an exhibition”

    • J. J. Cale on August 5, 2019 at 11:23 am

      Hey Eric,

      Why didn’t you give proper credit on the tune?

      Just like my other song, “Cocaine”.

      You made some serious money off of it – but I need my cut as well.

      • Eric Clapton on August 7, 2019 at 9:17 pm

        Sorry Ol’ Chap.

  6. Anonymous on August 4, 2019 at 8:00 am

    If the police stationed a car in that parking lot from 9 pm till dawn the business would lose 95% of its customers. The other 5% are lost.

  7. Pam442 on August 4, 2019 at 9:17 am

    The new police sub station should have been built next to the IHOP. Due to the LP and GM area being a high crime place they should pay for the sub station to baby sit them. The rest of us would like wider streets, street lamps, city water and sidewalks/curbs.

    • Shonda Jackson on August 5, 2019 at 9:21 am

      Why not build it in the IHOP? While the cops aren’t busy on patrolling, they can help out in the kitchen and maybe bus the tables. That would be some great community PR!

  8. IHOP SUCKS on August 5, 2019 at 9:17 am

    THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SERVE TRASH. PEOPLE ARE UPSET!

  9. roach infestation on August 7, 2019 at 8:30 am

    they were just trying to stab the roaches!!!!! this place is so dirty!