Three Lexington Park Men Arrested on Gun and Drug Charges

September 12, 2019

Maryland State Police arrested three men on Tuesday after a traffic stop in St. Mary’s County.

The three were identified as Keenan Berry, 23, Deamonte Lacey, 20 and Gavin Jones, 17, all of Lexington Park.

On September 10, 2019 at approximately 9:45 a.m., Trooper First Class C. Ditoto from the Maryland State Police Leonardtown Barrack initiated a traffic stop on a vehicle on Great Mills Road in the area of St. Mary’s Square in Lexington Park. A probable cause search of the vehicle revealed a quantity of marijuana and two loaded .357 handguns.

During the incident, Latisha Lee Ann Connolly, 37, arrived on scene and began yelling at police, demanding to know what was happening. Connolly, the mother of Lacey and Jones made several threats against the officers arresting her children, and at one point told Trooper Ditoto, “I’ll put a stack on your head” and when the trooper asked what she meant by that, she informed him not to worry about that, because her family will take care of him. The term”putting a stack on someones head” means to put an offer of $1,000 to have a person killed.

Berry, Lacey and Jones were arrested and transported to the Leonardtown Barrack for processing. A check through the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) revealed one of the handguns had been reported stolen through the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Department, earlier this summer.

The three suspects were transported to the St. Mary’s County Detention and Rehabilitation Center. Berry was later released, Lacey is being held without bond and Jones was transported to the Cheltenham Youth Detention Center.

As a result of these arrests, Troopers assigned to the Maryland State Police Gun Enforcement Unit authored a search and seizure warrant for Lacey and Jones’ residence. A search of the residence revealed additional ammunition.

The Maryland State Police Gun Enforcement Unit is supported by the Governor’s Office of Crime Control & Prevention (GOCCP) for Maryland.

Berry is charged with possession of marijuana, possession with intent to distribute marijuana. Lacey was charged with handgun-related charges and misdemeanor theft. Jones, who is being charged as an adult, is charged with handgun-related charges and marijuana possession.

Gavin Jones, 17, of Lexington Park

Gavin Jones, 17, of Lexington Park

Deamonte Lacey, 20 of Lexington Park

Deamonte Lacey, 20 of Lexington Park

Keenan Berry, 23, of Lexington Park

Keenan Berry, 23, of Lexington Park

90 Responses to Three Lexington Park Men Arrested on Gun and Drug Charges

1. Sherri Pope on September 12, 2019 at 4:15 pm

Love that video. $100 dollar car. $3000 rims.

• Anonymous on September 12, 2019 at 6:04 pm

You got to love it

• Wiggy on September 13, 2019 at 5:17 am

They may have been making payments on 3k rims but they’re only worth 400 which is due to the tires on them.

2. Anonymous on September 12, 2019 at 4:18 pm

At such a young age I guess they thought they were being cool. I bet in 20 years they will look back and regret the stuff they are doing now. That is if they live that long. Maybe if the mother spent more time yelling at the kids for their bad behavior instead of threatening cops she wouldn’t have 2 kids locked up right now. Bad parenting and the start of a long life of bad life choices for the young guys unless they make a change now.

3. The Dude... on September 12, 2019 at 4:23 pm

Haaaa…Thanks mom. Thanks for raising them just like you.

• Wiggy on September 12, 2019 at 5:23 pm

The cycle continues!

• Anonymous on September 13, 2019 at 7:49 am

RAISED THEM LIKE THE TRAILER PARK WHITE SHE IS.

• Anonymous on September 14, 2019 at 6:22 am

Says the black man that can’t figure out how to turn off his caps lock. Your racism oozes out of all of your comments.

• Anonymous on September 17, 2019 at 7:07 am

YOU DARN RIGHT! EXCEPT IM WHITE NOT BLACK LOL

• Anonymous on September 16, 2019 at 3:57 pm

She is a mixed race female.. trailer park though get your racist ass so respect..

4. Anonymous on September 12, 2019 at 4:31 pm

Good about time Gavin gets what he deserves

• Anonymous on September 12, 2019 at 5:49 pm

Dont be anonymous you feel some type of way be known

• Malcolm X on September 12, 2019 at 10:49 pm

Says “anonymous.” Can’t make this stuff up. This is why a lot of black communities fail. They care more about criminals and street cred than growing up and raising a family in a decent neighborhood.

• Rev. Al Jackson on September 14, 2019 at 6:23 am

Shhhhhh! Don’t speak the truth!

• Sharwell Clark on September 12, 2019 at 9:49 pm

Lot of tough talk behind a phone screen big man.

• Wiggy on September 13, 2019 at 5:13 am

And you’re going to do what? Hmmm Sharwell?

• Better stay with anonymous! on September 13, 2019 at 12:31 pm

With a name like “Sharwell” – and you actin all bad?

Oh man that’s funny!

• S. Clark on September 16, 2019 at 8:57 am

Don’t worry…we’re going to breed all y’all out, just like the king was doing in Braveheart. Whites will be gone in 2, maybe 3 more generations.Have a blessed day

• Azazel on September 13, 2019 at 9:45 pm

Just like you’re doing.

5. Hey dude on September 12, 2019 at 4:46 pm

We need more gun laws!!!! No, we need to prosecute criminals that violate existing gun laws.
    Did I miss the part about the mom getting locked up for the threat?

• Call it like I see it on September 13, 2019 at 12:06 am

I missed it too because if she threatened them and they made sure they wrote it down why wasnt she arrested… I dont believe she said it. In fact she demanded answers about her minor child being detained before she even arrived… she definitely didnt start threatening to that extent her picture would be up there too huh…. seems to me like just another crooked cop to me committing crimes.

6. Jo on September 12, 2019 at 4:52 pm

And there mama’s are saying how good her babies are and they wouldn’t hurt nobody.

• oh please. welcome to 4th grade on September 13, 2019 at 5:58 am

Their – not there

• Jon on September 14, 2019 at 5:57 pm

Oops.Thanks.

7. John Benoder on September 12, 2019 at 5:10 pm

Lexington Park will always be a crap shoot as long as the county does nothing to drive these people out and make improvements…..

• You can't drive out the hood rat on September 13, 2019 at 12:33 pm

Well your partially correct – the “crap” part.

8. Bebop on September 12, 2019 at 5:30 pm

Hmmm….What’s that old Cher song???

• bob on September 12, 2019 at 7:33 pm

“I Got You Babe?”

9. Anonymous on September 12, 2019 at 5:51 pm

What stack do Tish have if she did have one she would blow it on K2

• Anonymous on September 12, 2019 at 7:38 pm

Or a dipper

• Must be a neighbor on September 13, 2019 at 5:59 am

What language do you speak and write fluently?

• Yamuvva on September 16, 2019 at 3:34 pm

Golleee ‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️

10. Bill Paid on September 12, 2019 at 7:30 pm

Who sports the best “do”;
    A.Gavin
    B.Deamonte
    C.Keenan

• Yes - You do have a point there.... on September 13, 2019 at 12:38 pm

Good question. 3 do’s that don’t.

I’m goin with “the black Lurch” in the middle.

The due on the bottom is fairly basic jungle

The top one is too ugly to look at, with that girly curl thing goin on.

11. Anonymous on September 12, 2019 at 7:36 pm

That mom is doing the best she can to raise two kids. Give the girl some credit. Maybe offer he some help instead of looking at the kid’s mistakes.

• Anonymous on September 13, 2019 at 5:14 am

Here we go.

• Bebop on September 13, 2019 at 7:59 pm

REALLY?? WTF

• Azazel on September 13, 2019 at 9:49 pm

Ain’t no anchor tied to your ass, you go help her, then you’ll see it’s too late. How often do you visit your kids in jail?

12. Anonymous on September 12, 2019 at 8:40 pm

First off I’m the mother of deamonte lacey and gavon jones I really don’t care what anyone thinks but I will clarify this a bit……my son gavon has had his life threatned several times for several years I reached out for help to no prevail every time he left the house he would be approached and threatened so i started making him stay home then finally my vehicle got shot right in front of my home and it got classified as a random situation poof it went away the way the police are explaining it to me was that that’s when my boys felt they had to defend themselves by getting the firearms I had no idea they had firearms I would never uphold that I have minor children in my home which thank god they werent keeping them here…but at that time they thought that was the way to go to protect themselves without being classified as a snitch…..yes im hurt cause i had no idea it was like this and yes when I got to the scene and seen what I saw was going on with especially my minor I did get irate when I constantly kept asking please tell me what is going on gavon is a minor why is he being arrested why did you even search him with him being a minor or because you smelled pot in the car yet the book bags were on both of there persons please tell me and being treated like a criminal for wanting to kno what was going on with my son’s especially my minor I then started demanding answers and swearing saying no f this someone is going to tell me something now so wtf is going on they kept telling me they couldn’t tell me anything that I had to talk to the commissioner that he had no time and to get the f away and other very rude things I never once threatened a life not anyone’s life that isn’t me the officer who made these lies up about me and put it in this report that has now made me look horrible and my children I have written a complaint and I have legal representation to get the truth told to clear mine and my children’s name this is unfair I did nothing wrong but be a concerned mother this I will comment on the other things I’m reading in these comments I won’t it’s pointless these are all things folks want to say but to afraid to in person….there’s your 3 seconds of fame good job…..smh lls

• Anonymous on September 12, 2019 at 9:43 pm

Mom of the year! Good talk mom.

• Anonymous on September 12, 2019 at 9:44 pm

You did a GREAT job mom!

• Arlandis Bigby on September 12, 2019 at 9:55 pm

Your kid got bad paperwork now. He better click up. Watch his cheeks up at cheltenahm.

• Anonymous on September 12, 2019 at 10:07 pm

And you still can’t even spell your own son name. What are you on right now

• Tyshawn mobley on September 12, 2019 at 10:20 pm

This news site should have a hall of fame for comments like these

• Malcolm X on September 12, 2019 at 10:51 pm

Oh man, comment of the year. Or better yet, all time. Congrats mom, you showed them!

• Anonymous on September 12, 2019 at 11:58 pm

They searched your minor child without notifying you?? I’d be irrate too. I bet every parent here would be.

• Smh on September 13, 2019 at 3:23 am

you need to get neutered.

• Anonymous on September 16, 2019 at 4:02 pm

How about you come show who you are so you can get castrated..

• Anonymous on September 13, 2019 at 5:52 am

You should be locked up for writing that paragraph!

• Anonymous on September 13, 2019 at 7:45 am

Where’s the punctuation?

• tiredofthesepeople on September 13, 2019 at 8:21 am

Trailer trash ! Your whole family should be locked up… Where are their Dads ? LOCKED UP ?

• Grammar Police on September 13, 2019 at 8:51 am

You should try using some punctuation once in a while. Maybe you wouldn’t come off as a blithering idiot.

• Tea Bag King on September 13, 2019 at 9:25 am

Punctuation. Punctuation. Punctuation.

• Jo on September 13, 2019 at 9:39 am

Have you heard of punctuation lady? WTF did I read??

• Anonymous on September 13, 2019 at 10:14 am

And daddy(ies?) says … what?

• Bob Jones on September 13, 2019 at 12:10 pm

Hey mom,

You DO know that what you say online could be used against your kids in court, bond reviews, etc, don’t you? I sure the state’s attorney, police, etc are taking screenshots as I write this.

Good luck and Peace!

• Anonymous on September 13, 2019 at 1:46 pm

Tish your mom would have been ashamed. God rest her sole. Sad thing is youhave what 5 or 6 kids and they are all following in your foot steps. You have had allot of chances with your kid’s and you have thrown them all away. Please take a look at your self then at your kids this may have been the best thing for them.

• Dick on September 13, 2019 at 9:21 pm

Traffic violations, Drugs, guns and threatening police. Good job teaching them “right from wrong” and showing them a good example mom. Fist bump to you.

• Paul Kersey on September 13, 2019 at 9:51 pm

No, most of us would absolutely say it in person.

13. #FreeGavon on September 12, 2019 at 9:15 pm

Gavon doesn’t deserve that. He’s a good boy. Just trying to look out for his family when no one else can.

• Malcolm X on September 13, 2019 at 8:47 am

With a gun and dope? Yeah, that’s how I look after my family.

• HMMMM on September 13, 2019 at 6:38 pm

Where’s dad?

14. #FREEDEE#FREEGAVON on September 12, 2019 at 11:09 pm

I’m a friend of the family for 17 years. I will tell you what latisha Connolly is an absolute great mother of 7 who is single and struggling to make ends meet but she does it and has a home and a vehicle and all her children know they are unconditionally loved with all her heart by her.she makes sure they are always good no matter what. Gavon is an awesome young man who is never in the streets and always at home with his family he doesnt look for trouble but trouble has always found him thru bullies. Dee is the protector of his family and loves his family with all his heart. He is a graduate and has so many talents with such a great heart. They are great children and they werent out here hurting anyone they are far from criminals. The officers even said they cooperated
    with them better then some grown men do I witnessed it. Latisha is a drug free alchohol free mother who would give her last and go without just to make sure her children are good. She never threatened any officers and they made that up point blank. She had every right to ask why her minor child was detained and why they went in his persons without her present that’s ILLEGAL! …without her being present the cops broke that law because they are crooked criminals. LOOK HOW THEY PAINTED THIS PICTURE. My boys are innocent and this picture they are painting is foul and fraudulent.

• Anonymous on September 14, 2019 at 6:29 am

Keep circling the wagons. I don’t buy the “trouble finds them” bit. I’m sure they are the crooks that the police found them to be. Also, I know that stereotyping sucks, but it’s also a fact of life since we’re all human. If you play the part of a criminal, it’s a lot easier for the police to find criminals like the ones listed in the article. Perhaps they shouldn’t riding around in a donk, box or bubble because it’s perceived as being cool.

• Synonymous on September 14, 2019 at 4:44 pm

You were either laughing your ass off the whole time you typed this or were so wasted you believed it..

• tiredofthesepeople on September 14, 2019 at 9:29 pm

7 kids by 7 different daddies….Where are their daddies, locked up too ?

15. Anonymous on September 13, 2019 at 4:53 am

That should be his mother’s job if she didn’t stay high all day. Keep them locked up

16. WHITE MOMMA BLACK DADDY on September 13, 2019 at 7:47 am

FUNNY THING IS THERE MOMMA WHITE!!

• Anonymous on September 14, 2019 at 12:12 am

No she isnt get your facts right…

• Anonymous on September 17, 2019 at 7:05 am

THE MOMMA IS WHITE!!! MY FACTS RIGHT YOURS AINT!

17. Anonymous on September 13, 2019 at 8:29 am

No reason to have a stolen gun and drugs in the car and if his life is in danger move.no instead I will carry a gun and drugs in the car to protect myself bull I would have kicked my sons ass we all make choices

18. Sarah on September 13, 2019 at 10:37 am

I knew these two boys when they were much younger. Their mom has been through a lot over the years. Stop judging. Tish loves her boys, always has. She has always been a loving & supportive mother. These boys are still kids & you have no idea what goes on in their lives outside of home. Keep pushing boys!

• Delontae on September 14, 2019 at 6:32 am

The dirty laundry is out for all of us to see. We’re free to judge all day long.

• Blackk Jackk on September 14, 2019 at 4:49 pm

If you don’t want to be judged, quit committing crimes, kdep your ass out of trouble and your face off of here.

• Chief Gray Owl on September 14, 2019 at 4:52 pm

Sarah, only one who defend ghetto behavior by mother ann sons, ghetto themself.

19. Anonymous on September 13, 2019 at 1:13 pm

A stack huh? LOL! I don’t think a hitman takes EBT cards. What an absolute disgrace of a person. Pure freaking animal. Excuse me,animal(s). Just freaking trash, all of them. You wonder why kids grow up to be punk losers. Mother of he year. Pathetic!

20. anonomus on September 13, 2019 at 2:37 pm

so let me see if I got this straight, Latisha Lee Ann Connolly has three kids all with different last names from hers, what kind of squirrel nest do these people live in.

• Anonymous on September 14, 2019 at 10:04 pm

The only TWO, reading is fundamental!!!

21. Harry Callahan on September 13, 2019 at 9:52 pm

3 clowns with a clown car to match.

22. Charles on September 13, 2019 at 10:02 pm

Someone needs to look out for that hair…lol

23. Q foolio on September 14, 2019 at 12:42 am

Nun of y’all know what goes on a daily yall dont know wht goes on in there life yall need to keep all them goofy ass comments to yall self plain in simple yall dont have nun else better to do Lexington park no life clowns

• Anonymous on September 14, 2019 at 6:30 am

Shut the FRONT door! You ain’t nuttin but ghetto trash just like the people in the article.

24. Anonymous on September 14, 2019 at 9:45 am

I am sick and tired of all you discriminating judgemental bullies bashing my nephews. You are what’s wrong with society!! My nephews civil right were stolen from them by the crooked law of this state. Those boys are good boys and all they were trying to do is protect themselves. Their mother had no clue they had guns!!! Deamonte is a high school graduate and Gav was being homeschooled only because his life has been threatened by bullies. When their mother seeked help she received a shoulder shrug from these officers that are supposed to protect us. Her van was SHOT in front of her house and those same boys that were bullying shot her van 2 feet from her door. They have 4 younger siblings and their mother is doing it alone! Those boy felt like they had no choice but to find a gun to protect them and their family. That day they went to job source on foot to help their mother because like I said shes doing this alone. They felt like they had to be the men of the house. They felt like they had to protect themselves… NOT CRIMINALS. so stop!!!… they are really good boys and their momma is doing what she can. She loves them unconditionally. Now what’s wrong is they caught a ride with someone so they didnt have to walk taking a risk they might get shot… they were stopped by that officer because he said they all werent wearing a seat belt which is a lie. Then that same officer said he smelled marijuana and searched that car illegally. Then that same officer of this state took my minor nephew to the side and forced him to remove his book bag on his persons NOT IN THAT CAR. he never once notified the minors mother she found out her son was face down with a knee in his back by a neighborhood child SMH. she never once threatened any officer that’s a felony offense which she never was arrested for. Seems to me like they just painted a picture to cover their asses. The law broke the law and stole civil rights away. Now they are painting a picture so people like you can judge them. Now that officer needs his badge taken not my nephews freedom. FREE GAVON AND DEAMONTE

• Anonymous on September 14, 2019 at 2:40 pm

Since when is threatening a police officer a felony? might want to go back to law school… last time i checked a verbal threat isn’t a crime. Maybe she wasn’t arrested because she didn’t commit a crime?

• Blackk Jackk on September 14, 2019 at 4:57 pm

Your family is whats wrong with society. Bad mix of ignorance and arrogance.

25. Anonymous on September 14, 2019 at 3:38 pm

Ok if it wasnt a crime wth was she ever mentioned, slandered and terribly discriminated and put on display to be discriminated???

26. Anonymous on September 14, 2019 at 4:03 pm

It’s called criminal threat and it can be a felony look it up

• Anonymous on September 14, 2019 at 7:54 pm

Typical black community: Stand by the criminals, shift the blame, take no responsibility, claim racism, rinse, repeat.

• Anonymous on September 17, 2019 at 7:04 am

THERE MOM IS WHITE SO ITS A MIXED COMMUNITY..LETS BE TECHNICAL HERE.

• Anonymous on September 16, 2019 at 7:06 am