November 1, 2019

On Thursday, October 31, 2019, at approximately 5:00 p.m., police and emergency medical personnel responded to Liberty Street and Pacific Drive in Lexington Park, for the reported injuries after an assault.

Crews arrived on the scene to find a female reporting she was robbed at gunpoint while walking in the area of the St. Mary’s Landing apartments.

Witnesses reported the woman was robbed at gunpoint and had her purse stolen. The suspect was described as a black male wearing a black t-shirt, approximately 30 to 40 years of age, average build with a small black handgun. The suspect reportedly fled on foot in an unknown direction.

The Maryland State Police Leonardtown Barrack is currently investigating the incident.

The adult female was transported to an area hospital with injuries to the head after being pistol whipped.

Updates will be provided when they become available.

25 Responses to Police Investigating Armed Robbery on Halloween in Lexington Park, Victim Sent to Hospital

1. Shawn on November 1, 2019 at 3:27 pm

Maryland gun culture

2. Shawn on November 1, 2019 at 3:40 pm

When will people learn that guns can not solve problems

• Richard on November 1, 2019 at 5:08 pm

The hell they can’t. Come rob me and see what happens….

• Shawn on November 2, 2019 at 9:26 pm

You would only wind up like everybody else that gets their guns robbed.

• Joe on November 4, 2019 at 9:38 am

Like the Police? They get their guns robbed when they respond to an armed assailant? Is that your “proof”?

• Shawn on November 4, 2019 at 8:43 pm

police are trained and use their firearms in the line of duty. It’s what they get paid for. and are responsible for their weapons at all times

• Anonymous on November 1, 2019 at 6:04 pm

This is what gun control looks like.

• Anonymous on November 2, 2019 at 9:14 pm

More like gun (out of ) control

• Joe on November 4, 2019 at 9:40 am

More like Black Male out of control with a gun. Can’t fix the problem until we have an honest discussion about who and what the problem is.

• Loyd on November 5, 2019 at 3:54 pm

More like racism out of control now

• A Mixed Women on November 5, 2019 at 5:07 pm

You just had to reference race like a white or Latino man cant do the same . Oh I forgot , you white men are to busy shooting up schools and meth, maybe even fentanyl. I guess that ain’t a discussion we need to address huh . I dont get how pointing out a person’s race and to talk about it , will fix anything . Check your stats before you male these comments . Not saying what this man did is right because its completely put of line , however his skin color has nothing to do with it .

• Anonymous on November 6, 2019 at 5:06 am

There it is. The “You’re racist” comment.

3. Vegas on November 1, 2019 at 4:48 pm

the “L” Park Lords can’t even take a day off on Halloween

4. BooBerry on November 1, 2019 at 5:43 pm

His costume was a worthless pos hoodrat. Won 1st place.

5. Ashley on November 1, 2019 at 6:07 pm

That neighborhood is GARBAGE i used to live there and thank god it was only for a year..i witnessed ppl walking around about 3 am checkin to see if and car doors was unlocked so they could steal from them …they need cameras cause police was in the neighborhood EVEYDAY

• Apt 2A on November 2, 2019 at 7:41 pm

I agree I lived there back in the early 90’s and it was bad then. I had a shotgun leaning next to my headboard just in case of any midnight visitors. There have been at least two murders there that I know of.

• Anonymous on November 2, 2019 at 9:23 pm

epic fail.

• Anonymous on November 4, 2019 at 4:53 pm

Fail? You’re an idiot. Why would they lie? I always keep my 870 in arms reach, and I damn sure would if I lived anywhere around that ghetto, or anywhere around ghetto mills or Lexington park in general. You’d be an idiot not to have a firearm in general if you have a family and over that way.

• Anonymous on November 4, 2019 at 10:12 pm

Another fail!

6. Anonymous on November 2, 2019 at 6:06 pm

…this is low income ???? what am I doing wrong ??? no cuttin grass ! No raking leafs !no cleaning gutters ! no clippin bushes !!! lord…oh lord did I plan out wrong I’m sittin here at my starter house ?? trying to get this cheap mower started with last years clean burning gas ….

7. O’kurrrrrrrrrt on November 2, 2019 at 11:17 pm

I just retired and left the state, Maryland can pound sand!!!!

8. The Message on November 3, 2019 at 3:12 pm

i have a question to ask as I read the comments, and often they are mostly negative. being the people of the community is anyone doing anything to give back and change the way it is. I hear or read the complaints but never hear about any effort to better the situation. I will say i know it can change, for example you have a young man who started a summer basketball league to help keep guys off the street and attempt to give them something to do rather than crime down at Nicolette Park. That’s initiative and from my understanding he isn’t getting paid but wanted to change, help and show the community there is good there it just may need a leader to lead the way.

• Anonymous on November 6, 2019 at 5:10 am

You’re spot on. But I’m not sure most people in that community want change.

• tired of these people on November 6, 2019 at 8:50 am

Towns right outside of Military Bases are notorious for being s**tholes with high crimes, etc.
      You can’t change dumb and lazy people, especially of a certain race !

9. Military on November 5, 2019 at 12:00 am