September 30, 2019

On Monday, September 30, 2019, at approximately 11:40 a.m., police fire, and rescue personnel responded to the area of Three Notch Road and Hermanville Road in Lexington Park, for the motor vehicle accident reported serious with one subject trapped.

Crews arrived on the scene to find one vehicle off the roadway, and one vehicle on the shoulder of the roadway with no entrapment.

Emergency medical personnel requested the driver side doors and pillar be cut to access the patient. Firefighters extricated the single occupant/operator in approximately 10 minutes.

Witnesses reported the Honda sedan was traveling at a high rate of speed when the white truck saw them coming from behind and tried to move out of the way. The Honda struck the front end of the Ford pick-up truck at a high rate of speed, lost control and went off the roadway where he subsequently struck a tree.

The driver of the Honda was driven to the Maryland State Police Helicopter Hangar in Hollywood where Maryland State Police Helicopter Trooper 7 transported him to an area trauma center. No other injuries were reported.

The St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office is currently investigating the crash.

Updates will be provided when they become available.

52 Responses to Reckless Driving Sends Driver to Trauma Center After Motor Vehicle Accident in Lexington Park

1. Anonymous on September 30, 2019 at 1:56 pm

Sounds like the driver of the Honda got what they deserved. Luckily they didn’t take out the driver of the Ranger.

• Anonymous on September 30, 2019 at 6:43 pm

Stfu nobody deserves to be in a car accident what is wrong with people

• Anonymous on September 30, 2019 at 9:04 pm

You dumb

• Anonymous on October 1, 2019 at 4:46 am

They do when they are driving like an a$$ and putting everyone else at risk. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it crybaby.

• Rick on October 1, 2019 at 7:19 am

You do when you drive like an idiot

• Anonymous on October 1, 2019 at 6:00 pm

Did you see the accident? You shouldn’t comment on something you know nothing about. I dont talk about
          Your mother. But I could

• Whiggy on October 2, 2019 at 8:45 pm

Stop defending your boyfriend Nick. No one cares about a loser that puts the rest of us at risk.

• Anonymous on October 1, 2019 at 10:48 am

What did they think was gonna happen? You touch a hot stove, you deserve to be burned. Drive like a maniac and put public at risk….you deserve it. What if they hurt/killed your family? What would you be saying?

• Anonymous on October 1, 2019 at 5:55 pm

Know all the fact before you comment. Where you there. Ignorance must run rampid in st Mary’s county.
          Nick
          SIRNICKOLIS@YAHOO.COM

• Anonymous on October 2, 2019 at 9:36 am

I was there. Racing. Driving like a maniac.

• We're waiting on October 2, 2019 at 10:28 am

Oh, Please elaborate on the facts you have that the story does not.

• YourMomZaenus on October 2, 2019 at 2:43 pm

*Facts
            *Were
            *Rampant

I’ll take an ignorant commenter over one who can’t spell to save his life.

• Anonymous on October 2, 2019 at 4:33 pm

“rampid”?? You proved your point about ignorance. It is really is “rampant”.

• Anonymous on October 2, 2019 at 8:42 pm

Sounds like sir nick is a CRYBABY!!

• Anonymous on October 3, 2019 at 12:09 pm

Facts: Driving at a high rate of speed, hit a truck, ran off the road
            The stories facts and mine are the same.??.. What is so hard to understand? they deserve to wreck. I’m just glad they didn’t hurt anyone else. It must have been you driving since you are so defensive. You can’t change the facts. Who let this dumbass have a computer?

2. Anonymous on September 30, 2019 at 2:07 pm

This is embarrassing…slow the heck down folks!

• Nick on October 1, 2019 at 6:24 pm

Embarrassing you comment you know nothing about
      Called ignorance

3. Pam442 on September 30, 2019 at 3:07 pm

That car comes with ACC to prevent this from happening. Apparently Honda is using the area as a proving ground that nothing can prevent poor driving skills!

• Johnny5 on October 1, 2019 at 6:14 am

ACC stands for adaptive cruise control. It has absolutely nothing to do with this accident. You should get your fact straight before commenting!

4. Anonymous on September 30, 2019 at 4:20 pm

Send him back to driving school. Idiot no sympathy

• Anonymous on October 1, 2019 at 3:06 pm

Evidently there are alot of ignorant people that leave comments that they dont know anything about.. Leave your name then. Im the owner that was in the accident.

• werwe on October 2, 2019 at 9:04 am

You were driving or you own the car?

• werwe on October 2, 2019 at 9:07 am

Witnesses say you were driving like an idiot or without due regard to others. If that is the case then you are putting others in danger by selfishly driving like a douchebag.

• Cap'n Obvious on October 2, 2019 at 10:34 am

…says ‘Anonymous’

• Thankful Bystander on October 2, 2019 at 1:26 pm

And I’m the thankful bystander that saw you and the other car driving like maniacs (see my comment further down). What was the hurry? Was it worth putting our lives at risk? I’d really like to know.

5. Johnny5 on September 30, 2019 at 5:06 pm

You realize acc stands for adaptive cruise control. Has absolutely nothing to do with what happened. Won’t work if cruise control is not engaged and I highly doubt anybody would use cruise control at high speeds.

6. Anonymous on September 30, 2019 at 6:37 pm

prayers to the victims

7. Anonymous on September 30, 2019 at 7:26 pm

Robert Deniro said it best on Heat. “DUMB MOTHER******!”

8. Anonymous on September 30, 2019 at 7:39 pm

That poor car. Will it be okay?

9. Anonymous on October 1, 2019 at 4:48 am

you see all that straight flat road…space…!!!!

10. Anonymous on October 1, 2019 at 4:51 am

what was his hurry ???…trying to get his pizza home while still hot !!!

11. Thankful Bystander on October 1, 2019 at 5:34 am

I actually saw this happen. The Honda along with another car (silver something) were racing south on Rt. 235. They both passed me like I was standing still (I was doing 55). The honda passed me on the right (I was in the left southbound lane) and the silver passed me on the left using the NB 235 lanes. I was thankful they left me alone. I saw them jockeying for the left lane all the way to the Hermanville light. They were lucky they didn’t kill someone.

• Just the facts on October 2, 2019 at 10:45 am

Next time, stay in the right hand lane and you should be safe. Left lane is for passing…and you were hawgin’ it. How quickly some forget what they learned in driver’s ed.

• Thankful Bystander on October 3, 2019 at 6:33 am

I was in the left lane because I was going to make a left turn at the Hermanville Rd Light. And until the 2 idiots came running up on me, there was no one in sight. I know how to drive, thank you very much. We had 2 criminally reckless drivers on the road and you’re criticizing my driving??? Unreal

• Joe on October 3, 2019 at 6:53 am

unfortunately, the people around here don’t learn the traffic laws and will show you their ignorance of said laws daily.

• Anonymous on October 3, 2019 at 12:48 pm

The left lane is also for turning left in an approaching left turn lane.

12. Anonymous on October 1, 2019 at 7:38 am

Another fine example of the Hurst tool abuse. If they had proper training of getting the person out. It could had been done without removing the doors. By simply applying a half board to the patient and put a color on . Then slide them out onto a full back board .It’s just that simple. I know because I was an EMT for 24years .

• The REAL Truth on October 1, 2019 at 1:13 pm

After 24 years… did they give you a box of crayons and some markers so you could put some ‘color’ on more people?

• Anonymous on October 1, 2019 at 7:05 pm

Ding Ding Ding . Give the grammar police a prize for pointing out the mistake I had made and posted it that I made it. It must had been from one of BDFD. The Chop Top Boys. Only know one way to use the Hurst tool .

• Concerned citizen on October 8, 2019 at 1:04 pm

I don’t understand why people have to be in such a hurry, being a few mins later won’t kill anyone. Why don’t you think about who maybe in the vehicles around you. Driving irrational can cause harm to others including children. My first thought is my young son and his safety. Please just slow it down for the sake of others around you.

• Anonymous on October 1, 2019 at 1:56 pm

Before the grammar police react. It was early . I spelled collar wrong.

• peeps on October 1, 2019 at 4:07 pm

surprised they didn’t cut the roof off the Honda and while they were at it, cut the doors off the ranger too.

13. The Truth Hurts on October 2, 2019 at 9:28 am

Same here. What would they do if they did not have that tool ?

14. Anonymous on October 3, 2019 at 12:34 pm

If it wasn’t totaled at first it definitely is now after cutting the doors and part of the frame off.

• YourMomZaenus on October 3, 2019 at 4:12 pm

Airbags were deployed so it’s already totaled.

• THe Truth Hurts on October 4, 2019 at 12:14 pm

Are you an auto accident adjuster ? I hear they go by how much the value of the vehicle and the cost of repairing it. To come to a conclusion if it is totaled or not. Not if the air bag is deployed. They can be deployed by a little hard bump on the bumper . All you have to do is bent that little wire to make the air bags go off. You need to educate yourself more.

• Anonymous on October 5, 2019 at 11:00 am

No you dumbass, he meant because the cost of new airbags is wayyyyy expensive. They’re the sole reason many vehicles get totaled out, even with little damage. You’re an idiot LOL.

15. Shocker on October 3, 2019 at 12:37 pm

Definitely a stupid kid that has little experience driving, let alone recklessly. Mommy and Daddy will buy him another new honda.

16. Ron Jeremy on October 3, 2019 at 7:33 pm

Two cars were racing down RT235 south of gate 2, blew by me and I was doing 60.

HAHA your cars are all borked.

17. Anonymous on October 5, 2019 at 12:59 pm

Mom’s gonna be pissed

18. HONDA LOVAH on October 7, 2019 at 10:12 am

THAT BEAUTIFUL BRAND NEW CAR GONE TO WASTE SMH!!!

19. crazy day on October 8, 2019 at 8:20 am

my car only had 2000 miles on it..blue diamond will be missed but she saved me i will get another one.